Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Enigma22

Reaction score
just throwin this out there for anyone who cares. jeff hardy basically has to be number 1 on the top 25 this week. i just think its cool lol.

Enigma22

Reaction score
haha carlito is the one who "swaps spit with men who dont want to be cool." haha santino is awesome

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Let me be the first to say "Shut the hell up, Ric Flair, dear sweet mother of god just shut up." Worst five minutes of RAW history, Flair on that microphone mispronouncing words and generally, as Peter Griffin would put it, insisting upon himself. Ugh. *throws up in mouth a little*

And rofl at Santino and Carlito. The perfect tag team. XD

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
Let me be the first to say "Shut the hell up, Ric Flair, dear sweet mother of god just shut up." Worst five minutes of RAW history, Flair on that microphone mispronouncing words and generally, as Peter Griffin would but it, insisting upon himself. Ugh. *throws up in mouth a little*

And rofl at Santino and Carlito. The perfect tag team. XD

your defiantly tripping on acid if you think Flair's promo was the worst 5min in raws history. i thought it was a good promo

Vince sitting in the ring corner for 15 mins was a hell of a lot worse then ric flair promo. plus we have already seen crazy vince once this year we didnt need to see it again.

HBKristen

Reaction score
your defiantly tripping on acid if you think Flair's promo was the worst 5min in raws history. i thought it was a good promo

Vince sitting in the ring corner for 15 mins was a hell of a lot worse then ric flair promo. plus we have already seen crazy vince once this year we didnt need to see it again.

YES. i usually have higher expectations of scheduled events after PPVs. i had higher hopes for tonight, but it was just like watching vince take 80 years to walk to his limo before it blew up. we've seen this, thanks.

MC Rae

Reaction score
Urgh. That whole opening segment with Vince took 40 minutes and was painfully boring.

Luckily the show picked up later on. I actually enjoyed Flair's promo, although granted his mis-pronounciation of words gets annoying and it was perhaps a little long-winded. I loved the Santino/Carlito thing and the main event was very entertaining, Jeff Hardy is fantastic and fully deserves his current push.

jrock210

Reaction score
I hope Jeff gets the title. The wanna be serial killer Randy Orton is terrible with the mic skills. Improve his mic skills then give him a title shot...

kingovkings

Reaction score
well raw was ok this week nothing flash best matches were HBK/Kennedy and HHH/Flair i thought that this match was a good back and forth match but the stip if trips didnt win he would notbe in rumble caught me by surprise With jeff getting title match against orton i had trips down to win the rumble so im kinda shocked that he aint gunna b in the rumble at all. all i can assume is that he wants his title shot at mania i also think that this will b the start of his heel turn he now regal screwed him out of the rumble. Each week i think he will tease bits of his heel side returning until he goes into full heel mode in a few months

CenaMark54

I hope Jeff gets the title. The wanna be serial killer Randy Orton is terrible with the mic skills. Improve his mic skills then give him a title shot...

Mic skills seem important to you, yet you think they should put the title on Jeff Hardy?

That doesn't make much sense to me.

MTG

Reaction score
well raw was ok this week nothing flash best matches were HBK/Kennedy and HHH/Flair i thought that this match was a good back and forth match but the stip if trips didnt win he would notbe in rumble caught me by surprise With jeff getting title match against orton i had trips down to win the rumble so im kinda shocked that he aint gunna b in the rumble at all. all i can assume is that he wants his title shot at mania i also think that this will b the start of his heel turn he now regal screwed him out of the rumble. Each week i think he will tease bits of his heel side returning until he goes into full heel mode in a few months

I feel that someway he's going to get into the rumble anyways, maybe by doing something for vince. Hopefully not though

kingovkings

Reaction score
i dont think he will do anything for vince he may interfere in a match or pop up somewere but as for helping vince nah not yet maybe when he turns heel but not while he is face. plus something that got me thinking b4 his match with flair. HHH aint on the ad's for rumble which made me think top star and not on ad for a big ppv seems weird

PeepShow

Review and Thoughts on last Monday's Raw

Its not very long, but I just thought Id give my thoughts about this past Monday's Raw. If you want to put it in the review section of the Raw discussion thread, go ahead, I just thought it wasn't quite long enough to be in the review section, and too detailed to go in the discussion thread.

This Raw was really pretty good tbh. It was one that I actually found a lot more positives than negatives. The opening match between Kennedy and HBK was freaking awesome imo. Great way to open it up and great to see Kennedy get the win.

The next match just wasn't needed at all. This was the worst part of the night. I mean seriously, why have Umaga against Hacksaw? I know they needed to take up TV time, but it's not like they are going to have 29 other RR qualifying matches, so why have this squash match? Just put him in the match. Doesn't make sense to me.

Then we see a badass RR commerical....lol. That was seriously, kickass.

Next we had more fireworks than the whole city of Chicago uses the whole damn year when JBL came out. He starts saying he will own everything then KYJ comes out and they start having a catfight. Pretty boring to say the least. I was still glad to see JBL back though. I hope he fucks up KJY good

Next was a triple threat match for the womens title between Mickie, Melina, and Beth. I was really rooting for Mickie so bad. Not a bad match though. There were quite a few botches though. To be expect though. Beth wins with a Fishermans suplex.

The Horny/Regal part was pretty useless imo, especially after you see the ending of the show. After the show, it didn't really make much sense considering what he did. I guess Regal is just more compassionate to the smaller folk

Next we got Santino against Jeff Hardy. Pretty solid until Orton interrupts and beats up Matt backstage which leads to a no finish. Not a bad way to end the match imo. That was on of the better way they have done a no finish in a long time.

Finally we have Trips against Flair. If Trips looses in any way, he doesn't get into the RR match. If Flair looses, of course he is gone. I loved the match itself, and then of course, the ill-fated, DQ when Regal comes down and hits Flair with the brass kucks. I knew it was bound to happen, but I just don't get it. Are they going to do this with every guy he faces. I mean, its going to be boring seeing count outs and DQs.

Anyways, it was a very solid show imo. It kept me on the edge of my seat for the most part. They haven't really done that too me much lately. I hope they can keep it up Id share my thoughts about this past Monday's Raw.

Thoughts?

jrock210

Reaction score
Mic skills seem important to you, yet you think they should put the title on Jeff Hardy?

That doesn't make much sense to me.

Neither have great mic skills. In fact this story line is the first time I've heard Jeff talk in front of the crowd....
I like Jeff ecause he's creative and can use his skills to be the "underdogs"

I hope the best for the buisness....Will Jeff still hold the Intercontinental title if he beats Randy?