Lord Tensai

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ashez

Reaction score
The name is what keeps setting me off... I hope WWE makes it work, and doesnt embarrass the poor guy.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I've heard that his work in Japan was very good, so I'm interested in seeing what he's going to be like after such a long period of time.

If they're gonna throw him in with a high tier talent so early on his return, I figured they might throw him in with Sheamus and have a mini feud over the belt, since he can kinda match Sheamus for size and give him a bit of a struggle, and maybe win it for a couple months and get his little tribute reign like Henry, although I don't know if they'd give one to a guy who's been away for so long. I guess you never know with Vince, but given his age and given the reports saying they want him to go straight to the top, it sounds like he want to make something out of the time he has left. Throwing him in with Cena would be VERY bizarre, to go from Rock to A-Train right off the bat would be really weird. Orton and Punk, I guess I could see, especially Orton, but I think the most fitting thing to do is throw him in with Sheamus since it's down the card a little, but he's still fighting a top guy and he's a guy who challenges him size wise so that Sheamus isn't squashing everybody right after he becomes champion.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If Sheamus is champion then yeah could def see him building a feud with him. I don't see them going all the way with his push just make him out to be a monster who puts over guys like Sheamus in the end IE: Another Kane to have on the roster.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I honestly wasn't crazy about the vignette. It was very plain and simple, no idea why some people are raving about how OMGAWESOME it seemed. But that's not a bad thing right now, they're obviously not going to bring him in until after WM, and hyping him too much right now would take away from the hype for the Mania matches.

Still though... if that's the case, why even bother with his vignettes right now? Certainly a more intense vignette debuting at WM would have been a better time to hype him, unless they are planning on debuting him literally the night right after WM.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's not really a bad timing as mania is only like a week away. Could hype him up all the way till the next PPV after mania or if they wanted to make a big deal out of it and debut him quick he could debut at mania by attacking somebody.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Meh, I guess so, I just don't know why you would spend valuable air time on a vignette for a guy that won't even be at WM. Seems like you would want to dedicate every minute you have to hyping Mania first and foremost, then screw with the fans' heads later after the ppv. Not like the vignette took a long time, but still...

I'm just really not a fan of these overly-obscure vignettes that gradually make more and more sense with every passing week, that method is done to death.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The WWE Universe is buzzing about a cryptic video that aired during Monday's Raw SuperShow, offering a glimpse at Lord Tensai, a warrior shrouded in mystery.

While this individual's identity remains unknown, one thing we know for certain is his name. Using the minimal information obtained from the footage, WWE.com is able to infer a bit about what may potentially be a most formidable competitor in WWE.

In Japanese, "tensai" has multiple meanings, including "destruction." "Lord" evokes thoughts of ultimate power.

Lord: a person who has authority, control, or power over others; a master, chief, or ruler. – dictionary.com

Upon closer inspection, the video reveals a few more clues about this destructive lord. The most striking aspect of his appearance are the many Japanese characters that adorn his body.

Also during the video, there is a glimpse of a Japanese sword with an inscription. The significance of the sword and what it says remain unknown at this time, as are the details as to how he acquired the weapon or its meaning to him.

sword-shot.jpg

Despite this review of clues, more questions continue to arise about this enigmatic warrior. When will we find out more about Lord Tensai? Stay with WWE.com as more details surface.

From WWE.com

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I like the whole warrior thing. They are really making this out to be a big mystery. And I really do like the addition of the sword. It just looks cool.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'll be cool with the sword when he cuts a fucking jobbers arm off with it, other than that, what's the point of it if it's not being used? :p

I do like a distinct character though, no matter how over the top, WWE really needs some more characters.

AF.

Reaction score
It was only a 20 second video. It doesn't really impact any programming so I don't see the problem of having it done 2 weeks out from Mania.

The WWE Universe is buzzing about a cryptic video that aired during Monday's Raw SuperShow, offering a glimpse at Lord Tensai, a warrior shrouded in mystery.

Some people need to get lives.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'll be cool with the sword when he cuts a fucking jobbers arm off with it, other than that, what's the point of it if it's not being used? :p

I do like a distinct character though, no matter how over the top, WWE really needs some more characters.

Obviously to intimidate people! :p

But imagine if he chopped some limbs off?

The_King

Reaction score

I agree that distinct characters are needed, but distinct and over the top usually results in ridiculous messes (Kizarny, Big Daddy V, etc.). Only Ryder and Santino come to mind when I think of recent people who had distinct gimmicks and got themselves over.

On top of that, A-Train is a big white guy. He really doesn't fit the quick, agile Samurai image. It just seems too out there.

I think a more conventional gimmick would be better.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wow WWE really are pushing their website with this, they are doing what forums usually do in breaking down every single piece of the video to look for clues. Trouble is everyone already knows who is behind the gimmick.

With regards to running the videos now instead of waiting for after WM, the only spent half a minute on this video so they didn't steal time away from any WM match. Plus if they do want to debut him the day after WM then you have to start running the videos a few weeks before hand so that fans get an idea of who he is.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
As the Road to WrestleMania winds down, one Superstar who has yet to show his face seems to have the most to say to the WWE Universe.

The mysterious Lord Tensai sent another message to the Universe on Monday Night Raw, murky images of the clandestine warrior, flanked by an unnamed servant. Through no small effort, WWE.com has obtained the translation of the Japanese phrases that aired during the vignette, and the exact content of his message to the WWE Universe. The translations provide some clue into Tensai's mission, and what the WWE locker room can expect upon his arrival:

"It was said he would find himself in a faraway land."

"Lord Tensai will strike."

"Lord Tensai draws near."

"Lord Tensai approaches. Beware!"

It sounds as though the Superstars should prepare accordingly.