• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThunderBolt

Reaction score
The New Age of WWE?

Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a dawning of a new generation of WWE stars. all these rookies are moving up and there are less sightings of the clasics. Even Ric Flair looks like he's passing the torch to carlito.

Great One

That's been happening since WM 21 (2005), you just noticed?

Axis

Less sightings of classics? Did you not watch Survivor Series with a team full of WWE legends. Or did you miss out on the whole Flair/Piper tag team title run? How about Duggan showing up every other week to job out. I'm not sure what WWE you've been watching, but I don't see much of a difference.

Reaction score
actually, i dnt think hes talkign about seeing them on the show. but the younger guys r dominating the title scene. there are almost no veteran champions. ric flair said recently been talkign about retirement, so that'll be yet another classic guy, gone.

Wrestling Station

This is life, starting from Bruno Sammartino, then Steve Ausin, Now John Cena and so on the title will keep on exchanging hands with time running.

Reaction score
i know, but there are stil veterans in the business that could have the title, bruno samartino and austin are retired, so obviously once someone retires they cnt be champion. i knwo that time eliminates the odler ppl, btu while they're still around, they're not doing anything.

MJ807

Reaction score
Yes they youn guys are dominating the title xscene but have you looked at the title matches at Mania Cena vs HBK and Batista vs Taker. The young guys are dominating but they haven't taken over the title scene.

the dark knight

new talent = TRASH . who do we have ?
cena : pretentious cocksucker
orton : has talent but never like anyone of the olddies
carlito : trash + not cool
masters : good in ring talent but lacks charisma
who else ? plz refresh my memory

oh i 4got . in my opinion the only worth being a legend in the future is the mighty jeff hardy .

CenaMark54

new talent = TRASH . who do we have ?
cena : pretentious cocksucker
orton : has talent but never like anyone of the olddies
carlito : trash + not cool
masters : good in ring talent but lacks charisma
who else ? plz refresh my memory

oh i 4got . in my opinion the only worth being a legend in the future is the mighty jeff hardy .

If you think Master's is good in the ring, god help you.

Jeff Hardy, a legend? Not even close now or ever.

How is John Cena pretentious?

I'm really optimistic about the furure. Cena and Orton are established stars in their twenties. Lashley is still bad, but getting better. Kenny Dykstra is skilled beyond his years. Hopefully Paul Burchill will come back and catch on with a less ridiculous gimmick. Carlito is starting to get his edge back. CM Punk is a star on the rise.

I honestly can't think of the last time the WWE had this many young stars with tremendous upside. Plus, imagine if Lesnar decided to return?

Reaction score
If you think Master's is good in the ring, god help you.

Jeff Hardy, a legend? Not even close now or ever.

How is John Cena pretentious?

Plus, imagine if Lesnar decided to return?

hahaha you disagree that cena's pretentious, yet you say nothing about him being a cocksucker. lol. if lesnar decided to return he wouldn't get as big of a push as before, because he left after the E did just that, push him beyond belief. Hardy will be a legend, just much later. the guys you named are all good, but not cena, he may be established, but he needs to improve if he is goign to be a legend. granted: he will be because he is a multy time heavyweight champion, but he doesn;t deserve it. i will agree, masters isn't good in the ring by any means... he's just jacked THANKS TO STEROIDS

phantomgerald

well carlito and benjamin are good wrestlers with charisma IMO, kenny is just 20 and have alot of time to prove himself, so the futures bright

Montana

That's been happening since WM 21 (2005), you just noticed?

You damn right. Actually 20 if you want to be technical cause Cena beat Big show. Orton Batista beat Rock Foley.

I say its about Time, and i think the wwe has a good enough crop of talent to make it in the future

Cena
Lashley
Kennedy
Edge
Orton
Carlito
CM Punk
Nitro
The Hardys
MVP
Elijah Burke

Plus you figure the WWE brings in about 2 new stars every year and lose about 2 stars. I think it all evens out.

The only bad thing is most all of the attitude era stars left (Austin, Rock, Foley, Brock, Eddie, Jericho, Goldberg, Big Show ) That was within a 3-4 year span. So they really didnt put the young guys over too much. Which is why they pushed Cena and Batista so hard to Put the next crop on their level.

we still got (HHH, Kane, Booker, but they wont last too much longer)

Reaction score
LOL! Yes the torch was definitely passed officially at WM21 to Cena and Batista as the two headliners of the new generation. Still Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Michaels, Rob Van Dam, Kane, Triple H, Booker T probably still have 3 years left in them. (maybe a little less for Kane and Taker). Still after that and Batista (who's something like 41 or 42 now), WWE has a roster full of 20 somethings and barely 30s. Edge, Randy Orton, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Jeff Hardy, Umaga (yes I said Umaga), Matt Hardy, John Cena, Carlito, Kenny Dykstra, CM Punk, Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, Kevin Thorn, Matt Striker (The guys has excellent mic skills and heel charisma), Bobby Lashley, Rey Mysterio, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Gregory Helms, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Rene Dupree, Sylvan Grenier, Johnny Nitro, Joey Mercury, Chris Masters..........That's pretty much a full roster of future Main Eventers and mid card guys in the next 5-10 years. Don't be worried about WWE's up and coming talent. You have to build guys up. It's not good to push guys too quickly (i.e.-Batista and Cena) But WWE and Vince didn't really have a choice with losing so many superstars in the past two or three years as Montana stated. If anything WWE has definitely positioned themselves to stay the number one sports entertainment brand for quite sometime. I always hear about this new young talent rising in TNA. Where? Oh that's right, they're being buried by Jeff Jarret, Sting, Scott Steiner, Kurt Angle, Abyss, and Samoa Joe. And most of those guys are going to be around for awhile longer probably. It's a shame, cause guys like Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Christian, Homicide, Petey Williams, Bobby Roode, and Alex Shelley are what it's going to take to push TNA over the top. But they'll forever be buried next to the aforementioned group. Shame.

In about 5 years Undertaker, Kane, Booker T, HBK, Triple H, Benoit, and Batista will probably all be gone from WWE. That means guys like Edge, Orton, Cena, Umaga, Cor Von, Carlito, MVP, Kennedy, Lashley, Burke, Nitro, Punk, and Dykstra can step up to Main Event level rather quickly, but still have time to develop fully. Edge is already there, as is Cena obviously. Orton has already been there, and it won't take much for him to get back. Umaga will be there most likely, and I can't say that I mind it. Monster heels always work. Cor Von has some serious potential. Someone in another thread said he could be the next Rock. Look.....there will never be anyone in the same stratosphere as The Rock again, but I see where you're going with that statement. He can be big, not that big, but big. Carlito will be a star. He has decent charisma, he's got the in ring ability, and he's comedic. MVP has improved a lot and I think he'll continue to climb his way up the ladder. Kennedy is already on the brink and he hasn't even been around two years yet. Lashley like Cena is already a World Champion. He can only get better in the ring and on the mic.....which is scary, cause I don't know how he could get pushed even harder. Burke and Dykstra are special. Both so talented beyond their years. If they keep working hard they'll both be two of the top stars in the business 10 years from now. Nitro is another one that I really see going places. The guy is great in the ring. He's getting better on the stick as well. I honestly see him taking a similar path as HBK. He fits the role to a tee. So there you have it. WWE has at least 10 guys to bank on over the next decade as top draws. So no, the future is not in trouble, the future is actually very very bright for WWE.

Great One

I disagree at one point with you guys and that is I don't think the old, passionate professional wrestlers will be around as short as you think, such as Triple H, Booker T, HBK, Benoit. They still have long days ahead of them, IMO, and will continue to wrestle for many reasons. The others will probably, yes, completely retire with the exception of maybe The Undertaker, and you could throw Finlay in there too.

Reaction score
Well Booker T is pushing 50, and his back problems can only get worse. Benoit is 40, and without a proper push again, I can't see him hanging around all that long. Triple H is 37 and has stated several times he doesn't want to wrestle into his mid 40s. HBK is 42 this year and signed a 5 year contract with WWE, but most inside the organization feel as though he'll wrestle full time 2-3 of that and take a smaller role for the last 2 years. So that's why I feel that in 5-10 years those names will all be gone from WWE.