Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Raw was actually pretty godo last night. Solid in both matches and promos...
The Orton/MVP match was great. For a weekly show, anyway. Very solid stuff, and although it ended in interference, the match had both guys looking good. The beatdown was well executed as well.
Show/Batista was nothign specia, but decent. It got some good air time, and they made the most of it. Decent enough for a Raw, and Cena coming out at the end was a good twist in that he didn't run down and beat the shit out of Show. He just walked out, and distracted him.
I was pleased that we saw Kingston/Kendrick and the Colons vs Noble and Chavo. Oh, we also got to see a Matt Hardy swauash match, which was nothing to write about, other than that it's cool they kept him on TV with the hand injury.
One of the better Raw's from a match standpoint...

We also got a fairly good Batista interview, and a surprisingly good Miz promo. Miz kinda impressed me. it was nice to see him use his character background, instead of just "I'm a dominant star!!!" or some generic shit. Not a bad promo...
But the best goes to the opening promo of the night. MVP was awesome. It almost made me forget we had a pretty good promo from Orton going before he came out. But when he came out, man, it was a good one. He nailed his lines perfectly, showed he can do his thing as a face, and WWE showed they're not just gonna cast him in the background.

Overall, an impressive Raw! It was nice to see them follow through on their word and not have any guys from the other brands on the show. It allowe us to see matches like Kingston vs Kendrick, and the tag match. Hopefully that keeps goin' for a while.

MikeRaw

It wasn't THAT bad. If it has been on PPV, I would've been pissed, but for a normal Raw match, I thought it did its job.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

We drew that conclusion when they wrestled each other on ECW back in 2006.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Seriously whoever said Morrison is going to be the only one who gets anywhere is wrong. Miz is just such a great natural heel it's incredible. Miz > Morrison

MikeRaw

Lol, no. Miz impressed me, and hopefully they stick with his push, but Morrison will end up having greater success.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong Morrison is good and the better wrestler for sure but Miz has gotten a lot better in the ring and he's a better promo than Morrison too. Miz naturally generates heat while Morrison needs to cultivate it and in pro wrestling you want what a guy like Miz has.

MikeRaw

The only flaw I can see in Morrison, is he needs to focus mroe in his promos. He needs to make them more convincing. I agree though, they should both get a good push, and Miz is really, really underrated.

Soulpower

I just hope that this whole Miz promo doesn't lead to him getting squashed by Cena in 30 seconds in the coming weeks.

the dark knight

Miz! :luvlove:

Seriously whoever said Morrison is going to be the only one who gets anywhere is wrong. Miz is just such a great natural heel it's incredible. Miz > Morrison
are you serious? he's getting a lot better but i still hate his guts. i called it anyway, he's gonna be the new cena :dry:

i thought you hated douchebags...

I just hope that this whole Miz promo doesn't lead to him getting squashed by Cena in 30 seconds in the coming weeks.
rofl, sooner.

MikeRaw

*Shakes head at this week's Raw*
Too bad too. It was good for a few weeks in a row, dating back to before Mania. This week's I wasn't into at all though.

Airfixx

Finally watched last night... Didn't think it was that bad myself....

Granted there wasn't a great deal to speak about forom a match perspective, but i liked the 'win and you're in' concept and think it's cool that they've got a fair few angles going when you consider Matt's Cast, Miz/Cena, Cena/Show, Santina, MVP seemingly on the rise... Things are looking positive, post draft IMO.

As for the seemingly random nature of Regal screwing MVP during his match... Admittedly, it wouldn't be the first time a guest announcer has been inserted purely to kick a fued off by means of a mid-match clash, but just wondering if there's more to it than that...

Look at the way the Regal continually praised "Young Rhodes" (LOL!)...

Just a crazy hunch and I know it bucks the trend of it being about 2nd & 3rd Gen stars (something I don't beleive to be THAT staunch to start with), but does anyone think that we could perhaps see Regal assume an almost Flair-in-Evo'-esque role with Legacy... Maybe Legacy inserting him as GM of their choice if they truly gain control of Raw?

MikeRaw

^I like your idea, up until the end. How the hell could Legacy just choose to insert Regal as GM? lol.
Other than that, you have a pretty good point. I could see Regal possibly doing a Flair type role.

Airfixx

Just toying with the possibilities; y'know the idea that Legacy really do take the McMahons out and effectively bring about a hostile take-over of Raw.... All a bit NWO, I know, but I'd love for them to bring a next level to the Legacy thing rather than just having them go round in circles 3-on-1 beatdown after another until it's eventually time for Ted to clash with Orton.