Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HHHforever

Reaction score
HHH HAD to come out in the beginning to interupt Regal/Kennedy, as usual, HHH has to get a opening show promo. As always!

He also did nothing in the match, Kennedy worked the whole match, then he took out everyone with a Steel Chair, being the TV time stealer he is.

Sure, Orton RKO'd him at the end, but as someone said, which I think was Roxxie....they were supposed to be pushing Kennedy in this match, but instead, they made HHH look invincable as usual, and had his partner (shocker) take the pin. Just because he's "the Champ" doesn't mean he can't lose.

First of all citing Roxxi as a source to make your point really doesn't help your argument.

Secondly I don't understand why the WWE champion would take a loss to some losers on fucking ECW. That is just idiotic.

Third Kennedy looked good in the match. In the end the odds just ended up being too much, 14-2 should always win. They allowed him to show off his finishers, but like I said before the 14 was too much. Kennedy ended up looking fine in the match.

As said before the feud is being built fine. The fact that Kennedy lost just shows that Regal is as powerful as he claims. Also as I said before these two don't even have an official match yet so why should Kennedy end the show when he holds no titles and has no match. They're just building up the MAIN EVENT for Judgment day, makes A LOT more sense than building for match that isn't even happening yet.

Airfixx

(As usual I didn't get to see Raw on Monday as it's broadcast so late here, but upon my seeing it, again I'm left thinking....)

All you lot bitching musta watched a different fuckin' show!

Anyone that gives the angles a little bit of thought and realises that they're not gonna get PPV quality matches one after the other week after week on TV can surely see that WWE are sewing seeds left right and centre atm and that the rest of this year could/should be one of the best years since the Attitude days... Look at what has happened WM24 onwards.... There's an increase in unexpected stuff, the world title scene is unpredictable right now what with draft rumours, Taker getting stripped and no-one knowing what lies ahead for Punk, Kennedy, MVP and others on the fringe of the ME. KOTR is back and like him or loath him, this KOTR/GM 'run' of Regals could be the best thing that's happened on Raw in years. We've got 3 top class heels on Raw in regal, Orton & JBL (good heels IMO = good fued potential.) and meanwhile theres's a shadow of doubt over the continued 'face-ness' of some of the biggest faces in the fed... HBK, Batista, Y2J (God I hope this 3-way aspect doesn't get dropped completely.... The three of them could run that shit well for months & months.). Admittedly, there are things that I'd like to see that don't transpire or I think could have been done better, but the repeated bitching about the likes of CMPunk or Kennedy (for example) taking loses etc. just reaks of the kind of "mindless marking" that the likes of Roxxi, Kronik or whoever repeatedly accuse others of doing when most of the time 'the acused' is just offering a rational explaination of why what they see is playing out the way it does on-screen.

....Problem is some peeps are too caught up in finding out things before they are televised, hating on individuals (or the company as a whole) based on internet hearsay & rumour whilst blatantly harbouring the opionion that they know the biz and could run a Fed better than VKM, so much so that they can't properly asses what they're seeing on TV... You're ruining it for yourselves... (Unless it's lack of intelligence getting in the way and you're having problems comprehending a show that is aimed at ages as young as 4 or 5 years old?)

Unfortunately, this weekly cycle has got way too tedious after only a matter of months of my my being signed up to IWF...

You'll probably see a lot less of me here, but big up to all those wrestling FANS out there... It was fun chatting with some of ya's!

[Please don't consider tihs a vein attempt at a dramatic exit.... I know most of you prob won't give a toss!]

fteezy

Reaction score
umm WTF to that dude that said Cena isnt a big draw.. ur trippin! CENA IS A BIG DRAW! I dont like him MUCH, but im not gonna sugarcode anything and say he's not much in the WWE becuz he is.

I loved getting to see Trish again for old times sake.. Ron Simmons as well!

I been trying to tell you people for the longest that Mike Adelm isn't really a horrible announcer. This whole thing is done on purpose. He's been announcing for yeeears, they just have him working like that. It brings a different twist to wrestling. They're trying to get people to view in on the dumb shit he would say. It's also gonna turn into a feud with him and JR.. not "wrestling" but announcing!

jackmcmanus21

Reaction score
I think I might be the only guy who thinks the Mike Adamle thing is hilarious. I love the character, even if the character may not be far off from the real guy

Hometown Kid

I love it too, lol. Personally I think this was the plan from day 1, and that in reality Adamle actually knows his stuff.

The Guy doesn't know his stuff...he was actually worse his 1st week but he made it "better" after the taping was over with...he's gotten better and they've made him be bad lately on the mic but he's not exactly good yet.

PeepShow

WWE.com said:
Judgment Day will be only six days away when Raw returns from north of the border this Monday night, and the Raw Superstars will have one last chance to gain momentum inside Detroit’s Joe Louis Arena.

One individual making his way to the Motor City for Raw is John Cena. Following last week's announcement that the Chain Gang Soldier will clash with JBL at Judgment Day, Cena may be on hand to mix some pre-match words (or fists) with the self-proclaimed "wrestling god."

Since tapping to Cena in the WWE Championship Fatal Four Way Match at Backlash, JBL has taken out his aggression on the likes of Highlander Robbie and DH Smith. Will Cena's return to Raw this week be enough to keep the Longhorn Loudmouth from seeking another victim? Or might JBL want to make Cena that victim, mere days before Judgment Day?

Detroit may be Hockeytown, U.S.A., but this Monday, it could become Blackoutville. For two consecutive weeks, General Manager William Regal has pulled the plug; first, he took Raw off the air two weeks ago in the middle of a Triple H vs. Randy Orton WWE Title Match, and last week, he turned the lights out as Orton battled CM Punk in Toronto.

Regal has shown that he has no qualms about taking Raw off the air if he is disrespected, and WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon (statement). Will our fans in Detroit make it through the full two hours uninterrupted? If they don’t, will those in attendance at “The Joe” shower Regal with the signature squid usually reserved for celebrating a Red Wings hat trick?

Orton and Regal’s number one enemies, WWE Champion Triple H and Mr. Kennedy respectively, did make it through their match last week. Unfortunately, they lost, as Kennedy & The Game had to do battle against the entire ECW roster. To make matters worse for Triple H, he survived a wild post-match melee only to be flattened by an RKO from his Judgment Day opponent. On the way to their Steel Cage showdown, who will get the last laugh? And will Regal throw anything more at Kennedy in response to his besmirching several weeks ago?

Also last week in a WWE Mobile on AT&T exclusive video, a massive match was made for Judgment Day: Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels. The battle between Y2J and HBK has been heating up ever since Michaels’ win over Batista at Backlash. Jericho has accused the Showstopper of faking an injury to win that match; whether he is or he isn’t, HBK’s injury didn’t stop him from teaming with Y2J to defeat WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison last Monday night. With less than a week left before their pay-per-view battle, how will Jericho and Michaels finish their preparations?

Find out all this in more as the final Raw before Judgment Day comes to you live from Detroit, Monday at 9/8 CT on USA Network

Should be a pretty good show. Regal can fuck off if he blacks the arena out again. I can see Regal putting Triple H and Kennedy against each other at some point. So far, the direction of kennedy since coming back hasn't been too bad. Hopefully they don't blow it. Hopefully HBK/Jericho/Batista makes some progress. I'd mark to see Tista on Raw. :eek:

Michael1

Reaction score
I don't see Batista coming to Raw. He has nothing to do with the feud anymore. I do see Jeff Hardy returning and somehow getting involved in the feud. Maybe Jericho has a surprise opponent for the Intercontinental Title. Jeff Hardy returns and beats Jericho after a superkick from HBK and then Jeff Hardy becomes special referee for the match at Judgment Day. Knowing WWE, it probably won't happen, but you never know. All I know is I want Jeff Hardy to return tonight!

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
can see Regal putting Triple H and Kennedy against each other at some point.

I could actually see that happening tonight and I agree, I hope WWE doesn't fuck up on the Kennedy push. Also they need to add Kennedy-Regal to Judgment Day/

The biggest question I have going into Raw tonight is, if Jeff Hardy will return since his 60 days suspension ended yesterday or will the E hold off on it?

I don't see Batista coming to Raw. He has nothing to do with the feud anymore. I do see Jeff Hardy returning and somehow getting involved in the feud. Maybe Jericho has a surprise opponent for the Intercontinental Title. Jeff Hardy returns and beats Jericho after a superkick from HBK and then Jeff Hardy becomes special referee for the match at Judgment Day. Knowing WWE, it probably won't happen, but you never know. All I know is I want Jeff Hardy to return tonight!

Why would you want the same shit that happened at Backlash, happen again this month? It's plain stupid if WWE repeated the same storyline only a month later

MC Rae

Reaction score
I thought RAW was fairly good this week. Not great.

Suprised to see Jeff hardy return, I was expecting it next week, so it was a suprise to me. Of course the crowd popped like crazy when he came out. I'm pretty sure his match with Umaga finished too early? Umaga did look to kick-out and there was a bit of stuttering before Hardy's music came on. Fortunately it didn't look too bad.

Randy's changed his music I see... a long time coming if you ask me, his last music had too much of a face feel in my opinion. But, what the fuck? That new music sucks. Maybe I'll warm to it, I don't know. The main event was okay, it served its purpose. I liked the idea of the cage coming down at the end when HHH and Orton were brawling in the ring.

Oh yeah! Can't wait for Jericho/Michaels at Judgement Day!

kingovkings

Reaction score
I didn't think raw was that good this week didn't really think the main event was all that. Liked hbk and y2j promo but that was about it really. Oh and Jeff came back. I just expected more hype for backlash from the people that are in it, But the only ppl that really hyped a match was hbk and y2j. The main event seemed sloppy and rushed as for the last raw before a ppv it sucked.

Orton's new music is more heel like now but i still prefer the old one tho.

MikeRaw

Wow, Orton changed his music? I had it on low all night for the ME and missed the beggining of the last match... Is it the same song dwith a different arrangement, or something full new>

Also, I like Raw last night. Most matches were good and the promos were pretty good as well. Solid show.