Matt Hardy: Hardy Boys Reunion "Very Likely" In WWE Next Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Yah he was high as fuck, but he did make Punk. He didn't have to stay his contract was over and he chose to put Punk over on the way out. He had a point, could have expressed it better, but had a point

No he has no point. His point is that CM Punk would be nothing without him, simply because Hardy is the one he went through to get his first title?

Bullshit. If it wasn't Hardy, it would be someone else. Punk was bound for the main event one way or the other. Hardy happened to be there with his charity case title run, and the straight edge society vs druggie eclectic special individual feud was easy to book at the time. It was plug and play.

Jeff Hardy is a waste of time. His brother even more so

Hardys vs Hell No at Mania would be huge for the Divison

No, but Matt Hardy would surely be huge. Very huge. He's pretty huge if you've seen him lately.

I love also when the past-their-prime wrestlers with long hair continue to keep the long hair even though it's so obviously thinning out.

Only dude who could pull it off is HBK, because he happens to be the greatest ever in the ring.

Last edited by a moderator:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Don't think it would have worked as good with someone else. That is when Punk first started using his straight edge gimmick as a heel and what better person to use that on than a guy who is known for doing drugs? Don't think you can say Punk wouldn't have made it anyway but no matter how much you dislike Jeff that feud did wonders for Punk and was the perfect way to bring in Punk's heel character.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
As much as I want to say I'd hate a Hardys reunion, the young fan in me knows I'd probably at least mark out a little and struggle to hate one last run in the tag division.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Brings back memories of the first time they reunited again in wwe

[video=youtube;roG23NnXbYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roG23NnXbYE[/video]

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't see this happening at all. Both of them have had so many legal and drug issues since they "left" WWE so I doubt WWE would want all that hassle again. Jeff has a better chance of getting back just because WWE know that they can make plenty of money out of him but since he walks in with two strikes already it would be hard. I don't know why WWE would bother even if they need stars there is no need to go back to these two guys. The only time I see them back is when the go into the HOF, which you know they will as a tag team eventually.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
If WWE brought back Kevin Nash in 2011 then you would think that they would be open to this idea if both Hardy's proved to still be clean and ready to work. As a short term thing which was not pushed in a main event position I wouldn't mind it, but I don't see it happening.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
How is the Nash case similar? Both Hardys have been in serious trouble with the law and have massive drug problems. Pretty sure that Nash never had any issue with that and he was always on good terms with WWE because of his friendship with HHH.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I accept that he never had the drug issues, but he is well past his sell by date and is known as a lazy worker who hasn't been over for years. The Hardys (who by the way have been clean for awhile now, get over it people) would be less of a gamble.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't deny that the Hardys would be in better shape but they carry so much baggage with them that I don't think WWE should take a risk on them. Nash only carried a small risk that he would pull his hammy signing his contract but other than that WWE knew that he would do exactly what they wanted. Plus they only brought him back because of how popular he was at the Rumble as Diesel.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Wait a minute, hold on are we seriously comparing Kevin Nash to Hardy Boyz? You want a reason why Nash was brought in for his run in 2011 is simply because of who's now a big part of running the company. His best buddy is running it now in Triple H and that instantly gets him a job. Plus you may not like him, but Kevin Nash is likable guy outside the ring. Many good reviews of Nash was outside the ring, even though his run 2011 was a major flop.

I think Matt has burned bridges with the WWE for his actions. He's acted like a major prick and I don't think he can come back from it. Jeff would be someone they would bring back in an instant but Matt just can't see it. Never say never in wrestling as they say, but Matt has done so much damage. They want a clean environment, thats why you don't see guys with records like Kurt Angle coming back. You would think Angle would be back by now, but no he's an absolute mess along with being old. Jeff is still somewhat in his prime and has a few good years left.

Psych- No doubt Hardy helped Punk big time in his first major feud, but how did he make Punk into a major superstar? Other than Undertaker, when did he ever get a big title match doing the Straight Edge Society stuff. As much as I loved the SES and still wish it got a better chance because it was so good, Punk was upper mid card at best with that. Punk became a superstar based on himself in Summer of 2011.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I accept that he never had the drug issues, but he is well past his sell by date and is known as a lazy worker who hasn't been over for years. The Hardys (who by the way have been clean for awhile now, get over it people) would be less of a gamble.

Not over for a decade?

Listen to the reaction when he came back as Diesel at the Rumble...

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not over for a decade?

Listen to the reaction when he came back as Diesel at the Rumble...

But that was a one off reaction based on fans from 90s who remember his run as Diesel, did he sustain that popuarity when brought back later in the year? No and he offered very little in his feuds with Punk and HHH.

I'm not the biggest Hardys fan, but they have been clean for awhile now, were very over in their day and as long as it was as team and they didn't over shadow younger talent would a short term comeback be that bad?

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I think both had their chances and they were both should not be signed again there's just too much of a a risk.

WWE have pushed both men very well Matt winning the ECW title and Jeff the WWE title and Matt was still a whiny little bitch and Jeff I stil can't forgive for coming out Stoned at a TNA PPV for all to see and it was so obvious as well and even before that he was looking wreckless he was putting the other stars at risk just by being in the ring with him.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well, Matt Hardy is a pathologically liar who trolls the internet because he has nothing better to do.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
^besides get arrested numerous times in the same month.

The Hardyz have respect, humility and discipline issues. Why reward them when we can devote that push to someone deserving who cares about the fans?