Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Here's the preview for tonights Raw..

Title Turmoil
April 7, 2008

Randy Orton has reigned as WWE Champion since October 2007. Nonetheless, his victory in the Triple Threat Match at WrestleMania XXIV over John Cena and Triple H was nothing if not surprising.

Pundits had dismissed his chances of emerging victorious as less than 1-in-5. Yet there he was on Raw last Monday night holding the title aloft for all to see. While there’s little doubt that both Cena and The Game have designs to recapture the gold from the Legend Killer, Orton also seems to have picked up another two more possible contenders for the throne: JBL and a resurgent Matt Hardy.

JBL confronted the reigning WWE Champion and, in typical Layfield fashion, made no bones about his intentions to gun for the title. For his part, Hardy returned to Raw last Monday seeking revenge for a punt to the head that Orton delivered to him shortly after his appendix surgery. In a match between Orton and Hardy, the Legend Killer came out on top that night, but it’s unlikely that anyone has heard the last of Hardy.

Can Orton really fend off every Superstar he has gunning for him? Is the “Age of Orton” on borrowed time?

And how exactly will Shawn Michaels respond after the roller coaster ride of emotion he’s been on recently? First, he ends the career of his dear friend, Ric Flair, at WrestleMania, then, the following night, Flair forgives him for sending him into retirement.

Exactly how spent is The Showstopper, and how much will it affect him in the ring?

In other Raw action, Santino Marella just can’t seem to let go of his ex-girlfriend, Maria. The Italian Stallion felt the need last Monday night to challenge Maria to an Anything Goes Match, thinking he could exact some measure of revenge for their split. Unfortunately for Marella, the Playboy cover girl was fueled by anger, and with the rest of WWE’s gorgeous Divas fueled by Santino’s big mouth, it was the Italian export who found himself on the losing end of a bunny beat down.

After suffering the ultimate humiliation at the manicured hands of Maria and the Divas, have we heard the last of the jealous ex, or will the Italian Stallion be back for more?

in santino's case, they just wanted the fans to get some laughs at the first man ever to wrestle in the divas division. no heel-building here....

He's not the first male wrestler to face a women (and isn't the first to job to a women wrestler), and most likely won't be the last.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Why dident cenas name come up in the wwe championship match lol. It would be great if he had a fued with someone else.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Pretty good Raw not better then last week's imo but still good the only thing I didn't understand was the two handicap matches. Why didn't they just have a tag match between Trips & Cena/JBL & Orton and just keep the normal stips, if HHH and Cena won they're in...

Two more matches added to the Backlash card:

Fatal-Four Way match for the WWE Championship:
Randy Orton © vs. John Cena vs. Triple H vs. John 'Bradshaw' Layfield

and Shawn Michaels vs. Batista (this is confirmed on wwe.com)

Also it looks as if Mickie will be back in the Women's title hunt which will be great, because you know, She can actually wrestle.

The Rated R CMStar

They always do this, Mickie is the go to Diva. After the Ashley debacle, who feuded Melina? When Candice got injured, who feuded Beth?

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Can someone please remind me why Ashley still has a job with WWE? I mean she’s been there since 2005 and her in-ring abilities are still horrible. Plus on top of that, she always seems to hurt herself.

MC Rae

Reaction score
RAW was really average this week in my opinion. The handicap matches weren't particularly great (epsecially Cena's), I don't like handicap matches anyway though, so that probably contributed to my disliken for it.

I was impressed however that WWE have (in the second week in a row) put TWO tag matches on RAW, it looks to me like they're trying to fix what is an awfully under-utilised divison. Great news.

Oh and Randy Orton continues to really improve. I'm liking that guy more and more.

PeepShow

Oh and Randy Orton continues to really improve. I'm liking that guy more and more.

Most def :y:

But yeah, Raw wasn't terrible this week, but not as good as I was expecting. JBL's boobs gave me a laugh, again. Him just sliding into the ME scene again for no apparent reason is a laugh in and of itself. And oh, where the fuck was Kennedy? :n:

noumenon

They have nothing to do with Kennedy right now.....
OH YEAH! Besides the painfully obvious option of having him feud with Y2J for the IC title instead of having it lay stagnent around yet another person's waist. My guess is they go the horrible route that no one wants to see and have him run a program with Finlay or some shit eventually being revealed as Vince's real son. ugh....

Seriously, people need to start some "WEAR A BRA" chants for JBL.

Finally they're making Orton look like a champion. My guess is that he either retains or drops it to HHH at Backlash. At this point I'm honestly thinking more along the lines of retaining.

Tag team matches...wow....absolutely in awe..lol

Dave Bautista

Reaction score
I don't like tooting my own horn, but... That promo I had with Shawn Michaels stole last night's show, much like our match will do at Backlash.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
And oh, where the fuck was Kennedy?

Isn't he still filming that movie ? I know that's the reason he wasn't on Raw the weeks leading up to 'Mania.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Raw was terrible this week. Nothing about it entertained me one fucking bit. This Raw was soo fucking bad I'm almost completely turned off.

now that it's playoff season (NHL) There's no way in hell i'll be missing a game to watch Raw. that's for fucking sure.

On a related note, I loathe babyface booking. That should explain why I hated Raw.

PeepShow

Raw was terrible this week. Nothing about it entertained me one fucking bit. This Raw was soo fucking bad I'm almost completely turned off.

now that it's playoff season (NHL) There's no way in hell i'll be missing a game to watch Raw. that's for fucking sure.

On a related note, I loathe babyface booking. That should explain why I hated Raw.

Pretty much. The only thing I found myself able to watch was the Highlight Reel. That was really the only thing that entertained me tbqh.

HHHforever

Reaction score
It was an average show, no doubt about that, but I don't think it was quite as bad as that Colin. It served it's purpose of setting up for Backlash and giving us the title match there. They actually built up the Tag Division a lot which was nice to see. But again I'm not saying it was great by any means, it was just average, we'll see what happens next week. Batista-HBK has definitely peaked my intereest though.

Dave Bautista

Reaction score
Batista-HBK has definitely peaked my intereest though.

You're welcome!