LESNAR or MIR???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Will Brock Lesnar or Frank Mir win at UFC 100?

• Brock Lesnar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frank Mir

• No Contest (Don't vote this unless you like dick in the ass)

• Total voters

Wrestling Station

I dunno why you guys are counting Lesnar out of it? I think he can win this. Do you remember Mir vs Vera? Vera was on top of Mir and ground & pound him till the ref stopped the fight.
Even if the fight went to ground (which may likely be due to a huge punch from Lesnar) he will keep on pounding his face till the ref stops it. Its the most likely scenario im that would occur for this bout.

Reaction score
im putting money on lesnar. he's got the smarts to go with his power and ground-n-pound game now. he's smarter than his last fight/debut, and that'll give him the advantage.

Soulpower

Lesnar.. I just don't see him repeating the mistake from his first fight against Mir.

Reaction score
Mir is going to show Lasley for the pussy he is
Who fuck is Lasley? Bobby Lashley? What does he have to do with a fight between Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar? You're a giant tool.

I'm taking Lesnar in this fight. I really think that Lesnar is the real deal and can be something special in MMA, and if it wasn't for his pro wrestling background he would get a lot more respect. With his speed and agility at his size he is truly a unique fighter. Throw in his solid wrestling skills and he could be a beast in MMA. What's scary is how good he has looked so far when he hasn't had anywhere near the amount of training that most MMA fighters have. Since it's fairly obvious that he's a very dedicated person, he will surely only get better with every fight since he's learning a lot of different things while training. If he can be more controlled in this fight and fight a smart fight and use his size to his advantage, I don't see how Mir can beat him. Much like their first fight if Mir does win I think it will be more about Lesnar making a mistake than Mir being the better fighter.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I still want Fedor in UFC. He would tear apart Lesnar and Mir.

Double J

Reaction score
...I'm taking Lesnar in this fight. I really think that Lesnar is the real deal and can be something special in MMA, and if it wasn't for his pro wrestling background he would get a lot more respect....

A big reason he doesn't get respect from the fans is because he doesn't know when to shut up. He comes into MMA demanding a title shot before his first ever match, yeah people are gonna look at him like a joke. He then continues to run his mouth about how he's gonna be the best there is in MMA, he then fights Mir who destroys him.

Afterward he's all humble and saying how he has training to do and how he knows it's going to take work and blah blah. Then they feed him a smaller guy then Mir who Lesner eats then before Joe can say anything for the after fight interview Lesnar starts screaming about how he's going to destroy everyone again.

Granted I'll give him credit for beating Couture, even though part of me thinks the fight was set up :p. I'm not saying Lesnar can't be someone major in the UFC, I just can't stand him.

....Much like their first fight if Mir does win I think it will be more about Lesnar making a mistake than Mir being the better fighter.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if Mir wins because Lesnar made a mistake and Mir capitalized on it to win the title, wouldn't that make Mir the better fighter than Lesnar?

I want Mir to win, but to be honest it's just because I really don't care for Lesnar. I use to really like Frank Mir, and to a point I still do, but ever since the Ultimate Fighter it seems like Mir has gotten more and more cocky. After seeing how he was on the show I was actually hoping Nogueira would win just to put Mir back in check.

Reaction score
A big reason he doesn't get respect from the fans is because he doesn't know when to shut up. He comes into MMA demanding a title shot before his first ever match, yeah people are gonna look at him like a joke.
What does that have to do with people respecting his fighting abilities? People don’t discredit his abilities because he talks to much, they discredit him because he came from pro wrestling so they write him off before they even watch him fight.

He then continues to run his mouth about how he's gonna be the best there is in MMA, he then fights Mir who destroys him.
Did you even watch the fight? Mir definitely didn’t destroy Lesnar.

Afterward he's all humble and saying how he has training to do and how he knows it's going to take work and blah blah. Then they feed him a smaller guy then Mir who Lesner eats then before Joe can say anything for the after fight interview Lesnar starts screaming about how he's going to destroy everyone again.
Plenty of guys talk shit after a fight. I’m not saying it’s the right thing to do, but it gets you noticed. Lets face it, if you do a lot to hype yourself up and make fans want to watch your fights, you will be in line for a much bigger payday. Look at Tito Ortiz. He’s one of the most well known fighters ever, but he damn sure isn’t one of the greatest fighters ever. He could talk though and knew how to hype himself up. That’s all Lesnar was doing.

Granted I'll give him credit for beating Couture, even though part of me thinks the fight was set up :p.
Set up? I’m guessing that you are probably joking here, but it’s still a really silly thing to say. Lesnar was clearly supposed to be just a tune up fight for Couture, but it didn’t work out as planned.

I'm not saying Lesnar can't be someone major in the UFC, I just can't stand him.
That’s to bad for you since Lesnar will probably be a dominant force in the UFC for a long time to come.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if Mir wins because Lesnar made a mistake and Mir capitalized on it to win the title, wouldn't that make Mir the better fighter than Lesnar?
Not necessarily. Let’s say you take the L.A. Lakers from this year and have them play the Charlotte Bobcats. The Bobcats could win the game but it doesn’t mean that they are the better team. If you want a UFC example look at when Matt Serra beat GSP. If you then look at their careers and the rematch it’s clear that GSP is the better fighter but either made a mistake or underestimated him. In this case I truly believe that Lesnar is the better fighter and will only lose if he makes a mistake or overlooks Mir.

xtremebadass

Brock Lesnar is going to slaughter Mir. Do you guys remember how Lesnar owned Mir in their first fight? Lesnar only lost because of multiple reasons. His ground game wasn't up to par, it was his first fight, etc. Lesnar will repeat the first minute or so in that fight but conclude with a vicious TKO on Mir.

Wrestling Station

Brock Lesnar is going to slaughter Mir. Do you guys remember how Lesnar owned Mir in their first fight? Lesnar only lost because of multiple reasons. His ground game wasn't up to par, it was his first fight, etc. Lesnar will repeat the first minute or so in that fight but conclude with a vicious TKO on Mir.
I second that. Brock was worried as it was his debut and most of the fans were against him as well. Its not easy for him to clean his sheet from the "fakeness" in the fans' eyes. His fight against Herring was the boost for him to overcome that feeling.

I also would like to applaud "Next Big Thing" comments, you nailed most of what its all about regarding Lesnar.

I can see that Lesnar will win this by TKO and it wont last much. First or second round tops.

Lesnar all the way babe!