Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

darkbob

Reaction score
Character isnt enough to get you over. The fans liked him and they rode it as long as they could. Hell Boogey got a win over fucking JBL a few times, he got a push. But he has a gimmick, not a character, there is a huge difference. Glacier had a gimmick, Warrior had a character. One was World Champion, one wasnt....
so was undertaker in the begining, but he wasnt given up on, he was played up, you could do so much with boogey the possibities are endless. and about Kane and the mask being better, thats one of the reasons you get to pick from him in the latest wrestling video games.

Reaction score
Ok im going to try to do this one while its still fresh in my mind. Kinda zoned in and out all night, not to mention im just getting tired of seeing things make no sense.

Pros:
-Beer Truck makes his long awaited return!
-DX sorta funny still.
-….Sorry I can’t think of anymore.

Cons:
-All heels job and get embarrassed.
-Hardy video gives me the feeling he is going to get a title shot?!?
-The Jericho, break the code crap needs to stop!

Ok so this was the highly anticipated return of Austin and DX and in the end was ok. I say ok because DX was the same old bullshit we have seen earlier in the year like pre Triple H injury. Im personally sick to death of DX, not only the fact their brand of comedy is childish but also because they are all baby faces when the original DX was a heel stable. I mean you aren’t going to see say a Evolution comeback as baby faces. Austin was more entertaining to me at least, Marella did help with it but I never expected Maria to get showered in beer. So in the Austin segment we get our laughs and the long awaited return of the Beer Truck. Marella and Maria sold the shower the best of their ability and I bet this was one step closer to a dream come true for everyone who loves Maria. On a side note I still need to see the Condemned.

The video packages and all the celebrities in attendance was overkill. Jamie Kennedy, Tom Green, one of the singers of ZZ top and some other dude were in attendance. Of course all to hype the returns of DX and Austin. The video packages of Hardy and Jericho at the moment I could care less and now im just getting annoyed. First the Hardy video, to me this is just pointing to a big push for him and possibly a WWE Championship shot. Not to mention Roof Tops is a year or two old, just seeing the video made me remember a better time. A time when things weren’t choreographed and actually still looks cool all these years later…the TLC matches im talking about.
As for the Jericho video, im sick and freaking tired of seeing it. Now it says break the code and Armageddon in the video! I say screw it, he is messing with us and will return when he wants. WWE says that it got leaked but we have all decoded each video each week and now WWE cant surprise us so they are going to postpone his return till whenever.

I guess tonight was officially baby face night on Raw. Lets see who jobbed tonight? Kennedy, Finlay, Carlito sorta, Orton, Umaga, Marella, WGTT and Coach. Its just sad when the entire night not a single heel picks up a win nor any momentum. After seeing tonight’s episode I can say that this may have been a test by WWE to see how a removal of the brand system would work. Plus seeing the showcase between Duggin and Super Crazy was just embarrassing, the crowd wasn’t even digging it hell I could hear crickets…wait that was the dozen in attendance actually trying to be cool and chanting! Also to make matters worse is WWE actually trying to give Snitsky a push again???

Im just glad that WWE acknowledged Fabulous Moolah and gave her a good tribute. Even if it wasn’t as sad or had as much a impact as Eddies, it was very well deserved and showcased all her achievements and accolades. I just wonder how Mae Young is holding up seeing as how they were true friends in real life.

R.I.P. Mary Lillian Ellison (July 22, 1923 – November 2, 2007)

darkbob

Reaction score
i rather enjoyed raw last night better than most raws and some ppvs.
highlights for me was getting to see one of the more original characters boogeyman, im a fan of the old school DX and would say that they were not heels ever just anti-heros with a childish twist. They did mean things but were very ENTERTAINING something wwe of late has lacked. DX was liked by more people than disliked, meant to come off as heels but were too likable, they did and said what we all were thinking in the mean childish part of our minds, which was very likable. The DX that assembled last night i would love to see a good run of, what a mix.

Its funny how i dont give a crap about triple H or HBK but when they become DX there instantly likable and im a big fan.

Kennedy is a classic heel, love that style, just needs to be a little more dirty and he could really be great.

Umaga he could go either way as far as heel/face, he is more interesting than most.

Soulpower

I guess I'm gonna give my thoughts on the show.

The opening segment was pretty good, but it lacked Khali doing crotch chops. I did like the mention of Katie Vick, the creative team and and the writers strike in a span of about 10 seconds. And by the way... I HATE THE IDEA OF A HORNSWOGGLE/KHALI MATCH. It'll make for a cool visual when they're both in the ring, but its not something that should be on a PPV.

lol at Tom Green and Luke Perry being celebrities, I mean.. COME ON!

I hated seeing Beth vs Kelly, but at least it shows some continuity which we don't see a lot of nowadays and was a squash. I know Candice Michelle is hurt, but does this mean Beth won't feud with anyone else until Candice is back?

ZOMG! Its Kaos! And he got squashed by Snitsky. I can't believe how far Carlito has fallen, though I did notice some cheers for Snitsky once he hit Carlito with the Big Boot... Maybe there's hope for Snitsky yet >_>. The video package for Jeff Hardy was great and it made Jeff look like a big-time player on RAW.

Rey-Jeff vs Kennedy-Finlay was great and I would have loved the have seen the match get even more time. Finlay and Kennedy were great together working over Rey's leg which Mysterio sold for the most part. Jeff got the hot tag, his all his signature moves, the faces won and the fans were happy... All while delivering some good wrestling. See, its not that hard, Vince!

The Santino-Austin promo was good stuff for the most part. Santino continues to steal the show with his comments and Austin did the usual. I know that the "Network Execs" have been clamoring for the older stars, but did they need to go back to 98 with the beer truck? I will say this, Maria+shitload of beer on her=BOING!!!!

Just a passion mention, but except for Khali vs Hornswoggle, Survivor Series is looking like an outstanding show on paper.

Cody "Default CAW" Rhodes vs Trevor Murdoch was just what happens when a CAW goes out without high stats. It was bland, it was just there and the tag champs deserve better. And by the way, how come The Highlanders didn't come out this week? Do they only attack every two weeks? So much for that continuity I mentioned.

The video package for Moolah was well done and she deserved it... RIP, Moolah!

WOW!! Talk about not getting over! Duggan-Crazy vs WGJTT was terrible. Once again Haas and Benjamin job to a makeshift team and I don't know why this match happened. This did nothing for me nor did it do anything for the fans in attedance.

The ME delivered with my only gripe being over the finish of the match. First off, props to Lawler for remembering that Orton had scored a victory over DX in the past (At last year's CS with Edge as his partner). On to the finish. Orton got Superkicked... again! Orton's reign so far has not been much that much better than his run in 04. Randy's been made to look inferior to Shawn week in and week out and he really needs to do something to make him look like a credible champ once again.

All in all, it was a good show (I give it a thmbs up), but I will say this. Though its good that they want to try and emulate the Attitude Era, WWE needs to stay away from completely ripping it off.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I'd just like to say, i'm getting sick of no other superstar getting any meaningful amount of camera time now that Triple H and Shawn Michaels are back. The only other wrestling-related storyline on RAW right now is Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly pulling something eerily similar to Carlito and Ric Flair. Randy Orton wasn't even mentioned outside of the beginning of commercial breaks until the final match, and he didn't even speak. He and Umaga have gone from main event performers to faceless jobbers, all because the guy Vince's daughter married is back.

RAW has so much talent hired, and yet they choose to waste all their air time on Stone Cold with a hose of water... uh, I mean 'beer', putting talentless fat guys back in the ring (take that as a reference to Ric Flair on Smackdown as well), and Hornswoggle. :nonono:

the dark knight

raw sucked balls. i dont even wanna talk about it....

it was funny for like 3 mins, thats all.

kingovkings

Reaction score
hmm well IMO raws was pretty good all the matches were good apart frm cody's and duggan/crazy's i realy cant see the point in duggan/crazy the crowd were silent almost so that needs 2 come to an end soon,jeff/rey vs kennedy/finlay was good match jeff/rey wrk good 2gether. jeff's video package was mint looks like he may be gunna get a big push. dx lets see 1st 4ppl that want 2 see the old origanal dx aint gunna happen 1st hbk is totally diff person now than he was then he has kids and god now so he is limited to what he can do and say, 2nd they av never been heels as pointed out above, and they are gunna keep doing the stuff they do now and pre hhh injury so get used to it noone is forcing u to watch. 3rd this for all trips haters why is it every time hhh pisses any1 off or they wanna av a pop they always bring up the fact he is with steph and thats why he gets 2 do what he wants he was on his way to big things and superstar status b4 he hooked up with steph and as 4 him hoggin air time jeff and hbk getting more than trips

Ballin

Reaction score
I forgot to add, remember when Austin corrected Santio that was funny. Some people just cant enjoy much, who cares if it was water that would be way too much beer to "waste". it was funny the whole night. I think TWGTT shouldve won, and Murdoch should've beat Default CAW Cody Rhodes.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Hey, i'm not saying the Stone Cold segment wasn't amusing, but when it's coupled with a combined hour of D-X, it just kills RAW. It it too much to ask to only have ONE overly long time wasting segment and filling the rest of the show with storyline development and promos for, you know, wrestling?

Jericholic

Reaction score
I was hoping Stone Cold would actaully come back for good, and DX is getting old, just go back to normal HHH and HBK.

Reaction score
I liked the hardy match very good but I think rey was on it so they could see what he would be like on raw as the head writer apparently wants him on raw

Ballin

Reaction score
Hey, i'm not saying the Stone Cold segment wasn't amusing, but when it's coupled with a combined hour of D-X, it just kills RAW. It it too much to ask to only have ONE overly long time wasting segment and filling the rest of the show with storyline development and promos for, you know, wrestling?

Yeah, i understand now. It wouldnt been all that great for the people there cause' there was alot of talking, y'know