(Major Spoilers) CM Punk's Future Title Feuds

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andy

Reaction score
Wrestlezone.com said:
CM Punk's Future Title Feuds
by
Nick Paglino
May 23, 2012

CM Punk's Future Title Feuds

As seen at Over The Limit, CM Punk narrowly defeated Daniel Bryan, and then attacked him again on Raw the next night, continuing the feud between the two superstars. PWInsider.com is reporting that the current program between Punk and Bryan is expected to continue through the No Way Out PPV, at which point a new contender is expected for Punk.

As of now, Cody Rhodes is being considered for a title feud with CM Punk following the conclusion of Punk's feud with Daniel Bryan.

Obviously this is not set in stone, but it's pretty fucking sad when PWInsider has to blatantly spoil PPV outcomes like they do.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
if you don't like spoilers don't go on a website that post spoilers.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Why would you go on a site, click on a link to spoil his opponents for you, and then copy and paste the news in a thread on a forum so you can bitch? Are you a sadist?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
:lol: Yeah doesn't exactly make sense and they didn't really post anything that ground breaking anyways just made an obvious assumption about Punk/Bryan that it didn't take a rocket scientist to think of. The Cody part is totally random and all signs point to him still wanting the I.C title considering they will never let a ex-champion go without a rematch for his title.

Andy

Reaction score
Why would you go on a site, click on a link to spoil his opponents for you, and then copy and paste the news in a thread on a forum so you can bitch? Are you a sadist?

LOL, I fucking love spoilers. I'm just saying that it's sad that they would let that information out before the PPV. Anyway, I'd love for the Punk/Bryan feud to continue until at least Summerslam. Like PHX, it doesn't make any sense for someone who's feuding with Christian right now to move on to Punk out of nowhere.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Dirt sheets don't know whats happening, its just guesswork.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly, what the fuck? Instead of bitching why not discuss your thoughts on this news?

I'm not surprised about them still being worried about Punk as a Champion, I'm sure as hell they know he's doing a good job, but they will always worry because Cena has been the main guy for such a long time and it's someone knew being exposed at a top main event level with the title for the first time in years.

As for the Rhodes vs Punk feud that would be great, and really help develop Cody in to a top star.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't even buy into the report anyway. Cody Rhodes? Good for him if its true, but he hasn't exactly been booked like a contender lately.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I also don't see why him and Punk

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Because Cody is some Vanilla midget who's not even in the same wight class of Sheamus 8D. Just Kidding Cody Marks, the only reason i can think of Punk is because punk is running out of opponents on Raw. Plus who else is gonna help Cody progress along into the main event more then Punk.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Cody/Punk could still put on some good shit though, he'd just seem really akward being lumped into a title match right now.

I'm certain Cody could pull his own weight in the promos but god damn he needs a gimmick, his Dashing/Grotesque gimmicks were amazing work and I haven't enjoyed him since. Now he's just kinda generic heel with no hook to him.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I swear you all enjoy jumping on someone for making just a simple statement like that, grow up. Damn.

As for this tidbit of "news" or rumor. It would be interesting to say the least, but I personally think that Cody should go for the WHC before the WWE title.

DashX

Reaction score
I actually really want to see Cody Rhodes vs. CM Punk, that sounds like that would be a great match. It should get Rhodes out of the mid card scene forever and hopefully a WWE or World title soon.

AvalonX

Reaction score
I'm more concerned that they just cant seem to build long lasting feuds anymore.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Never would have predicted Cody Rhodes as the next in line for a WWE title shot. I would have thought that Lord Tensai and Kane would have made more sense since there are two of the top heels on RAW and haven't feuded with Punk yet. I would have expected Ziggler to get a WWE title shot before Rhodes gets one. If they are going to go through with Rhodes then he needs a big boost in the next month or two to get him closer to that level.