Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Raw this week was pretty crap tbh. Don't give CAWdy the mic again. He only had 20 words and he still stuffed up :smh

Main Event was alright, but it leads to HHH vs John Cena, in a match I don't want to see, and therefore, I won't be getting the upcoming PPV (NoC).

Nothing else from Raw was great this week, or worth noting. Oh wait, DiBiase exerted nice confidence again. Now I'm done.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Oh come on, what's wrong with HHH vs. John Cena? Not like it's yet another reused main event or anything. :shifty:

I actually decided not to go get something to eat during the Divas match... the highlights of it were a crotch-thesz press to the face, and the "champion" going down for a three count because she was punched in the back once. And now John Cena with used panties. Melina may be angrier than usual, but aside from that i'm not seeing any "improvement" in the Divas. :smh

Meh. Woo Kennedy. And i'm looking forward to DiBiase Jr.

noumenon

The Kennedy/Burchill feud is shaping up really nicely. I'm looking foward to the matches these guys pull off.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I would be more if Burchill stopped to show some charisma. He is too mechanical, and just goes through the motions. He needs to show some personality.

MC Rae

Reaction score
Not much of a memorable RAW to be honest. I enjoyed the Cena/Hardy match I suppose, but I knew Cena was going to win and unfortunately I don't really fancy seeing Cena vs. Tripe H. It was inevitable though. The Kennedy/Burchill build-up was quite good, I was loving the pull-apart brawls but I agree with brian kendrick's biceps, we need to see a lot more personailty from Burchill.

I'm actually finding the Diva's really good at the moment. I've actually enjoyed them more than the Knockout's as of late, which I thought I'd never say. Don't get me wrong I love TNA's knockout division but 'The Beautiful People' grate on me as does Roxxi Leveaux...

Overall though, a very average RAW, in some ways I'm finding myselfcounting down the weeks until the draft lol.

Hometown Kid

I would be more if Burchill stopped to show some charisma. He is too mechanical, and just goes through the motions. He needs to show some personality.

Am I the only 1 who wants Burchill to go back to being a pirate? And Kennedy was so hot after he got Regal "fired" and working with Burchill is not doing him any favors in the fans eyes...I would rather have seen Hunter/Kennedy tbh...

Soulpower

Actually, the Kennedy-Burchill feud makes total sense. Burchill and Regal were buddies, so it would make sense for Paul to go after Kennedy. Not only that, for the first time since his re-debut, Burchill actually got booed after he attacked Kennedy on Monday.

All in all, I think this feud will end up helping both men in the long run.

MikeRaw

Actually, the Kennedy-Burchill feud makes total sense. Burchill and Regal were buddies, so it would make sense for Paul to go after Kennedy. Not only that, for the first time since his re-debut, Burchill actually got booed after he attacked Kennedy on Monday.

All in all, I think this feud will end up helping both men in the long run.

I agree. And also, it can help hold onto the Regal/Kennedy feud, and when Regal returns, everything wills till make sense (if he returns to the same role)
But as you said, even if Regal doesnt return, the Kennedy/Burchill part still makes sense on Burchill being mad about Kennedy kicking regals ass outta the WWE.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
When do you think think jericho is going to turn full heel? i think HBK will beat jericho for the IC title soon and he will snap.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure, thanks to the money, this was the worst RAW i've ever seen. The matches were rushed (Kennedy's match was what, four minutes?), and the whole thing seemed like a crappy PBS telathon gameshow back when microphones had wires, internet access involved phone lines, and Bob Saget was still hosting America's Funniest Home Videos. I hope to hell the ratings absolutely tank this week, so we don't have to suffer through this again.

The show's ONE saving grace was Jericho slamming HBK through the Jeritron.

MikeRaw

LOL, it wouldve helped if Vince could dial the goddamn phone properly...
I think they should do the money giveaway during the commercials. We dont need to see that, cause the winners reactions are gay too... And I think I can miss out on Mae Young and Charlie Haas's live sex celebration too.
But really, they should do most of the giveaways during the comemercials, and do the first and last ones on TV...

But yes, the matches were rushed, except for the maine vent and Cena/JBL... We also didnt get many promos unfortunately... WWE is going to need to do what I said (about the commercials) next week, so we can have an additional minute or so added to each match, and have another promo or so.

Also, it was kind of awkward having Vince after every match, and the endings always seemed weird. It felt like the draft, where right after, everything is directed to the stage... But overall, the two main events, and the tag match was solid. And the Y2J/HBK was good, so this was a slightly above average Raw IMO. Just a few minor changes are needed to improve...

Kaedon

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure, thanks to the money, this was the worst RAW i've ever seen. The matches were rushed (Kennedy's match was what, four minutes?), and the whole thing seemed like a crappy PBS telathon gameshow back when microphones had wires, internet access involved phone lines, and Bob Saget was still hosting America's Funniest Home Videos. I hope to hell the ratings absolutely tank this week, so we don't have to suffer through this again.

The show's ONE saving grace was Jericho slamming HBK through the Jeritron.

You're right, the WWE should have had their fattest, ugliest Diva come out, pick plants out of the crowd, and then beat them in under 10 minutes.

MC Rae

Reaction score
RAW, mostly, sucked this week and it was because of 'Million Dollar Mania'. It wasted an incredible amount of time and it was just boring viewing, especially as a UK citizen who can't even attempt to win the fucking money! Mr McMahon's mis-dialing was painful and he did it just about EVERY TIME.

The Jericho/HBK segment was damn good, loved the smash into the Jeritron, is that jericho as a full-blown heel now? The main event was okay and the Kennedy/Burchill match was alright although too short, good to see Burchill getting more heel heat.

Not really much really to comment on because Million Dollar Mania took up so much time. I almost smashed my TV when McMahon said he had another million to give away next week.

Soulpower

You're right, the WWE should have had their fattest, ugliest Diva come out, pick plants out of the crowd, and then beat them in under 10 minutes.

At least the crowd would have been into that! Seriously, Kaedon. I don't know how in the hell you can defend last night's episode of RAW. Other than the Jericho heel turn, (And the subtle ode to HBK turning on Marty) and the fact that the Burchill/Kennedy feuds seems to be going places, this show just wasn't that good.