• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lyoto Machida turns down fight; Jon Jones vs. Vitor Belfort at UFC 152

PHX

Legacy Member
:lol: this is such a mess. Dana might go mental if this fight has to change somehow.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Why the fuck did Machida turn down the fight? He could've leveraged the company for a bigger payday or atleast some brownie points in case he goes on a losing skid.

Vitor is doing the company a solid and if he doesn't get hurt, will have a guaranteed spot in the HOF.

Boy this shit cray.

PHX

Legacy Member
Assumed he turned it down the same reason Jones turned down Chael but really screws himself out of his title shot since now he has to earn it all over again apparently. Just fucked up all around.

Slim

Machida shouldn't have to earn it all over again. I mean he did earn the fight and it was to be sometime down the road since it was supposed to be Jones/Henderson here and then months down would be Machida vs. winner.

But yeah Machida backing out wasn't cool. But Vitor is one of those that will fight anybody as well and so... hopefully no more hand breaking and no more injuries otherwise Dana is probably gonna fire somebody.

But will Dana say anything about Machida backing out of the fight? I highly doubt it.

Last edited:

Dademo

It's not that I want to see Jon Jones lose, more than Belfort win. And I'm a Belfort hater/JJ fan. I just want Vitor to win something legit I guess.

The Cork

Banned
Machida shouldn't have to earn it all over again. I mean he did earn the fight and it was to be sometime down the road since it was supposed to be Jones/Henderson here and then months down would be Machida vs. winner.

But yeah Machida backing out wasn't cool. But Vitor is one of those that will fight anybody as well and so... hopefully no more hand breaking and no more injuries otherwise Dana is probably gonna fire somebody.

But will Dana say anything about Machida backing out of the fight? I highly doubt it.

Machida should have to earn his shot again because-

1/ he didn't deserve a rematch anyway.
2/ he only got the rematch on count of him "wanting it more than Shogun"......doesn't sound like he wants it that badly to me.

Dale

Super Moderator
Yeah he did, basically...

Hendo pulled out
Jones turned down Sonnen
Shogun turned down Jones
Machida turned down Jones
Belfort agreed to fight Jones, no idea if Jones has actually accepted but I guess he must have.