• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marine 3: The Homefront News and Rumors

Troy

Where was the intial report from that "confirmed" it was John Cena?

Miz should be alright in the role and it means that they can start fresh again with another character rather than revamping a previously used one. We should see Miz getting a bit more of a push when this is due to be released so that they can get some buzz from it.

Rated R Superstar

I'd probably buy it, I enjoyed the first and second one. I just love shoot em' up movies, and Cena was actually good in the first one.

JMobile

Came in expecting this guy
65ece6d7161a3b73492524e81aab96fd.wix_mp

Left confused....

In all seriousness, I would like to see Cody Rhodes.

Heisenberg

Who McMahon Wouldn't Allow In The Marine 3 Prior To The Miz
Monday, news broke that The Miz would be the lead in WWE's "The Marine 3." The announcement got leaked yesterday which forced WWE to put out a press release. They originally weren't going to annouce it for several weeks.

According to PWInsider.com, CM Punk was going to be the lead in the film but Vince McMahon wouldn't allow that as he felt CM Punk is too valuable to take off the road to film. The filming will begin June 11th in Vancouver and will take 20 days.

Randy Orton was originally set to star in the film but his questionable military background caused WWE to pull him from the role. McMahon nixed the idea of CM Punk because of his status on WWE programming which now brings us to The Miz.

I wonder if Vince was scared that Punk might be approached by other offers if he was to star in it. Doubt it and I don't think Punk would ever leave the wrestling business. Anyway, it's a good idea not to pull him away from WWE as he's very, very valuable to them.

Dale

Super Moderator
Yeah, all the big movie companies would come in for Punk after starring in the blockbuster The Marine :lmao

AZUCAR!

And i'm sure Punk's mentioned before he has no interest in starring in The Marine, should WWE ever make another one

Rated R Superstar

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Chris Jericho in that role. I can't really think of many people, Orton would be a great choice, considering how intense he looks in the ring, would work perfectly.

Troy

The reasoning from WWE to pull Punk from the project is very smart. Punk is more useful to them on WWE tv every week and it would be a waste of money sending him off to do the movie. The Miz hasn't been going anywhere on tv so they can lose him for a month to film it and then bring him back and push him for it's release.

Troy

Either that or as some kind of junkie. I know that he is straight edge but he looks like a junkie and would be believable in that role.