Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

Ok now I was watching last week's raw replay and I know this is a week old, but well here's my opinion. Khali is actually more athletic than I thought he was. The match with Hardy he delivered a few quick punches and a high kick. Now I'm wondering if Khali is really that bad a wrestler or is it a gimmick.

Also, the last match for Sandman was against Santino and he was clearly drunk and botched a move that led to Santino ending the match early. He was also in the ring as one of the possibilities as Vince's illegimitate son and couldn't walk properly. Maybe this was why he was fired.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
Ah....I think we might see Kennedy win after some interference from Orton.

I'm actually looking forward to HHH-Vince just to see how it plays out. I'd expect we might see some interference from Kennedy and Umaga.

Also looking forward to how the feud with Orton/Cena continues to play out. Should be a pretty good show tonight.

PeepShow

Well, this had to be the worst Raw in quite some time. I know I rag on it a lot, but come one, this was lame as hell. The opening segment was complete shit. I mean, isnt that supposed to kick off the show with a bit of a bang? O boy, what a way to kick it off than to have 3 cumstains in the ring and then have Umanga come out and just beat them up. Man, that sure was entertaining.......So Umanga is back. I heard he is facing Triple H at the PPV in 6 days. Has their been any buildup for that match? Hmmmmm, I wonder whats going to happen in the Vince/Trips match......:g:

Then we had a 6 man tag that was very average at best. Damn, I tried not to bring TNA into this disscusion, but I just had to. I mean seriously, you guy rag on how long iMPACTs matches are, I think that 6 man tag just went about 3-4 min.

Then we had Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly. I boy, a rematch from last week. Dont you people complain about TNA not pushing the right stars? Just wondering about that. I think you get the picture of who wins here.........AGAIN.

Then you had Trips/Vince and Carlito is the special ref. I wonder whos gunna win this one? AGAIN? Anyways, ya, Carlito disqualifies Trips after he attacks him and Vince gets the win. Then Umanga starts in on Trips and Carlito interjects so that the rivalry will be set for No Mercy and that nobody will have the "advantage"

Next up is Mickie James/Melina. Prolly one of the better matches of the night, if not the best. I mean, I really didnt know who was going to win and aside from Horny taking Melinas clothes, it wasnt that bad of a match. When your

And last but not least, your ME. When I heard that Kennedy was coming back earlier in the afternoon, I was hoping, maybe, just maybe they would have something with him involving Vince or Horny, but no, they made him tap to the most un-credible submissionist out there. It just honestly made no sense and just left me shaking my head. Aside from that, Orton comes out and takes out Cena and he basically has already "won the title". Hmmm, so hes not going to. Ok, thanks for the heads up JR and King.

The promos were sam old same old, and hell, they were even more entertaining than the matches IMO. I mean, when your womens match is like the best one out there, thats not a good thing. Anyway, feel free to comment on it

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
I agree that it was stupid to have Orton look so dominant when it probably does give away the finish of the Last Man Standing Match. Maybe he'll beat Cena, and Cena will have the excuse of being brutalized 6 days before the show. We'll have to see how that plays out. Either way, it was totally awesome to see Orton just destroy Cena.

I disagree with the Holly/Rhodes comment. It seems that they are playing up a respect angle here and it only makes sense for Holly to go over again. Rhodes will get the win next week and it will mean something. I like the way this is going with Rhodes trying to prove himself.

The 6-man tag was very short, but there were some nice spots in it. (London's crazy SSP off the ring apron).

The opening statement was stupid. I would have much rather seen Vince beat these guys up than Umaga. The Vince/HHH match was as expected. Carlito was made to look like a tool when HHH wasn't even pinned off of his finisher. At least he was able to disqualify HHH and that led to Umaga coming out. I'm actually looking forward to this match at No Mercy. Sure, Triple H is going to go over, but I liked what I saw from these two in the ring. Seemed to interact pretty well.

Overall, not a really bad show, and I'm looking forward to No Mercy just to see how the Last Man Standing turns out. I'd expect it to be a MOTY candidate and I'm holding out hope that Orton will walk out with the strap.

LKP

Raw was about 6/10 overall. Opening segment sucked ass and my nan could have wrote it. How about having vince take the 3 fat cunts out? And then umaga comes out to kill them even more? At least vince kicking asss would have been funny. The womens match was ok actually i love melina :). The 6 man tag was ok short but ok nice spots though. Carlito as the ref was predictable but same old thing i have seen before. Umaga came out and beat up hhh back and forth until mr sledgehammer came out. Duh i didnt see that coming. Cena vs kennedy was alright the ending sucked with kennedy tapping out. But at least kennedy injured cena. Then orton came out in which i really expecting then i looked at the time and thought yea it makes sense to early for raw to finish yet. Nice beatdown and rko on the table then orton counting to ten was cool. Mind you the regal bkstage segments with hornswaggle were funny. But raw needs to ahve a match up where it last 10-15 minutes and tells a story. But no 5-8 minute matches we get. Are the wwe right in doing this with cena match up him being injured?

PeepShow

I agree OIG w/ the Holly/Rhodes angle, but I just dont like those types of things. It was kinda like the Richards/Thorn shit from a month ago. Its just boring.

I dont see how you can even give that a 6/10 Punk. I mean, this is honestly a kid oriented show. I mean, it has been for some time, but not like this. A 3/10 is even respectable for me, but thats my opinon.

LKP

Yes i agree but it wasnt all that bad it had its funny moments in it. WWE needs hbk and y2j right now wether they are both on raw or what ever. WWE's No mercy event this sunday will be a good one i think its the calm before the storm.

PeepShow

Yep, No Mercy should be great. A draw in the Main Event should be very enjoyable.

AND THE RIVALRY CONTINUES........AGAIN

LKP

Yeah after this No mercy ppv i can see raw going with hhh vs orton and taker vs khali vs henry vs batista.

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
RAW didn't have much wrestling at all tonight....with that being said, the show suffered but wasn't downright awful. We got a lot of build toward the PPV which is what the RAW before the PPV is suppose to do.

Also, I thought Umaga was about to take a sledgehammer shot and no-sell it. That would have been CRAZY. I wish their match for No Mercy would have been made NO DQ. These guys could put on one hell of a hardcore match.

MTG

Reaction score
I could see Rhodes pinning Holly 2 or three weeks ina row which leads to them teaming together. Like playing out the whole respect angle like they did with carlito and flair.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I thought they shouldn't have given away Cena/Kennedy (first time ever) on free television, thats just a crack pot decision,should'a been a ppv, I mean didn't they sort of give away Orton/Cena back in the spring? Why are they giving away all this big money matches on free television....just a bad decision.
the rest of the show wasn't that awful, not good, but watchable.
actually it kinda felt like watching tna, I'm not talking shit about tna, I'm just saying Raw&Tna are sort of tough to seperate nowadays considering they both put on three 2minute matches a night and a shit load of backstage promos. Whatever, I don't know.