Matt Hardy: Hardy Boys Reunion "Very Likely" In WWE Next Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Book a Hornswoggle/CM Punk feud but please, NO DAMN HARDY BOYS.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I'm sure that in Matt Hardy's drug addled mind he thinks he can get rehired but in reality he's burnt every bridge to being relevant in wrestling and people will just remember him as the fat, junkie that managed to become a bigger train wreck than his brother.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm sure that in Matt Hardy's drug addled mind he thinks he can get rehired but in reality he's burnt every bridge to being relevant in wrestling and people will just remember him as the fat, junkie that managed to become a bigger train wreck than his brother.

The Hardy's have been clean for awhile now, how many more times do I have to say it? Not saying that will stay that way, but right now and certainly for awhile its been the case. Besides wrestling is a funny old world, you never fully burn a bridge if the promotion feel you may have something to offer them.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
The Hardy's have been clean for awhile now, how many more times do I have to say it? Not saying that will stay that way, but right now and certainly for awhile its been the case. Besides wrestling is a funny old world, you never fully burn a bridge if the promotion feel you may have something to offer them.

They might be clean now but they were absolute wrecks for a while. Matt completly fell off the rails. Besides the Hardys are past their use by date. Their cool when you're 10 years old and are just getting into wrestling but once you grow up they tend to lose their appeal as barely talented, junkies that confirm that somethings wrong with wrestlers from North Carolina.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
They might be clean now but they were absolute wrecks for a while. Matt completly fell off the rails. Besides the Hardys are past their use by date. Their cool when you're 10 years old and are just getting into wrestling but once you grow up they tend to lose their appeal as barely talented, junkies that confirm that somethings wrong with wrestlers from North Carolina.

But I don't think WWE will see it that way, at least not in the case of Jeff. It was only a few years ago he was one of their top draws and consistantly in good matches. As long as he stays clean, is in shape and the two sides can work out a deal i still think WWE will find a use for him.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
No doubt Jeff can still get back in the WWE. For reasons I cant fathom a spot monkey who wears his sisters clothes and shows up to PPVs of his head is beloved in the wrestling world. People love Jeff, other than the car wreck waiting to happen aspect I have no idea why.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Jeff plays the underdog well. He is a smaller guy that uses his flashy, high flying moveset to get him on an even par with bigger opponents. It is easy to get fans behind a character like that because fans want to believe that anyone can be champion. He was fine in WWE when he was clean and had a babysitter but even if that was in place again it is too big a risk as it is a public relations nightmare just waiting to happen.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Another way to look at it is he's a both a great cash cow and sacrificial lamb. They can milk him for money which he can draw better than anyone not named Cena, and if he screwed up they can prove how legit their policy and image is by axing him in the public eye

Weez

Reaction score
God, I hate Smarks.

Not the site, Just smarks in general. Seriously, how many of you that are saying 'OHMAGERD! NO HARDYS! DRUGS BAD!" are clamoring for a Benoit HOF induction?

Don't even pretend a few of you aren't in the middle of that Venn Diagram.

Jeff showed up to a TNA PPV stoned out of his mind. Who cares? It's a TNA PPV, which means It never happened, outside of the 7000 people that ordered it. Wait? It wasn't BFG? Make that 5k. (LOLTNA)

Okay, okay, I'm not trying to troll. The Hardys screwed up in 2009 or whenever it was. If Bret coming back didn't give you the 411, Vince will do business with anyone that will bring him more money. Period. The Hardys are an instant multimillion dollar merch addition to the bottom line. Period. With the WWE Network launching, spending all of that money getting it going, these are things that will make Vince smile. Pass a piss test and get in that ring.

With the WWE actually somewhat building the Tag team division again in the last few months, bringing in solid, recognizable teams like the Hardys, WGTT, Hell, the Dudleys, actually gives credibility to the division, puts asses in seat and sells merch. That's the definition of "Doing Business."

Matt can get his ass back on the blue brand, help out the upper midcarders get over, like he was doing before he left, and plug in when someone gets hurt up top, or EC time comes, be a big name for This Sunday's PPV at that. Jeff can play Jobber to the stars on Raw, and they can team and have a few transitional tag champ runs. What's so difficult about that?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I respect the talent Benoit had. I don't respect the lack of talent the Hardys have. It's that simple man.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm just not for WWE bringing in people who won't affect the overall product very well. If Matt isn't still bonkers, he would make a very solid agent, but do I want to see the Hardy's in a WWE ring? No.

If the WWE is in the rebuilding process, why fuck that up with people who won't bring them the publicity like Brock or Rock would do? They could put over the whole roster and it wouldn't matter, the Hardy's in 2012/13 are not the Hardy's of 2010. Casual fans don't even know about their blowouts in TNA or anywhere else, so that whole Fatt Matt Hardy/Drugz Hardy shit doesn't matter, but the WWE schedule would kill them.

Oh and I don't like either one of them. Just a personal note.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
TNA has released a 9 track EP from Jeff Hardy titled "similar Creatures" on their shop website. All 9 songs are original tracks from Hardy, including his current theme song.

If I were Jeff and serious about my music this would convince me to stay. This combined with the fact that he'll likely never be champ in WWE again. Of course Jeff's not serious about anything so who knows.

p.s.
poor christian.

Weez

Reaction score
Besides Benoit's addiction never effected his work or commitment to the company.

I'd say his DOUBLE MURDER/SUICIDE affected the company more than Jeff doing some meth and Matt being addicting to Cuervo and cheeseburgers. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to hijack the thread here, and will leave it be after this but, damn. Damn, damn, damn. Seriously, listen to yourselves.

Reactions: 1 person

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'd say his DOUBLE MURDER/SUICIDE affected the company more than Jeff doing some meth and Matt being addicting to Cuervo and cheeseburgers. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to hijack the thread here, and will leave it be after this but, damn. Damn, damn, damn. Seriously, listen to yourselves.

People who won't accept the fact that Benoit's last actions will overshadow his entire career for good reason, can't be reasoned with.

Reactions: 1 person