Lesnar vs. Orton Match Discussed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Ask Holly what pre UFC Brock will do to a dick. Then ask Cena what a half hearted easy shot from him feels like lol.

I would pay to see Orton blow up like with Kofi and Kennedy. That would be a great TiVo moment

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It's like Dejavu all over again reading Psych's posts.

AF.

Reaction score
I sorta miss Orton in high profile feuds. I also miss the personality side of Orton. He's shown a bit in the Kane feud, but fuck all to the viper he used to be.

Can't wait for this.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'm all for it and this will be a terrific feud. I don't expect much on the mic but I expect a lot of intensity. It will make you want to watch it and like Dale said, he deserves a main event feud. As for the whole Orton incident history, that would be pretty awesome. Imagine Brock hitting Orton in the mouth for real, that would be insane. I think they will work out fine though since Orton realizes that he can't push over Brock. Brock is someone that won't be bullied around like you already know. This will be a really dynamic feud though and I'll be very happy for Orton. Like I've said, Orton gets criticized way too much for a guy that puts on great matches. I don't like his mic work as a face and I don't get why they book him as a monster but overall Orton deserves the spotlight.

Reaction score
Honest, Randy Orton hasn't done much for me as of late but for whatever reason I'm really intrigued to see this feud. One thing I've found about Randy Orton is that he usually delivers when it counts, I don't want to see another Cena/Brock match as I find that if Brock is only here for a short period of time I'd like to see him fight a couple of guys over the next while. Randy Orton seems like a logical choice, so I am all for this match if it ends up happening.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
How can he be the most important guy in the roster, when he isn't even in the top 3 of his own 02 class in terms of impact as Cena, Dave, and Brock all did more at a bigger and better scale. Orton is where he's at because he can't draw. When SDs attendance hit the shitter with him as well as their ratings, and putting the strap on Henry sold in comaprison he was kinda fucked and exposed. He can easily fight Brock because Brock will draw much like Trips, Cena, Taker, and Dave did for him, but he will lose. The oly question is how bad will he lose and where will they take him afterward, as he doesn't have the same natural charisma/personality or mic skills of a Cena to wash away damage. In fact learning how to be more effective on his promos is a must point blank, Brock or no Brock, if he ever hopes to truly fill the void left by the likes of Edge and Dave as the 1A/1B to Cena

From a match perspective it should be good but boy Randy could get hurt. He has a natural shoulder problem and can be a dick when guys fuck up in the ring with him, which would get his ass rocked lol

He's a big name/star, over huge with the crowd, makes everyone look a million dollars in the ring with him, puts tons of guys over without hurting his kayfabe cred, and CAN talk (regardless of what smarks say, he isn't as bad as most).

I don't see how he isn't the top guy. Sure, Cena and Brock can shill a few PPV buys but as an all round pro wrestler, theres nobody better than Orton. Hes complete, IMO.

WMD

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Meh. Both aren't too great on the stick.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Observer reports are just getting embarassing these days, that report also lists pretty much everyone with name value to the list of potential feuds with Lesnar. That site is speculation masquerading as news.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The feud doesn't hold much appeal to me, just don't see it producing that much in the ring.

Disagree about Lesnar on the mic through. When he first started he was pretty poor and it was clear he did need Heyman, but he did improve a lot in that department as time went by. He is never going to be awesome on the stick, but he can certainly hold his own.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I agree with Keith, Brock's promos aren't nearly the shit pile everyone else seems to be saying they are. Comparing him to Khali is one of the very dumbest things I've read in a long time. He's easily much better now than he was in 04, which is surprising considering how long he's been away.

Though if the rumors are true and he's due to feud with Orton, I'm not looking forward to those promos any more than anyone else. It's not so much their respective mic abilities that worries me, it's their characters. They seem like they would clash and not in a good way. Orton is excellent on the mic at times, but as we've seen with Kane, not when his opponent is clearly more dangerous and intimidating than he is. His whole facade is ruined.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That is a good point that Orton works best when he is the intimidating one not the other way around as he isn't made to be a underdog. So hopefully if they feud they find middle ground cause Orton can't play the underdog face and Brock can't play the heel who acts like a pussy and backs down.

As for Brock's mic skills what is wrong with them? He makes what he says believable can deliver good enough and is straight to the point. He is no HHH, Punk or Cena on the mic but he can get the job done as can Orton.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Brock's promos aren't nearly the shit pile everyone else seems to be saying they are.

Yeah, actually they are, which is why people are saying that. Anybody who thinks he's even decent on the mic is fucking DEAF. He's not a good talker to begin with, but he was COMPLETELY lost on Monday. He didn't have a fucking clue what he was doing. That wasn't just a bad promo, that was downright uncomfortable and for somebody who keeps talking "legitimacy", that made wrestling look more fake than the fucking matches.

God spare me the promos these two shitmongers will come up with. No interest in seeing this feud. Well, I am intrigued of the possibility of Brock botching, Orton blowing up on him like he's known to do and Brock breaking his face in half and leaving him crying in the corner as the EMT's come, but I just don't see Orton being dumb enough to blow up on Brock.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
As funny as that 2nd paragraph was, Pyro, I just don't see how it was that awful. He has a really goofy accent, not even sure what kind of fucking accent it is (probably just DUMB'ish) but I definitely wouldn't play the fake card on him. Then again, I don't expect Austin-level mic work from a guy that's been gone 8 years. I wouldn't even expect that from Austin.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
You don't see how it was awful? Did you watch it? It goes beyond having a goofy accent. He clearly forgot everything he was supposed to say and was fumbling around like a deer in the headlights. He was utterly LOST.

I'm not even expecting Austin level mic work, but that wasn't even Ziggler level mic work. He fucking sucked, and like I said, it goes beyond just not being good in the traditional sense. He was flat out CLUELESS.

Last edited: