Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Raw repeats itself a lot nowadays, and there are just way too much promos, and they should just try to build PPV matches through other matches like this week which was a solid Raw. I enjoyed Punk/JBL and Batista/Kane but the ending of Raw bothered me, it leads too far to Tista winning at Unforgiven. Scramble looks decent though it will be slow paced. Heres me hoping Punk and Mysterio will start off. Cant wait for next week.

the dark knight

hey, sorry im not gonna bother reading all posts.

am i the only one who knows that new 20 mins match is not a NEW concept? whats with everyone saying ZOMG A NEW TYPE OF MATCH..wtf. i used to play that shit in smackdown 2 all the fuckin time. :nonono:

and i dont think its gonna be any good tbh.

MikeRaw

^20 minute matches aren't new, thats true. But I've never played this one before. his is 20 minutes, but the title changes hands many times DURING the match as well, so whoever ends with it is the champ. Unless you have seen it elsewhere, I cant remember seeing it in wwe.

Cayse

Reaction score
Raw really doesn't have much to show for anymore. Ever since the draft it hasn't been very good at all. On occasion they pull some decent matches but the feuds are so old and just repeated over and over again. They have all their main eventers so out of place that you don't know what is going on where anymore. There could be one feud going on with two people one week dead in the middle of the feud and then the week after one of those people begin a feud with someone else. RAW really needs to pick up soon. I would rather watch Smackdown.

the dark knight

^20 minute matches aren't new, thats true. But I've never played this one before. his is 20 minutes, but the title changes hands many times DURING the match as well, so whoever ends with it is the champ. Unless you have seen it elsewhere, I cant remember seeing it in wwe.
ummmmmm its not the 20 mins part. :nonono:

have you ever played smackdown 2: know your role? there was a time limit title match for the hardcore mode. it was basically the same thing except all superstars start the match, no 5 mins entering thing. and i just read a post that reminded me, they DID have that match on WM16.

J

Rey Mysterio's return was awesome. It looks like he's had enough time to get back into shape before returning to the ring this time. Thank god cuase when he returned at Summerslam he looked like crap.

chessarmy

Good RAW, much better than last week's show. I absolutely LOVED the Shawn Michaels/Chris Jericho feud. This feud has to be the best one since HHH/HBK. I enjoyed the battle royals, and it looks like Randy Orton might actually team up with Dibiase and Rhodes, which is an awesome idea.

Overall, a much better RAW than last week

Cayse

Reaction score
My Thoughts:

RAW was okay. It wasn't worth missing the premiere of Prison Break though.

It was a nice change to see Orton on the screen cutting promos and interacting with the superstars. And it wasn't a "he comes on and cuts a promo then leaves deal", he was there throughout the whole night. I loved the face-like promo at the beginning of the show. They way he downed every champion and not just the face champions. His promo made sense too, it wasn't just a bunch of rambling nonsense like most promos are now-a-days.

Punk coming out kinda killed it though. I marked at the fact he bring up Orton's "motorcycle incident". Creative seems to be bringing in a lot of real life incidents into storylines. Sure it brings a lot of heat but it gets a little obvious after a while. Anyone else see Orton/Punk for the WHC at SS?

I hated the face they went straight from Orton's promo to a Scramble promo which seemed like just a bunch of promos pushed all together. They went from JBL talking about winning, to Kane rambling on about Mysterio, and thankfully Batista didn't come out to talked and just speared everybody.

I laughed at Charlie Haas coming out as Cena. If RAW wasn't taped I'm sure no one would have expected that. I like the gimmick of him dressing up as other superstars because he pulls it off extremely well. I couldn't tell it was Haas and not Cena until he turned around and faced the camera during his entrance. I'm sure eventually this will lead to him imitating a superstar that will actually attack him.

Haas vs Kingston - Pretty much a jobbed match for Haas. They really should had let this match stretch with more back and forth action, it would had been good.

The first Orton/Rhodes/DiBiase promo backstage was rather surprising. It got to the point where it was imaginable that Orton was backing Rhodes and DiBiase and only putting them down to make them stronger. As I was watching this I was thinking the reformation of Evolution. Maybe they could push the storyline, or just have Orton manage them until he is medically cleared.

It also looks as if they are beginning to start the ECW/RAW merger. It would be nice because they would have the likes of Morrison, Miz, and a few other fresh faces on there.

ECW Battle Royal - It was okay, glad it was rather quick though. I don't understand why they are pushing Mark, so many others on ECW deserve the push. He will be losing the title at UF anyways.

The Jamie Noble/Layla storyline is pretty humorous. But I'm glad Noble got a win over Regal. Noble deserves some kind of push. I'd also like to note, I'm glad that Regal is wearing that vest, and JBL needs one.

I liked the fact that all of the Champions were cutting promos right back at Orton, including Beth. Poor Beth, getting pinned by both Kelly and Candice in two weeks. Who did she piss off? A champion should not be getting pinned that easily. I see another Candice/Beth feud erupting soon.

Santino vs D'Lo was a good match and I am enjoying Santino's push. He is a good comedic worker.

Cryme Tyme/Miz & Morrison – They should had actually let this match go on and not just use it for Priceless to get the title back, it would has been a good match.

Orton's approval to Rhodes and DiBiase for getting their titles back put the icing on the cake. Something will go one between them in the neat future.

RAW Battle Royal – Quick, boring, and just not main event material. The aftermath was much more interesting. Punk putting water in Orton's face was pretty good. Mysterio completely burying Kane is really uncalled for.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I thought raw kicked ass this week. The matches were pretty solid. Loved the HBK/Y2J contract signing this feud rocks its the best feud that WWE has put out for a long time. Mainly because they have built it up slow over time. Not rushed it like 90% of the feud they do. wicked Raw this week.

seX-Power

Really surprised but kinda glad Raw ended with a sick promo, cant wait for any of the matches, as Unforgiven looks really good now.

Reaction score
cm punk as world champion?he's a joke compared to the other wrestlers.
he's just not impressive and an awful champion.the sooner he leaves,the better.and rey mysterio?please,don't all those acrobatic moves make you seasick?