• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Melina Returning to WWE TV Soon

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Former WWE Women's Champion and WWE Divas Champion Melina is set to return to the company soon.

Melina recently agreed on a new contract with WWE, according to PWInsider. She is scheduled to return to WWE TV within the next week, but there's no word yet on if she will be working RAW or SmackDown.

WWE officials have been interested in bringing Melina back since earlier this year when they tried to book her for the 2020 Women's Royal Rumble Match. That didn't work out as she was under a deal with the NWA at that time, but her NWA contract has expired.

The 41 year old Melina first signed with WWE in 2004, making her main roster debut in 2005. She was released in August 2011 and has worked some indie dates since then. Her last WWE appearance came on the RAW Reunion show in July 2019.

Stay tuned for updates on Melina's WWE status.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/09/spoiler-former-champion-returning-to-wwe-tv-soon-674913/

Sabretooth

Lmao well that’s completely fucking random. Hopefully she brings some good experience to the division.

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
LOVE this signing. Always been a fan of Melina on screen. She's awesome. And I agree Melina vs. Zelina would be great.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Mickie returning to WWE their is a God. Melina and Angel Garza let's do it, but seriously she could do really well in her return and I look forward to the plans they have coming for her.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Mickie returning to WWE their is a God. Melina and Angel Garza let's do it, but seriously she could do really well in her return and I look forward to the plans they have coming for her.

Dale

Super Moderator
Huge meh, thought she was ok at best and that was almost 10 years ago.

With this signing and Zelina starting to wrestle on the regular, feels like they're beefing up the roster ready for an Evolution 2.0

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
I am open for Melina to return to the WWE. She still can go and still has it in the ring. We got so many dream matches now that awaits for everyone. Imagine Melina vs Sasha Banks in a mic vs mic category. Melina vs Becky Lynch next year, Melina vs Asuka, Melina vs Mickie James again and so on. The division has more depth now.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Depth, sure. However I find it hard to believe any matchup involving Melina is a 'Dream match' unless it's with Alicia Fox.
I don't think dream match is the way I'd describe it, but 5-10 years ago I'd have had matches I'd want to see with her.

I don't know about now. I'd have to see her work a few matches in 2020 first.