Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
What's the whole story behind Orton and Regal? Is a match between the two just happening because Regal made the main event a 4 Way instead of keeping it one on one with JBL?

Adampro123

Reaction score
Raw was pretty good tonight. but i hate how londrick momentum got stopped by santino and carlito. well at least they are starting to do stuff with the tag teams. i guess tonight was the start of the break up of cade and murdoch. i think cade could be a big star. but i think raw would be missing a heel tag team in there unless londrick was to turn heel which i could actually see.

anyways raw was pretty good. but has rly dropped off the past 2 weeks but this one was better than last.

Congrats to mickie on winning the womens title too :] and i liked the regal vs orton match and umaga vs y2j was very good. it was also good to see burchill back on raw.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Lance Cade looks like Clay Akins? Seriously, he’s a full blown Clay Akin-a-knight. Raw was pretty sweet this week can’t really complain/bitch about anything, Mickie winning the Women’s Championship was great and guess what? The Fed actually had an Intercontinental Championship match! (I know!)

Solid show over all, and props to WWE making Jericho a tweener he works better in that type of role imho…

Christian

Reaction score
Goddammit Jericho WHY must you be the ref at Backlash? There goes some GM points :( Atleast Santino is #1 contender for the tag champs, Cryme Tyme/Cantino feud???

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Goddammit Jericho WHY must you be the ref at Backlash? There goes some GM points :( Atleast Santino is #1 contender for the tag champs, Cryme Tyme/Cantino feud???

I like jericho as the special ref its a good way to turn batista and jericho heel at the same time.

fteezy

Reaction score
WHAT THA HELL????? MICKIE JAMES WINNING THE WOMEN'S TITLE WAS A MAJOR SHOCK! How tha hell? What tha hell? Who tha hell thought of it? LOL! Man.. I loved Beth as champion.. she was too dominating for the past six months. Mickie winning the Title came out of nowhere - it was like this match was thrown together. I hope Beth didn't get in some kinda trouble to where she had to drop the belt or something because I want to see these two feud. Congrats to Mickie winning the belt.. her & beth are the best performers on the Diva roster..

Adampro123

Reaction score
WHAT THA HELL????? MICKIE JAMES WINNING THE WOMEN'S TITLE WAS A MAJOR SHOCK! How tha hell? What tha hell? Who tha hell thought of it? LOL! Man.. I loved Beth as champion.. she was too dominating for the past six months. Mickie winning the Title came out of nowhere - it was like this match was thrown together. I hope Beth didn't get in some kinda trouble to where she had to drop the belt or something because I want to see these two feud. Congrats to Mickie winning the belt.. her & beth are the best performers on the Diva roster..

well i kinda see what you mean but mickie did win last week and her and beth had a bit of a feud before the playboy story got started where mickie couldn't beat beth and she would cry.

fteezy

Reaction score
well i kinda see what you mean but mickie did win last week and her and beth had a bit of a feud before the playboy story got started where mickie couldn't beat beth and she would cry.

Yeah but I mean like.. nobody knew this match was coming.. like there wasn't really a big story behind it, and with these two being the best female performers, u'd think there would be a big storyline like Trish & Lita would usually have. I just hope they continue this rivalry, and nothing happened for Beth to lose the belt (ie. drug failure, or backstage heat) which i doubt is the case but im just saying, ya'kno?! i wish wwe would try to bring in more divas who can actually wrestle - i mean DO THEY EVEN REALIZE THE TNA KNOCKOUTS ARE KILLING THEM? lol. I'm really not understanding why Neighthart is on Smackdown and not RAW, she's a good in ring performer as well... aslong as Victoria! Newayz.. RAW was great this week "wrestling/performance wise" but not "decision wise". The whole Jericho coming out to Ric Flair's music was a "egh" moment.. suprised they are turning him heel. But this is a good thing becuz that may mean we get to see another HBK vs JERICHO feud from WM 19 in the future?! HBK superkickin Jericho and saying "that felt pretty good" was a classic lol. And is it me or does it seem like WWE are about to be splitting up too many teams... Cade & Murdoch.. I kinda see London & Kendrick breaking up soon aswell.. it seems like Kendrick will be turning heel becuz he's been acting funny weeks before. Morrison & The Miz will end up splitting up sooner or later. Maybe I'm just trippin. And I really dont like how RAW gave us JBL vs HHH.. I felt like that was a highly anticipated match that could have been on a PPV. I honestly feel like that match could have drawn money & thats a match I been wanting to see since 2004, then they just give it to us just like that. I also didn't like how they let Jericho beat Umaga... especially by a pinfall. Maybe Umaga getting disqualified or somthing but I feel like WWE always finds a way of burying Umaga when he could be somthing serious on the brand.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I loved Raw this week its was a pretty solid show throughout.
Mickey champ didn't see that coming, well i did not just yet but was a good match. Y2J/HBK fantastic pure gold, I also like the fact y2j is special ref could be a good way to get the heel turns over for tista and himself if that's the way they are going plus could be a set up for a feud with y2j/hbk which IMO would rock. Orton/Regal good match i like regal in the ring he isn't to bad ring work wise enjoyed it.
HHH/JBL Didn't see that coming either to be honest even though they are going to hype up backlash thought that they would go back and forth with some interferences in each others matches and talking shit to each other till Backlash. And maybe after backlash have the BIG 1 on 1 match that they have never done.
Anyway it was a good match i thought, and another loss or arse kicking or what ever you wanna call it for the so called oh so powerfull,ego hungry Trips. His backstage power and influence cant be working must have wore off DAMN it time to divorce Steph and Marry Vince LMAO ;).
Overall i loved all of Raw this week was mint :)

MC Rae

Reaction score
RAW picked up a little this week (last weeks show was a car crash of a show in my opinion). The Jericho/Michaels thing was odd, I seriously thought Jericho was going to turn full-blown heel right there, it was a cool segment though and I think some interesting things may happen in the Michaels/Batista match at Backlash.

Great seeing Mickie win the title. She deserves it really, the crowd love her and she has ever improving in-ring skills.

Christian said:
Cryme Tyme/Cantino feud???

I think it might end up that way! That could be a hilarious feud.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Great show this week imo. A lot of surprises with the #1 contender for the tag title, Mickie winning the belt, Y2J-Umaga match, the return of the KOTR, etc. Overall it was a very, very good show imo and definitely A LOT better than last week's weak show.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Jericho/Umaga was a great match indeed. I don't know why everyone wants him to turn heel so bad though. Sure, he's a good heel, but we've already seen it. I want a face Kennedy, a face MVP, a heel Jesse + Festus, a heel Cody "Default CAW" Rhodes, etc. Maybe it'd work, maybe it wouldn't, but they'd be something new and interesting to see. Face Jericho still lets him go on NEVER EVEEERRRRR rants and is quite entertaining, so I see no reason to abandon it for something we've already seen a million times. What's next, you want him to spill coffee on Kane again?

HHHforever

Reaction score
Big thumbs down on the idea of a face Kennedy and MVP, they are great heels don't fuck with that. Jericho is great both ways imo. I don't really care if he's heel or face. I think he's down a great job as a face and has really gotten over with the crowd as of late. He's also a great heel. So whatever they do with him is fine with me, he's one of the few that I think can play either role equally well.