• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
im seeing improvement every week.from his in ring matches,to his lawyer heel,its all clicking.in a few years i see him as an upper midcard/main event guy.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
He's going to be successful ripping off Chris Masters entrance and pose. He still can't wrestle out of a paper bag.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'm an Otunga fan.

He is improving every week but I think he has some good weeks and some bad weeks, he does need a bit more wrestling training but other than that he is good. He has a great physique which makes his moves look very very powerful, he has a good look and draws a nice amount of heat with a good gimmick that works well and suits him but it isn't pushed enough as a singles superstar and they could capitalize on it and start getting him some major heat by doing some things and chasing after the US Title. His promos are good and he is a good speaker and it has that little extra lawyer feel to it the way he acts.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Reason why he is so green is the majority of time he's spent on the main roster has been in tag teams and stables. I think he has potential, I mean I don't get why people say he's awful because there's plenty of people out there who are worse, he just needs a little work in singles matches to eliminate the greeness and I feel that may come after Mania when he helps Team Ace win and probably beats Santino for the US title a few weeks later. I think he will be a transitional main eventer at one point, and have a similar run to what R-Truth had, because he has more a less all the tools needed.

And Allen (BRJP), loads of stars have ripped off entrances and gimmicks, you mad at them also lol? At least Otunga has an original gimmick. OH WAY OH!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He's good to laugh at like for example that whole lawyer video they showed on this Raw but that's as far as it goes for me. Still don't care to see him in the ring. His current gimmick is alright though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that WWE are using him perfectly at the moment. He has his limitations as a wrestler and WWE have taken note of that placed him in a role where he doesn't have to wrestle every week. This role as legal advisor to Johnny Ace is the perfect role for him whilst he continues his wrestling training. He is a Harvard Law graduate so it is smart to work it into his wrestling gimmick and it works well that he only has to wrestle on television every second week or so. In time he will improve in the ring and I am sure that he will be serviceable in the ring. What is on his side is time, he has plenty of time to improve since there is no way that WWE will release Jennifer Hudson's fiancee.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
He's got a nice character though but when I look at him, he's just another oily big guy that I question he's on something. The man is absolutely ripped but I wasn't a fan of the whole Masters thing. Whatever people rip people off but I'm not marking out for him like some are. He has a crappy finisher and still bad in the ring.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Great character, heat magnet.

Could easily be the black Ted DiBiase given a decent push.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Please, he's not that crap, like I said there is worse. I've spotted improvements in him already and with work he will be a solid performer. Wrestlers will never improve if people bash them and knock their confidence.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Yesterday he showed a hell lot of improvement. I'd rather watch Otunga than Brodus Clay in the ring that's for sure.

Otunga still isn't fresh but he's improving and as of his finisher, I actually like it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He's going to be successful ripping off Chris Masters entrance and pose. He still can't wrestle out of a paper bag.

Lulz, bodybuilding poses.

80s everybody.

Gimmick not new.

Otunga alright, does his purpose for Laurinitis and will continue to improve. Pro-wrestling fans seem to act like old school guys, always hoping for the new guys to fail and never let them learn and grow and get better.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Only reason why they are giving Otunga tv time is because the girl he is dating. Otherwise, like Edge said, nobody would really cared about him.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Only reason why they are giving Otunga tv time is because the girl he is dating. Otherwise, like Edge said, nobody would really cared about him.

Yeah some of that may be true but it's also because he went to Harvard which is a good thing for a wrestler to have on their record and especially for the gimmick he has it works greatly, not some false graduate story they made up. He's a well speaker too and he has a good look which WWE are a fan of. (The bodybuilder type)

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler