(Major Spoilers) CM Punk's Future Title Feuds

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aniking

Reaction score
I guess the Supershow has it's advantages with the fact that once Punk has finished feuding with someone, he moves on to the next guy. Although some of his feuds last 2-3 pay-per-views, we haven't seen him have two feuds with the same guy during his reign. Problem is the WWE have got to the point where there isn't a clear next contender, instead one is plucked from left field like Daniel Bryan and possibly Cody Rhodes if this spoiler is true.

Daniel Bryan had just lost his title, then all of a sudden wins a Beat the Clock challenge and is straight away in the mix for the WWE Championship. Then you have Cody Rhodes, whose momentum died when Big Show won the Intercontinental Championship. Yeah he managed to get the title back, but he has already lost it to Christian and really isn't on the right track.

If this Punk/Rhdoes feud is to happen, it's highly likely Rhodes will be coming off the back of an unsuccessful attempt to get back the Intercontinental Championship. People forget what happened 6 or so months ago, but not the previous feuds. It'd be tough tot ake Rhodes seriously is all I'm saying.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
After Danielson, it'll be Big Show.

Cody is nowhere near this level.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Cody Rhodes isn't ready for a WWE title shot and definately not around this time we have Summerslam and Hell in a Cell coming up which are not the right times to have a new contender in there.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Rhodes vs Punk would be a great feud for Cody, without Punk having the title, if you get what I mean. If this feud happened it would actually help Rhodes to main event level in my opinion.

Rhodes is more likely to win Smackdown MITB and win the WHC though, as I do think he's at that level.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
After Danielson, it'll be Big Show.

Cody is nowhere near this level.

Big Show? Ehh, I'd rather not. At least not right after revisiting his fued with Cena.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I don't like it either, but I doubt they would of turned him heel just for one short program with Cena.

It'll probs be for MITB as a stop gap feud till Lesnar returns.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Show's getting the title shot at Survivor Series

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Lesnar and Rock should be back by then, so Big Show will be jobbing to Brodus.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Give us this feud when Punk has lost the title, heck if WWE want to be smart have Rhodes cost Punk the title, and base the feud around Rhodes jealousy of Punk's succcess.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Show Punk brings me back awful memories of the death of the SES. Those were sad days in the world of wrestling which made me stop watching for few months or watching and not really caring. Also that Nexus angle blew up horribly.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I don't even buy into the report anyway. Cody Rhodes? Good for him if its true, but he hasn't exactly been booked like a contender lately.
Got to admit he hasn't been booked worse than Bryan was until the cage match with Henry, where he was destroyed

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Big Show should put over Punk at least in a couple matches after that burial Punk and the SES got when they feuded with Show on SD!.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Got to admit he hasn't been booked worse than Bryan was until the cage match with Henry, where he was destroyed

Yeah Bryan has been booked poorly this year as has everyone on Smackdown, but at least he has the inescapable uproar from the fans going for him. Its a weird situation where Bryan is in the title scene and the majority of the IWC love it, yet for once it doesn't really matter that there's no reason Bryan is actually in the slot he's in.