Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Japan Supershow 1991: WCW/NWA Title Match- Tatsumi Fujinami v.s Ric Flair(c).

Well this a damn good match. This totally had a WCW type finish, though. I'd try to explain the title situation but it's a confusing mess since in Japan the NWA and WCW title are treated as separate titles but in the states they aren't. Then we get the referee switch from Alfonso to some Japanese referee... Yeah it was mess of booking. I did kind of like the false roll up finishes before Fujinami won with the last one with a referee actually being in the ring. The match pace was great at first but at one point it stalls out. They kind of pick it back up and points but it never gets back to where it was at before. The transitions were just so smooth early on that I wish it would have kept like that. It kind of just breaks down into a lot of slugfests and grounded moves mostly. So it's got some great wrestling in it but it just doesn't keep up with itself. The end of the show is hilarious with Ric Flair taking his belt back, too.

***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG DDT4 - Final Round: El Generico and Willie Mack vs. Player Uno and Stupefied

This was a really good match and a great way to end this AWESOME tournament The SSB are an incredibly underexposed tag team, and I am ecstatic that PWG is pushing them so hard. Generico and Mack also did a great job in this tournament, and I would be more than fine with them teaming up again in PWG. ***3/4 These two teams were beat up and clearly injured. Despite these facts, all four men put together a match worthy of being called the finals of the 2012 DDT4 tournament. El Generico is obviously one of my favorite wrestlers in the world, but Uno, Stupefied, and Willie Mack absolutely stepped up here. You won’t find a tournament much better than this.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Japan Supershow II 1992: Jushin Liger, Masashi Aoyagi & Akira Nogami v.s Hiro Saito, Super Strong Machine & Norio Honaga.

Very fun 6-man tag to open this show. Most of the match both teams had the same strategy of isolating one opponent at time and there were several good beatdowns throughout to keep it like this. The contrasting styles of both teams made for some interesting exchanges. Saito's team being much bigger and Liger's team being much smaller which effected the offense both teams gave each other. If it wasn't for Super Strong Machine not taking advantage of his oppertunties when he was in the ring I would have said everyone was good in this. Solid, solid stuff here but doesn't get to the next level.

***1/2

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ROH Best in the World 2012 - Fit Finlay vs Michael Elgin

Definitely enjoyed this more the second time I watched it, but I watched this on a Road Rage ROH TV episode, so they may have cut some out, but I didn't notice much missing. The match told a great story, but I kept finding myself bored, which is a shame because I love both of these guys. Best part was the end when Elgin shoved Truth and shook Finlay's hand.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ROH Best in the World 2012 - ROH World Television Championship: Jay Lethal vs Roderick Strong (c) vs Tomasso Ciampa

Real good three-way that kept me interested with some solid action and exchanges the whole way through. Not really a fan of the way Ciampa was eliminated, but it was funny as hell seeing Nana run around like a chicken with his head cut off around ringside.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Monday Night Raw (1/11/93) - Koko B. Ware vs Yokozuna

Rob Bartlett keeps calling Yoko, "Yokozuma" and making fat jokes. This was just a squash, and a very boring one at that. Also, Koko didn't bring Frankie with him. :side:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Monday Night Raw (1/11/93) - The Executioners vs The Steiner Brothers

Another squash, but at least this one wasn't as boring as the last. Rob Bartlett is fucking horrible on commentary.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Monday Night Raw (1/11/93) - Max Moon vs Shawn Michaels

Not a bad match, it actually had some competition and wasn't a total squash. Announcers and Doink being at ringside (for reasons I still don't know) took a good bit away from it though.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Japan Supershow II 1992: Michiyoshi Ohara & Shiro Koshinaka v.s The Enforcers.

A very solid tag match. Ohara had never had a match this big in his career up until this point. He wrestled well for a rookie here as the veterans on the other side of the ring made him look good as well. The match flowed very well. Not too much to say that I would go into much detail for. It was pretty average match that didn't have any real flaws about. Just good wrestling as the show continues.

**1/2

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Monday Night Raw (1/11/93) - Damian Demento vs The Undertaker

Another squash, definitely not a main event worth remembering.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Japan Supershow II 1992: Masa Saito & Kim Duk v.s Dusty & Dustin Rhodes.

Very, very fun tag match. However the matches so far on this card aren't moving WCW forward. I'll look past that as long we keep seeing quality talent in the ring. Still a solid match. Saito and Duk didn't really get along well in this match. They never seemed to want to tag the other in. I'll attribute that to their downfall late in the match. Of course you got the Father & Son team on the other side working as a cohesive unit throughout the entire match. Nothing too overboard here just a good match as this show keeps going on. Dusty also wasn't wrestling full-time but he still brought it.

**1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Japan Supershow II 1992: El Gigante v.s Vader.

Two big men throwing heavy blows until they get countouted because WCW didn't want Gigante to lose and because the Japan fans would have been legit pissed if Vader lost. What a waste of Vader, too. Probably the most over guy on the WCW roster in Japan. Ugh, I'd give it a dud but that would be disrespecting how good Vader was for the short period of time in this match.

1/4*