like it or not otunga is getting better.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He's got his character locked down that's for sure and probably the best thing I can say about him really. I just hope he doesn't get any further than being that tool who sides with the GM and gets his ass whipped 9 times out of 10.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I've never had a problem with Otunga and never have really understood all the hate for the guy. He's one of the few talents on the roster that manages to make the crowd legitimately hate him, and there's nothing you can take away from that. Pair him with anyone, and it makes the crowd hate the other person more. That's something I'm surprised no one gives him credit for.

You can thumb your nose at this and call it "X-Pac heat" if you want, but that's not how I see it. He's hardly someone that makes you want to flat out change the channel and his wrestling skills don't really matter for the role WWE has been using him in. He likely won't go down in the history books as one of the great heels of this decade, but as long as he can make people associated with him get more heat, I'd say he's pretty useful.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'll give Otunga a chance if he shoots himself in the leg and decides that he has the heart to recover from that to still be a professional wrestler.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'll give Otunga a chance if he shoots himself in the leg and decides that he has the heart to recover from that to still be a professional wrestler.
So basically he needs to be Plaxico Burress...

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I've never had anything against him but I really never had any reason to like him not really going to judge him on what little I've seen in the ring. But this shit.

"The Law offices of @DavidOtunga are now open. Have you have been wronged? Tweet me. You can trust me, I went to Harvard. @WWE #RAW"

This shit's pretty funny. Still kinda hope he gets sued for it though. "If you have twitter you have a lawyer"

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He shot my favorite Rapper in the leg, so until justice is served one way or another there I can't get behind this Otungamania.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
@ JH :lmao That's great

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Only reason why they are giving Otunga tv time is because the girl he is dating. Otherwise, like Edge said, nobody would really cared about him.

Lulz like how Edge finally made himself a marketable figure by sleeping with a chick?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Sure, he's not great in the ring, but I hate how over critical people are of things nowadays, it's like you are all experts who know whats right. Otunga will improve, just like guys like Cena did.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Otunga isn't very good in the ring at all, but he also hasn't been in the business for very long either, and in the short time he's been in it, he's improved quite a bit. His lawyer character is genius, and I really hope they expand on that like they seem to be doing. Everyone hates lawyers, it's a great heel characters.

I've became an Otunga fan as of late, but I really hope his ring work improves.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Lulz like how Edge finally made himself a marketable figure by sleeping with a chick?

The chick was not known in the "real world", what we call outside of the WWE. But he took that angle and the advantage made him the R Superstar. You guys really think Otunga is out of the green? McGillicutty is a couple steps better than Otunga in the ring, but spends his time in NXT. Both X-Tag Team Champs. Give McGillicutty someone famous to date that is relevant in the real world and you'll see him on RAW Live or at least Mid Carding on SD. Otunga still has two left legs.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The chick was not known in the "real world", what we call outside of the WWE. But he took that angle and the advantage made him the R Superstar. You guys really think Otunga is out of the green? McGillicutty is a couple steps better than Otunga in the ring, but spends his time in NXT. Both X-Tag Team Champs. Give McGillicutty someone famous to date that is relevant in the real world and you'll see him on RAW Live or at least Mid Carding on SD. Otunga still has two left legs.

McGillicutty still has lineage to fall back on, Otunga doesn't. It's still way to early to really plan out their careers, since pretty much everybody had the same types of convos about Miz and Morrison a few years ago.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Otunga and Ace's double act is around 85% the reason I still watch WWE.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
McGillicutty still has lineage to fall back on, Otunga doesn't. It's still way to early to really plan out their careers, since pretty much everybody had the same types of convos about Miz and Morrison a few years ago.

Ted Dibiase also has lineage and it has brought him nowhere. JoMo was good in the ring, while Miz was good on the mic before the split. Otunga? He is not even in between. It's not too early, he is just a non professional body builder going out with Jennifer Hudson.