Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
^ He is serious, I didn't believe it at first either.

I'll bet you Cena and Candice end up winning anyway, lol.

Great One

Thank you WWE... Orton is finally in the title picture vs. Cena and I called it.

And damn... that was a good night for Orton, if you think about it... so much heat, he's definitely over now for the title.

Truth

Reaction score
Great Raw.

It set up a few feuds for Summerslam and I really liked that. First it started with a good promo with King and King. I'm guessing those two have some type of king gimmick match at Summerslam.

The diva match i didnt see, but the sandman tag match wass bad. I liked the aftermath though with Carlito spitting in Lashleys face and then Lashley attacking him. That should be an interesting feud and with Lashley finally good in the ring, it should be a good match at the PPV.

I gotta say I loved the "star of the night will be No.1 Contender" and how they played it. As the night progressed they did swerve after swerve. Would it be Carlito? Nope Lashley comes in. Would it be Orton? Dont think so, he'll probably face Cody at Summerslam since Cody will want revenge. Will it be Kennedy? Nope he lost, Jeff? Nope he came in during the ME to attack Umaga. How bout Snitsky? Luckily not. It ended up being Orton who will most likely, after a great feud and hopefully good match win the title.

samborambo

Reaction score
If they are booking Orton as the number 1, heel, Where would this leave HHH as he is a far better heel than a face, And Cena pretty much has the top face position (Unless the film thing is true and he is taking time off)

3lions

Reaction score
Triple H will play the face, Orton the heel and Cena will be a tweener. That's what I'm thinking anyway. With all the hype about his return, there is no way Triple H will be booed.

As for Raw, what a great Raw (compared to recently). Everything was fine with me about the show (on the whole) and did everything it had to.

Matches:

- Diva's tag: typical Women's match, which was mainly designed to further the Maria/Santino relationship. Btw, what's with every face Diva using the bulldog ...

- Carlito/Regal vs Sandman/Hacksaw: Poor match, but did what it had to: set up Carlito for Lashley. I am a fan of Carlito and am really liking his push, even if he is to be fed to Lashley. It is about time Carlito got a push, he has potential to be a top guy in WWE for years to come. Lashley dominating Carlito was also a great way for Lashley to get some heat back after his loss to Cena.

- L&K/WGTT: Very good, but short, tag match. I love the chemistry these two teams have and the finish was booked great. One problem I have, is that L&K were SD! Tag Champs for almost a year, yet they come to Raw and are being dominated by Raw jobbers? Raw> SD! I guess ...

- Orton/Cody: Very good squash match. Cody looks good in defeat and Orton is made to look like the vicious heel. Great stuff.

- Cena/Candice vs Umaga/C&M: Not a great match, but Jeff's run-in got the crowd hyped and helped save the match. I knew everyone was over-reacting when this match was announced, but it helped set up two major title feuds for Summerslam, so served its purpose.

Angles:

Already mentioned most of them:
- Lashley/Carlito was set up
- Orton/Rhodes feud ends, he is made to look like vicious heel
- Cena/Orton was set up
- Jeff/Umaga was set up

Over-all, a very well booked and effective Raw.

7/10.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
man, why do they keep having the whole Lawler/Booker king thing start out the show every time.Its like 2weeks in a row now.
And with Kennedy being jobbed...What The F**k!!!
Can't they just have Kennedy win "A" match. I mean losing to supercrazy & jeff hardy in the time period of 4weeks is really a hell of a way to lose a lotta credibility. and now Orton's the No.1 Contender and is probably gonna get the belt, only so Triple H can squash Orton's momentum and championship reign again, just because Triple H wants his feud to be special.

Reaction score
WWE Raw (9-11:06p) averaged a 3.37 cable rating, with a 2.43 in
M18-49, a 2.47 in M18-34 and an average audience of 4.6 million
viewers.

Compared to the prior four weeks, WWE was down -6% in HH, -10% in M18-49, -10% in M18-34 and -6% in average audience.

These were the lowest M18-49 and M18-34 ratings for Raw since
rejoining the USA lineup in October '05.

Credit: Gerweck
Hopefully the WWE realise what is happening with Cena champion and winning the ME in his last 10 PPV's straight. Orton please break that chain

The Rated R CMStar

Well I prefer Triple H "wanting" an special feud for the title and becoming champion than see Cena break Hogan's 4 year title reign record. Hopefully HHH wins it and remains face, so we can have a Cena turn and a feud with Kennedy, then lost it to Kennedy.

Soulpower

Scheduled for tonight's RAW is a match between King Booker and Jerome Lawler... The match may not be that good, but the fact is Booker's been on fire on the mic for the past couple of weeks.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I can't wait til September 10th, when RAW comes to Green Bay,Wisconsin, only a few hours drive down southeast and I'm there.
Anyways If King Booker wins and beats up Jerry Lawler at the beginning of the show,will that mean J.R. will be doing commentary with Todd Grishom(hopefully not.) or will Ross be flying solo.?

Switchy

Reaction score
I reckon HHH's music will hit in the middle of the match which distracts Booker and King gets the roll up.

Montana

Greatest Raw Ever!!!! Just kidding, but it was pretty damn sweet to have Carlito beat Cena and Kennedy beat Lashley. All in All, i thought they used all their roster really well tonight. Marella looks like he's going heel. RHodes picked up a win, with yet another new pair of tights. Cryme Tyme won. Great Opening segment with some "attitude"

Action: 4/5

Big matchups, but the quality of wrestling wasn't that great. A justified 4/5 i think.

Promos 4/5

Great, except i probably would have put Randy Orton in more of an important role, in this show. I thought the show would be Orton/Cena center, but it really wasnt

Entertainment 4/5

Entertaining indeed. Big matchups mixed with jobber matches.

Overall 4/5

Better than the average raw. Probably top 5 of the year.

Soulpower

Just so you guys know, Lashley apparently has a torn-rotator cuff which explains some of the booking moves last night.

The opening segment was among the best of the year, it was actually among the best we've seen in a while. All three men (Cena,Kennedy and Carlito) were on fire on the mic and got the fans (and viewers) pumped up for the show.

The women's match was sloppy and JR couldn't tell the difference between Jillian and Beth Phoenix. I did enjoy the segment after the match with Umaga destroying Santino again. Umaga a face? It seems by default he is, and as we all know, the two sweetest words in th English language are de-fault.

Booker continues to deliver on the mic with yet another promo and I'll admit.... Everytime he calles Lawler, Jerome, I have to bust out laughing. The Rhodes promo was there to set up his match and so far Cody continues to impress on the mic and in the ring. The Orton promo was also done to set up his match against Slaughter. And who did Orton beat at when he won the WHC? I can't remember for the life of me.

Rhodes vs Daivari was a good match. I don't want to assume anything, but Daivari looked.... well, to say the least. Cody looked good in the ring and he got the fans behind him. I will sya this, as of now Cody's moveset seems about as generic as it can be, but that will change with time.

Kennedy vs Lashley was a good match, albeit a bit short, but now that we know of Lashley's injury, we know why the match went the way it did. For as much flak as the bookers get (including a ton by myself) I have to give them some props for putting Kennedy over strong and giving Bobby a ready-made feud until his return.

Snitsky..... Next!

Apparently HHH will return better than before and we know what that means... (CoughSTEROIDSCough). Booker vs Lawler was what it was and Lawler got the win via DQ which doesn't hurt Booker all that much. My guess is that this is settled at Summerslam when Lawler wins due to HHH's help.

The Cryme Tyme squash was just that and although their "auction" was entertaining it went on waaaay to long.

Orton vs Slaughter... *Sigh* Chinlock, RKO, Punt to the face. Guess who won the match? (Hint:It was Randy Orton).

Carlito vs Cena was good and I liked the story about Cena not taking Carlito as a serious threat... Until Carlito got the win (thanks to Randy's sissy fit on the apron) and spat on Cena's face. Now all of a sudden we have Orton, Carlito and Kennedy all with a case to wrestle Cena for the title. They managed to give a good rub to two young guys in one day... Why don't they do this all the time?

Before the Lashley injury, I was thinking Orton was going to beat Cena for sure. Now, with Carlito and Kennedy seemingly in the title hunt... maybe Cena won't lose the belt just yet. And a random thought. Make a stable with Orton, Kennedy and Regal and have them go around kicking people in the head. Their name.... RKO!

Since I'm a lazy bathturd, I'll just "borrow" Montana's little rating system.

Action:4 out of 5
Promos:4 out of 5
Entertainment:5 out of 5
Overall:4.5 out of 5

One of the best RAW episodes since the buildup to Wrestlemania. Makes you wonder why RAW isn't this good all the time.

samborambo

Reaction score
RAW has stepped up the gear's lately, And is starting to look the quality show it was before. The title pic is looking great and with HHH back will Improve even more. For the first time in a while I feel optimistic about the next few months. Is the WWE back on track? RAW looking good, ECW improving.. Just waiting on SD

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Raw was awesome yesterday..It really stepped up it's game.i was impressed.