Lord Tensai

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It's a hard choice, with Kane facing Orton... There really isn't any top face around to face Lord Tensai.

I would have said Henry but he's a heel and sadly with Khali being a giant and the only face... He'd probably be facing Lord Tensai

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
CM Punk. There's no way his feud with Jericho continues after Extreme Rules providing he wins as that will be 3 consecutive PPV's he's beaten him at, there's no way back from that.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Santino Marella would be a perfect target. Especially given how mega babyface Santino is and how he's currently on the run of his career right now. It would be fucking stupid to throw Tensai into a feud with Punk right now because the rest of his tenure in WWE will be completely down-hill afterwards and I'm really not convinced WWE has any intention to put the belt on him this early. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why anyone thinks he's worthy of that feud yet.

And what exactly happens if he feuds with Punk and doesn't win the title? You can pretty much kiss Tensai's "monster" push goodbye and he goes right back to being Prince Albert... a big pudgy goof no one takes seriously. But I could definitely see him dropping Santino for the US Championship.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think that it would be an issue if his first feud is with the WWE champion and he loses. As long as it isn't a burial and he looks competitive then it won't hurt his character that much. Surely in wrestling there can't be any shame in losing a close match to the top champion and it wouldn't drop him right down the card.

Tensai destroying Santino for the US title wouldn't be too bad. If they do go that route I see them doing something where they change the name of the title since a "foreigner" is holding the US title.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I got a really cool idea for Lord Tensai but I don't wanna mention it but he is certainly has improved since his time in Japan like many American Wrestlers; I think Developments are quite shit these days and really WWE should just send their talent to Japan for a few months and train them up over there lol.

As for Tensai feuding with John Cena or CM Punk is a nice little touch, he clearly is a beast and will get over soon enough if he continues the way he's going and the fact he pinned John Cena is always good, in my mind aslong as they get the pinfall win, it's a good win regardless... Better than retaining a title via DQ or something Blue.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
IMO it was weird booking having suddenly step up to John Cena after beating two irrelevant jobbers in the past few weeks.

Lewb

Reaction score
I loved the booking. ANOTHER fresh face moving up to near main event level so it seems. Brock Lesnar and Lord Tensai have slotted straight in and even though they are both returning superstars, it's a breath of fresh air on Raw. This guy is one of the few reasons im excited for the future of wwe right now.

Aniking

Reaction score
He smashed two jobbers and immediately everybody took him seriously. When he was announced as Cena's mystery opponent, my first thought was "He'll look incredibly strong but ultimately lose". He looked strong AND beat Cena, so the booking has been done well with shaping Lord Tensai as a dominating monster. I get his first two opponents were jobbers, but he went from randoms to beating the face of the company. Dude is legit now.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I am not a big fan of his at all. I am fairly new to WWE after not watching for several years, so I have no past history on Tensai to go by. As a new character to me, I don't like his act or presence.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He smashed two jobbers and immediately everybody took him seriously. When he was announced as Cena's mystery opponent, my first thought was "He'll look incredibly strong but ultimately lose". He looked strong AND beat Cena, so the booking has been done well with shaping Lord Tensai as a dominating monster. I get his first two opponents were jobbers, but he went from randoms to beating the face of the company. Dude is legit now.
You're saying he's fully legit just because he got a shady win over Cena? Not hardly. Only ppv wins make you "legit". CHAMPIONSHIPS make you legit.

People act like they've never seen a character like him before.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, wins and losses in WWE are kind of transparent if they aren't built on.

I'll see where this goes before I jump to conclusions.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He could get his ass handed to him by Cena on the next Raw and we forget all about his win over Cena so yea I second the notion of it depends on what he does after this. A win over Cena is a nice rug but it could easily be pulled from under him if he just does stuff like go back to beating down jobbers and not even getting a feud.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I am not a big fan of his at all. I am fairly new to WWE after not watching for several years, so I have no past history on Tensai to go by. As a new character to me, I don't like his act or presence.

On Raw, Cole put over how Tensai was a former WWE superstar before going to Japan to learn new skills and discipline, face strange new opponents and use his size to dominate. Now he's returned more brutal than ever.

So that's about as much backstory you can give a new guy. Otherwise, they intentionally seem to be draping Tensai in mystery. He even said "Fear the unknown" in his promo I believe.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
The most simple thing to get Tensai over is to address his past. All he needs to do is to tell people that he's far stronger and bigger threat than A-Train or Albert once was. He just needs to tell the crowd how he's a bigger force now and basically better than he was back in the day. After that then the Albert chants won't hurt as much.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The most simple thing to get Tensai over is to address his past. All he needs to do is to tell people that he's far stronger and bigger threat than A-Train or Albert once was. He just needs to tell the crowd how he's a bigger force now and basically better than he was back in the day. After that then the Albert chants won't hurt as much.

See, I think WWE's plan for Tensai's characterization is to NOT bridge the gap too much between Albert/A-Train and Tensai, with only the occasional nods of acknowledgement to his past. They seem to going for more of a mysterious character here than you're typical big angry monster, so it would be wise of them not to dig up his origin too much. When's the last time a "mysterious" character really worked in WWE? Undertaker and Kane? Maybe if Umaga if you're willing to call him mysterious.

The tools are there for Tensai imo, with the right touches he could be a success if they go that route (not Taker/Kane level obviously, but a success).