Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

And yes Osama, I realize nobody is leaving WWE, but this will still leave us without a talented Diva for a few months... unless of course they remove all credibility from that match and bring the girl right back in two weeks demanding a rematch.

An I Quit Match is pretty much a no DQ submission match. Foley V Rock, Bret V Austin etc.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Well I almost thought that WWE, in the face of ever declining ratings, would finally revive the tag team division by giving London and Kendrick the belts, but I guess that's wishful thinking. And now, Kennedy's big push has degenerated to feuding with a pair that mostly appears on Heat. Plus, the "big announcement" is just Vince giving away money? All in all, quite a disappointment.

And this I Quit match with the Divas... ok, that's one thing the Knockouts have yet to do, but I question the logic of getting rid of one of the three Divas who can actually wrestle. Perhaps they're phasing out the talent to make room for more "swapping bodily fluids with John Cena" jokes.

First off I have a feeling the Diabiase Jr. debut is leading to Rhodes turning on Holly, hopefully anyway because Rhodes needs to develop some sembelance of a character, either way they're building a feud there so for once I don't actually have a problem with them retaining.

Second of all the prospect of a Kennedy-Burchill feud is amazing to me. Finally we'll get to see what Burchill can do in a real feud, not just beating random jobbers. The fans hate Burchill which is only going to help Kennedy get over. I really like this idea and I am surprised to a negative reaction to it. I reall like idea and think it'll be an awesome feud.

Well the money thing doesn't do much for me, but I guess it was a pretty big announcement. I mean if he's going to give away 1 million dollars a week that's a big deal. Also the draft announcement is big, it might not be to you or I because we read shit on the internet and figured it was coming but to the average fan that doesn't follow on the internet that was probably a big deal.

And I have no idea what you're talking about as far as getting rid of one of the diva's. An I Quit match is just making the other girl says the words, "I quit" so no one is going anywhere. So I don't see the problem with that, it should actually be a pretty good match.

Airfixx

And I have no idea what you're talking about as far as getting rid of one of the diva's. An I Quit match is just making the other girl says the words, "I quit" so no one is going anywhere.

Jump to conclusion > Hate > Think later (maybe).

Agreed about Burchill V Kennedy... Gonna be awesome (especially as being the heel Burchill's gonna get a chance to mount some heavy duty offence). This'll do wonders for both of them.

Also, for anyone "tired of HHH V Orton for the Nth time"... Tell me their face-to-face at the begining of Raw wasn't the shit. Both played their roles awesomely (esp. Orton) and the crowd were all over it. Totally re-invigorated my interest in their on-going fued.

Similarly, as much as a countout was a bit dissapointing, tell me Y2J & HBK didn't play a blinder... Especially in the aftermath when Y2J was teasing the chairshot and having his moral dillema.

I pray WWE can find a way to let these 2 ME at some point and really tear the roof off.

Makes me laugh whenever they have an entire roster up on the ramp for whatever reason.... It looks like Vince has all his action figures lined up ready for him to play!

KenFan4life

Reaction score
KenFan's Views on RAW this week:

RandyOrton/TripleH segment: I thought it was solid...Even thou' everytime I hear of another TripleH/RandyOrton match or confrontation and such I kinda sigh and say to myselF "Self...The Fuck!?..this is like..the billionth damn Time already..."
but this whole promo-segment thing were they kinda shoot a bit on each other and get all intense and Talk Bout tha importance of the WWE Championship and such made it seem somewhat FRESH to me and such...so like....:Jumpy: <Hellz Yeahh..I'm pumped up for their Last Man Standing match this sunday...

HBK vs Y2J: It was solid-kind've....even thou' all they kinda did was that kind've generic "I'll grab your head...you counter and put my head in between your legs and I kip up out've it and I charge you and you do a headlock takedown" alittle bit too much...I mean sure its catch as catch can "Technical" style wrestling...but overrall that Spot they kinda run through happens alot these days...Kind've like how a SuperPlex from the Ladder, seems to happen in every damn ladder match...ya know..where it gets kind've Cliche and such...but overral I liked this match...
The end segment with The Walls of Jericho until the countout was meh, but the whole Jericho pi$$ed off and about to whail on Shawn with a Chair...but couldn't and stopped at the last second before he would've snapped or something...either way...I can feel that..ya know...like if i'm playing catch with a foot ball and Brett Favre one day and he was owning me , i would probably get frustrated and such; and try hitting him with a shovel...but i'd stop before i'd swing....cuz like...He's My Idol and such..ya know?

Kennedy/PaulBurchill feud:
Anything with MISSTTTERRRR KENNNEEDDDYYYY = AWESOME!!!

OVerrall views of the show:
It was "ight"....ya down and dirty...trying to catch me white "N' nerdy...ya heard?!!:native:

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
And yes Osama, I realize nobody is leaving WWE, but this will still leave us without a talented Diva for a few months... unless of course they remove all credibility from that match and bring the girl right back in two weeks demanding a rematch.

Or maybe even the next night :shifty:

Thoughts about RAW this week:
- Hardy and Cena are going to win at One Night Stand.
- Jericho turning heel will do more for ratings then Vince giving away money.
- RAW will rape Smackdown/ECW of all it's talent in the draft... again.
- If you win the million dollars you could buy Ashley Massaro for 40 hours.

Airfixx

^^^ FFsake!!! Read my last post. I Quit Match is NOT a career ending or retirement styled match!!!

C4

The should go towards another Diva Search? Yeah... they should :disgust1:

- Jericho turning heel will do more for ratings then Vince giving away money.

Yeah, I agree.

I don't know what the hell are they trying to do with him at the moment but we've seen it in the past, Chris Jericho portrays a heel character to perfection. So damn it what the hell are you waiting for, turn him HEEL

Airfixx

What is it with peeps wanting everyone to turn heel atm?

Jericho is playing a blinder with his role in the Y2J/HBK/Batista fued.

I understand the appeal of good heel and the storyline repercussions they can have, but meanwhile, Raw already has two TOP heels (Orton & JBL), it's just that WWE isn't doing anything dastardly with them right now so turning Jericho too won't have THAT big an impact.

darren1455

Reaction score
Hey Guys. Do you think they're gonna name a GM?

Im sensing they're just gonna wait for Regal to come back again to resume his role as the GM.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I hope not. At this point Regal doesn't need to be a GM to feud with Kennedy when he comes back. I'd love to see Teddy Long as GM of RAW. It's been years since we've had a face GM there, unless you count Hornswoggle that one time and that Make A Wish Foundation kid.

darren1455

Reaction score
Yeah. I agree.
But i think they're gonna bring back some legends for the Night of Champions PPV.
So. I'll guess a Legend taking the spot of GM. at least until the Night of Champions then Regal comes back and assumes the GM spot

chessarmy

Just finished watching RAW, I DVR'ed it. I thought it was a pretty good show, I enjoyed HBK vs Jericho even with the finish, and the Cena/Hardy vs JBL/Umaga match was good too. The Vinnie Mac anouncement was a little weird. I liked that they are bringing back the draft, but are we really supposed to believe that Vince is going to give away 1 million of his own dollars to some random fan every week? I dont get it, is this some type of angle or is it legit?

Overall though, it was a good show. I'll tune in next week for sure

Airfixx

Re: GM-ship....

Well if Regal's fucked it all up for himself and they aren't gonna do a 'Hardy' and just slot him straight back in after the suspension then, praying to the wrestling gods, please please please make it Ted DiBiase Snr.

With Ted Jnr on the roster there's just SO much storyline potential.

Qwake

^ yeah I think he could be good...

about RAW, this weeks RAW wasnt as good as I thought it would be and it was worse then the others but it still delivered...

I liked how Londrick was on the show and they had a title match (holy shit) and it was a good way to bring Ted Dibase Jr onto RAW.

Jericho Vs HBK was alright but it was kinda dumb how Y2J didnt hit him with the Chair even after he had already smashed him and put him in the Walls of Jericho, alright match though.

Cena/Hardy Vs Umaga/JBL was also pretty dissapointing, alright way to build the fueds even though I am really sick of Hardy and Umaga already.

The ending of the show was alright with VKM announcing the Draft but It was kind of weird how he said money and the show went off the air, that made me LOL (his facials made it even funnier :p)

RAW show for me was 5.5/10.......

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
^^^ FFsake!!! Read my last post. I Quit Match is NOT a career ending or retirement styled match!!!

I know that!!!! !!!!! [insert more exclamation points here]