Lyoto Machida turns down fight; Jon Jones vs. Vitor Belfort at UFC 152

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It's gonna be hilarious when Jones goes down a week before the fight with a mystery injury and uncle Dana strips him of the belt :dana:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Machida should have to earn his shot again because-

1/ he didn't deserve a rematch anyway.
2/ he only got the rematch on count of him "wanting it more than Shogun"......doesn't sound like he wants it that badly to me.

The fight was pretty much a "number one contender's fight" and he won it. He was due to fight the winner of Jones/Hendo which would probably have landed in December so doubt he was really in fight shape or ready to fight Jones this soon.

He earned the title fight so he should get it. I mean look at Condit... he won his one fight against Nick Diaz and hasn't fought a single fight since then and that was back in February and he still getting a title fight.

Just Machida should still have to wait but he was technically next in line so he shouldn't have to earn it one more time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The fight was pretty much a "number one contender's fight" and he won it. He was due to fight the winner of Jones/Hendo which would probably have landed in December so doubt he was really in fight shape or ready to fight Jones this soon.

He earned the title fight so he should get it. I mean look at Condit... he won his one fight against Nick Diaz and hasn't fought a single fight since then and that was back in February and he still getting a title fight.

Just Machida should still have to wait but he was technically next in line so he shouldn't have to earn it one more time.

What does the term interim mean in Condits case?

Anywho Machida earned his shot, lost it now by telling the boss no and now Vitor has it without fighting a LHW fight in how long. Why no Anderson? Oh yeah, would be a shit marketing theme to announce the biggest superfight that"ll happen nextweek.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Crazy week for the division, surprised that three fighters turned down fights. Good on Belfort for accepting the fight and I hope that he does well. I can't see him winning but I want him to put in a solid performance rather than getting finished really early. At least Belfort will know that he is in Dana's good books after doing this.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
What does the term interim mean in Condits case?

Anywho Machida earned his shot, lost it now by telling the boss no and now Vitor has it without fighting a LHW fight in how long. Why no Anderson? Oh yeah, would be a shit marketing theme to announce the biggest superfight that"ll happen nextweek.

Why would he lose it? Its like sayin... hey you fought hard and earned your shot but cause Henderson got injured and Jones don't wanna fight Sonnen we're making you cash in on your title fight to a week away. Enjoy.

Its not right.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why would he lose it? Its like sayin... hey you fought hard and earned your shot but cause Henderson got injured and Jones don't wanna fight Sonnen we're making you cash in on your title fight to a week away. Enjoy.

Its not right.
Whats right? It's the fight game, and it's still the promoters prerogative to get a fight. Cancelling a PPV is a nail in a coffin.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Whats right? It's the fight game, and it's still the promoters prerogative to get a fight. Cancelling a PPV is a nail in a coffin.

yeah that's true. but... I dunno. Just seems unfair that because of circumstances beyond his control he would have to get himself ready in 8 days for a title fight and by not taking it he would lose the shot he earned.