Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Worldwide 3/27/1993: Tag Team Title Match- Hollywood Blondes v.s Shane Douglas & Ricky Steamboat(c).

This is just a great match and a very important match that I would say most haven't seen. This is where the Hollywood Blondes won their first and only reign to be the champions. It may be obscure but if you like the Austin/Steamboat rivalry you have to see this. It was just two teams with solid workers on both sides working with each other. They all worked around their skill sets well. There were a couple missed spots here and there or at least they weren't very clean. Also, I didn't like seeing Steamboat getting way too excited on the apron costing his team a tag after a long babyface beatdown on his partner. It was ridiculous. These things are the only things that really hurt the match but they are pretty big flaws especially since Steamboat is a tag veteran to go along with being a great singles competitor. I just didn't get it. Still some of the exchanges should be seen by fans of any of these wrestlers. Check this shit out.

***1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Worldwide 4/3/1993: The Wrecking Crew v.s Marcus Alexander Bagwell & 2 Cold Scorpio.

This was mostly Bagwell taking a beating. At least this was different from their last squash win on Worldwide... However the pace and flow of the match is awful. Usually that wouldn't factor much into squashes but it does here. The Wrecking Crew were just destroying Bagwell until he tagged out. Then Scorpio came in and hit some weak looking kicks before setting up his 450 Splash. This just didn't work for me but the action was decent for this lasting longer than it should have.

1/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Worldwide 4/3/1993: Brad Anderson v.s Barry Windham.

Barry Windham is the NWA Champion and Brad Anderson is a nobody. So Windham being an actual worker not only looks great here but makes Anderson look like he's not even in his league. It was mostly just a couple signature moves by Windham before he just decided to pin him.

1/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Worldwide 4/3/1993: Chris Sullivan v.s The British Bulldog.

This match just sucked. The opening move was a closeline by Bulldog that Sullivan looks like he blocks before deciding to actually take the move. It was so off that I have no idea what either guy was thinking. This was followed by a suplex and Bulldog doing a rest move. Rest moves shouldn't be done by faces in squash matches. The only reason to have a hold last this long in a match like this is for a babyface to fight back. The move just wasted time then Bulldog decided to do another closeline and his finisher. He should have just went straight to that stuff. Fuck you, Bulldog.

DUD

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Worldwide 4/3/1993: TV Title Match- Erik Watts v.s Paul Orndorff.

This was the finals of the TV Title tournament... I guess. At least the right man won in Paul Orndorff. Erik Watts is still very green yet the announcers are told to tell us he's a very technical worker. He can't set shit up, he can't follow up. They should give it up. Bill Watts should have made his son become a better worker before openly exposing him like this. The worst part is that Erik tries to work this style. So he comes off grasping at shit and doing things that look poorly done. You can't work a style like this unless you practice for years. Seriously, at every turn in this match Orndorff was making Watts look like a fool. It didn't matter if Orndorff was on offense or just taking what Watts was doing to him. I give Orndorff ** for this match and I give Erik Watts a DUD so I'll go with an even *. Jesus...

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Worldwide 4/3/1993: Masked Wrecker v.s Van Hammer.

A right to the point squash for Hammer. He hit a few solid moves and got the victory.

1/4*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE SmackDown November 13, 2009 - Chris Jericho vs. The Undertaker

Good TV match that could of been allot better. They worked really well with this being their first ever meeting with nice counter, i would of loved to see them do it on a PPV but it looks like that ship has sailed. ***

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF SummerSlam '89 - The Brain Busters vs The Hart Foundation

Pretty good opener here, some weird spots, but overall very enjoyable. I hated that even in victory they made the Brain Busters look so weak. Your champs should look stronger than that, heel or not.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA TNA Weekly PPV #101 (06/30/2004) - Sabu & Sonjay Dutt vs. Team Canada

Good opener, with a lot of action but it also had it's moments of sloppyness which hurt it. **

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF SummerSlam '89 - Dusty Rhodes vs Honky Tonk Man

Went on way too long, and not very good. Crowd was real hot for the end though, that's about the only compliment.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF SummerSlam '89 - Mr. Perfect vs The Red Rooster

Glorified squash here, a shame because these two could have had such a good match. Match wasn't even fun to watch though, and the ending was very anti-climatic. Not PPV worthy.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA TNA Weekly PPV #101 (06/30/2004) - “The Alpha Maleâ€￾ Monty Brown vs. D Lo Brown

Jesus this was and awful brawl just 5 minutes of pure sloppiness. Monty wasn't in the mood tonight and D Lo was even worse and for a guy who said he was motivated and wanted to be world champ he was in full on green mode.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF SummerSlam '89 - The Fabulous Rougeaus & Rick Martel vs The Rockers & Tito Santana

Really good 6-man with some fast-paced action. Kinda' expected more from these 6 though and it didn't tell much of a story, but I still enjoyed it. The ending could not have been more of a clusterfuck though.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Worldwide 4/10/1993: Tex Slazenger & Shanghai Pierce v.s Shane Douglas & Ricky Steamboat.

Douglas and Steamboat recently lost the tag titles to the Hollywood Blondes a few weeks back on Worldwide. This match was just to make them look strong for an eventual rematch. It wasn't too bad either. Tex and Shanghai beat them up before the bell with their bullrope but as soon as the match started it was pretty much just a showcase for Douglas and Steamboat. Still a good little squash.

3/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Worldwide 4/10/1993: Ash Masters v.s Rick Rude.

Rude just hit a couple moves followed by his Rude Awakening. Of course he attacked Ash before the bell like he really needed the advantage. Rude promo time after this squash. Good stuff.

1/4*