"Macho Man" Randy Savage Dies in Car Accident at 58

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The worst thing is he clearly went too early. I would imagine if he were a passenger or just at home, he may have had a chance to live, but they're unsure if the heart attack or accident or just a combination was the cause of death.

But that's neither here nor there... horrible day for the wrestling world to lose such an amazing performer.

nation

Reaction score
You inspired me more than this world will ever know. Enjoy.

You were a tower of power that was too sweet to be sour,
You were funky like a monkey every minute of every hour.
For you, space was the place and time distortion had to be,
And your fans here on earth wanted the madness for eternity.
You met every challenge with fists clinched and face to face,
You even fought and defeats dragons and snakes.
Flying off the ropes with an elbow drop,
There was no way you could ever be stopped.
Identifiable by your voice alone,
Even being Dubbed the macho king while you sat on your throne.
We hung on your words with interviews memorable and classic,
And we knew it was serious when you took off your glasses.
I promise not to lose you in the sands of time,
For you will always be that all time hero of mine.
–jay lethal–

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I couldn't help but dig in my garage and find my "Be a Man" CD. Been bumpin' it all day.

seX-Power

Reaction score
58 isn't that young, it was probably his time.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yeah, probably his time...after 15+ years of 'roids/drugs maybe. D: They say that stuff takes a toll on your heart. ...At least Perfect has some more company now. : (

This plain sucks and I was quite surprised to hear this news. His matches and promos are comparable to anybody in the WWE today, even after all these years. Even in his WCW days he was one of the few guys who actually tried to have good performances, including being a vital part of turning DDP into a star for the company. WWF great moments include his matches with Steamboat, as well as Hogan, WM4, and getting Ultimate Warrior to his best match. Not a bad rapper either. ;D

Rest in Peace, Macho Man.

Airfixx

Reaction score
R.I.P. Mach'.... My favourite wrestler ever. I'll cherish the memories.

nation

Reaction score
[YT]4wmvpNIMK3c[/YT]
[YT]74NjMY5bsnc[/YT]
[YT]xHcbIE2GZQo&feature=related[/YT]

);

Glad to see DDP is thankful for Mach putting him on the map and Warrior is thankful for his best match of his career. Pure emotion and class from both guys. Mach was pure class. Putting over so many guys while still and always being one of the top stars regardless. Hardly many guys are/were as willing as Savage was to create new stars. It would be nice if Hogan, Cena, Trips, HHH, etc were as involved in creating new stars and putting guys over. Being so involved in helping other guys out is one of the biggest reasons why Randy is one of the greatest and separates himself from most of the big guys.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Rest in Peace?

Rage in Madness!!

Oooooo yeeah brother, dig it?

Cool couple'a vids there. I knew DDP was fond of Savage and considered him a huge inspiration, I'm sure that fondness is very well shared among anyone who ever worked with the guy.

Warrior's words were touching. Even in a lot of his post-wrestling vids, he's pretty much the lunatic cutting promos with facepaint. This was incredible to see and listen to. It's amazing how his peers, even guys who came before him, really looked up to him. Speaks volumes to how incredible an individual he was.

nation

Reaction score
DDP is very fond of him as he should be. DDP was already over and blowing up but Randy cemented him as a top star. So incredible to hear that Mach was big on Page and just put him over without questions.

It was a very touching tribute from Warrior, never heard him sound like that before. You can clearly tell he respected Savage and appreciated all he did for him. I haven't heard anyone say something bad about Randy Savage.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily