Marine 3: The Homefront News and Rumors

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
WWE Studios and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment have come to terms on a new deal that will produce three new straight to DVD projects, according to Deadline.com. The Marine 3 will be one of those movies.

John Cena is confirmed to be reprising his role of John Triton in The Marine Homefront. The first Marine movie from 2006 featuring Cena was WWE studios most successful project generating over $18 million in revenue.

“WWE Studios will continue to expand its film offerings to appeal to a wide range of movie fans in 2012 and 2013,â€￾ said WWE Studios President, Michael Luisi. “We look forward to building upon our relationship with 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment to present movies that bring action, adventure and humor to audiences all over the globe.â€￾

No further details on the other two movies has been released, however expect WWE Champion CM Punk to star in one.

PY.

Reaction score
Really don't care for another Marine movie.. See No Evil II please.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
No interest in this movie and Cena sucked in the first one.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Not sure how they're calling it confirmed as nobody has issued an official press release.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Makes sense to go back to John Cena again if this is indeed a true report. The movie needs a bit of star power and Cena is as big as it gets in WWE.

I agree that they should do a See No Evil sequel, it was easily their most successful movie when you take into account DVD revenue so I don't understand why they haven't done another. Kane is nearly done in the ring so once he is done get him to star in the sequel.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Makes sense to go back to John Cena again if this is indeed a true report. The movie needs a bit of star power and Cena is as big as it gets in WWE.

I agree that they should do a See No Evil sequel, it was easily their most successful movie when you take into account DVD revenue so I don't understand why they haven't done another. Kane is nearly done in the ring so once he is done get him to star in the sequel.

Perhaps their afraid it would cut into merchandise sales. That Kane is defiantly not kid friendly so parents could not want to buy anything related to him a thought.

Cena would make sense but for god's sake get some decent supporting actors in these movies. Best one they've done was the one with Orton as the dad and well that really had as little tie in to wwe as possible and was to Warm Hearted to make any money.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But the previous film with Kane sold a lot. It wouldn't appeal to kids but to an older market like all horror films. I just don't know why they haven't gone in a darker direction with some more films considering it would overlap with their fan base. They regularly say that their films can go from PG to R but they don't push the boundary that often.

I agree it would be good to get some quality supporting actors but it all costs money and WWE are hesistant to spend a lot on their films since they haven't made them money lately.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Think Troy inadvertently closed this.

I think the deal they made with Wal Mart hurt them a bit too Straight to DVD are cheaper to make and make a larger gross. But if you don't take the bigger risk you never get the chance at that blockbuster gold.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah the Walmart deal was a really bad idea in retrospect. Yes it costs quite a bit to advertise for a theatrical release but WWE reach something like 10 million plus people each week in the US alone so they get a lot of free advertising by simply promoting it on their programs like they did with the early movies. I also think that they should have released more of their movies overseas to tap into the huge foreign WWE markets.

If they do decide to go ahead with straight to DVD release for the Marine 3 they should aim to do a worldwide release at the same time so that when it is plugged on WWE tv it is available to buy worldwide rather than just in Walmart in the US.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Let's just hope it takes a few months to film that movie.

Andy

Reaction score
Miz to star in Marine 3

Wrestlezone said:
The Miz To Star In WWE Studios' "The Marine 3: Homefront"
by Matt BooneApril 30, 2012

WWE Studios new film project, "The Marine 3: Homefront" will star The Miz in the lead role.

Originally, Randy Orton was slated to be the lead in the picture, but due to his questionable military background, he was pulled from the project.

"The Marine 3: Homefront" will tell the story of a Marine who is trying to rescue his kidnapped daughter from a terrorist. The project will be shot in June for multiple weeks in Vancouver, B.C., Canada.

The original Marine starred John Cena, while the sequel featured Ted DiBiase Jr.

LOL, this is going to be a trainwreck. And I thought Cena had just been given this role?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Renamed merged this one with the Miz news. As I stated previously WWE has announced nothing officially and I don't think we need a new thread for each rumored superstar to be in this film.

Miz would actually make a bit more sense to me. He's not as buff as Cena. They save time and money by not having to re-write it for John Triton. It gives The Miz something to do during this lul until the heavyweight and midcard divisions settle again. Not to mention he's already great on the talk circut

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I think it will be awkward with The Miz being in it, but anything is better than Cena (not being a troll). This is from an acting stand point, not wrestling stand point. Cena has done movies and he's had the spotlight before so why not let someone else. I can picture someone getting shot and Miz saying really seven times before fighting back.