Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Christian

Reaction score
WTF @ regal winning king of the ring. idk but they better go somewhere with this.

and i dont see how theyre turning jericho heel, last night in y2j vs cm punk i didnt hear one "cm punk" cheer, but the whole time i heard "Y2J! Y2J!"

Jericho or MVP shoulda won that shit.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
If ya smeeeeeelllllll what Barack is cookin'! Layeth the smacketh down on all their candidate asses! Rofl.

Rather disappointed that Regal won. Punk winning that would finally get him into the main event on Raw or SD!, where he belongs.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I'm more confused than I am pissed about Regal winning KOTR. Like where the fuck did that come from? I'd imagine this is definitely going somewhere, but I have no idea where. I mean aside from the past 2 weeks Regal isn't even an active wrestler. I don't know, we'll see what happens, I'm not really going to be sold on this idea until I find out what type of storyline.

Overall though I really enjoyed this show, thought it was pretty good from top to bottom. I would have preferred a stronger bottom half bracket of the KOTR, but overall I thought it was good.

John

when will WWE learn, we responded badly to the rose o'donnell v. donald trump match at start of 07 worse than this time. my god, i hate it when people wrestle in suits. it makes the wrestlers who can wrestle look bad. raw this week was an acceptable show 7/10 from me.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Quite honestly I thought the Barack vs. Hillary thing was hilarious and actually a lot better than the Rosie thing last year. Bill Clinton was absolutely histerical. And I'm not just saying this because I like WWE, if it sucked I would say so because last year the Rosie thing sucked. But I personally thought this one was pretty good.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Raw was wicked this week i loved everything about it. the KOTR matches. Bit like wtf when Regal won did not see that happening i had y2j down to win then punk but not regal. I'm intrigued to were they are gonna go with this though because it has to be going somewhere good to make Regal king coz it so doesn't make sense to have an inactive GM KOTR. As for the tag team that was pure mint and the best match of the night for me and best raw in ages.

PS Check out Cody getting some balls on the mic LMAO

fteezy

Reaction score
I kinda have mixed feelings with this weeks RAW.. mainly becuz the King of The Ring Tournament. I really though Ken Kennedy was going to return this week and maybe become KING KENNEDY...I didn't like half the matches that was setup for the Tournament.. putting Hornswoggle in it? Stupid!! Regal winning it? Even dumber. Regal is a great talent but this is long overdue and I think WWE had many of chances to make something out of Regal but never did. I would of liked to see Umaga in the Tournament. But thank you Umaga for saving me atleast from having to watch more of that bullshyt with Barack & Hillary lol! Yes it was entertaining but it was a waste of time that could have been used on Real Talent. I think the lil Promos that the real Obama, Clinton, and McCain was enough.. they didn't need to do a wrestling skit. Although they did take some interesting bumps.. they must be wrestlers. The Main Event was pretty good. Whch capped RAW off in a good way.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I think the thing that summariesed Raw up best was during the Batista promo.

*Batista points at HBK.

Batista: You can point your finger all you want.

*Batista continues to point afterwards at HBK.

MC Rae

Reaction score
^ Hahaha. I noticed and I was like 'WTF?'.

RAW was good this week, I still can't fathom why Regal won the King Of The Ring. Like you've all said, they must be building towards something so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with that. I also noticed CM Punk wasn't cheered much at all in his matches, granted however his first two matches were against Hardy (of the Matt variety) and Chris Jericho (eho seems to be getting cheered more and more as weeks go on). The KOTR wasn't as great as I was expecting overall, it was alright don't get me wrong but seriously, Hornswoggle?

I guess I was holding onto Kennedy returning and winning it to be honest!

The main event was quality, really entertaining, the exchange of finishers at the end was done brilliantly.

C4

The main event was quality, really entertaining, the exchange of finishers at the end was done brilliantly.

I agree, first when I came to know that the Main Event would be an 8 man tag match I was shocked to see how they were going to pull this out and they did it in such a great way.

I didn't ever imagine HHH/Taker/Cena and Kane to be in the same ring as partners. And Cena tags Kane in the match, wow.

Soulpower

See, now my I had just one problem with the main event. Those damn entrances! We got about 10 minutes worth of entrances, and about 5 to 6 minutes of actual wrestling.

I don't like seeing a match being hyped up as one of the biggest in RAW history and before you know it, that BIG match is already over.

MC Rae

Reaction score
See, now my I had just one problem with the main event. Those damn entrances! We got about 10 minutes worth of entrances, and about 5 to 6 minutes of actual wrestling.

That's a fair point actually, the match definately could have standed to be a little longer, when I saw the match advertised at the beginning of the program I immediately thought of how long it would take to get them all in the damn ring (especially with HHH and 'Taker being in the match)! Either way it was a good match and it was part of one of better RAW's we've had for quite some time.

John

bill clinton was the best bit of it all. and roflmao when umaga picked hilary up and she started screaming, the look on her face. barrack, i can smell what your cookin.

the dark knight

sorry i dont have time to read all this, passed midnight and i gotta wake up early in morning...

1) i dont know who's heel and who's face anymore...
2) is it me, or are they trying to make fun of the rock? i dunno..it kinda pissed me off. and i admit i giggled a bit but over all the segments werent funny and wasted my time.
3) WTF is up with regal winning? im pretty sure something's gonna happen but........WTF? i honestly cant think of a good explanation..

HHHforever

Reaction score
^I think the rock thing with Barrack just makes a lot of sense. I've seen picture on the internet that said, "If you smell what Barrack is cooking." So I don't think it's a shot at the Rock, it just rhymes and goes along well.