Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

tommyboi65

Reaction score
Sandman & London Kendrick on Raw:

I was surprised to see all 3 monday. I hope its a sign Sandman will be in WWE a while now. After he thrashes Carlito though. & London & Kendrick can't possibly not have a great match. Though I'd order a PPV just to see a 3 way tag dance,Kendrick & London vs Hardys vs Shelton & Haas..
Dare I say a TLC revival?

Carlito is still not as over as Flair simply because his push was mainly for his mic work. He had to work all that time on his in ring game ..Whereas Flair could outwrestle him blinfdfolded.

3lions

Reaction score
I enjoyed Raw last night. I expected all the Vince stuff on the show, so that didn't affect my opinion of the show.

I liked the ME with Cena/Lashley vs Orton/Booker. I was really shocked to see Orton pin Lashley and popped big time for his RKO. I am really into Orton's massive push and hope it continues for a long time (not just fed to HHH). On a related note, it was 'obvious' to me that when Umaga injured Foley's head, it was done as a set-up to enhance Orton's character, as he will add Foley to his list of people to suffer 'concussions' from him.

I hated seeing Daviari on Raw! I have no interest in seeing him. Hardyz still together? So much for the draft (even though Matt didn't appear on Raw).

Carlito was kept on Raw to feud with a washed-up ECW Original? Hmm. Sandman better put Carlito over big time.

Was great seeing L&K on Raw and am looking forward to seeing them feud with C&M after Vengence. Btw, how can Lawler say it's an upset to see L&K defeat the WGTT? When was the last time the WGTT won a match? L&K were WWE Tag Champions for almost a year! That annoyed me for some reason ... Another mistake from JR/Lawler was when they said that last night was the first time Lashley/Booker had faced off. Erm, what about KOTR last year? Or in the Steel Cage match last year? Or numerous times on SD!? Dumbasses.

--------------------
Also, after seeing Raw last night, I expect the following feuds to happen after Vengence:

Cena/Orton
Lashley/Booker
Santino/Regal
C&M/L&K
Carlito/Sandman
Candice/Melina/Jillian/Mickie
Snitsky/jobbers

Montana

Action : 3.75

Orton pinning lashley was the highlight for me. Too bad WGTT vs L&K wasnt longer.

Promo's 4.5

Kennedy + Carlito promos = ratings

Storylines 4

Nothing really new, just followed the script

Entertainment

Overall 4.00/5.00

Raw couldn't be written much better, without screwing up storylines or giving away a great match. Good show following last weeks. 4.00 is about the same as the HBK vs Cena matchup on raw, and the HBK vs Edge street edition of raw. This show didnt feature the big matchup that those did, but this show was more entertaining from 9 to 11.

================================================================

Raw's fued...

Heres what i think...its a long shot, but hey

Orton wins the belt at Vengance. Durign the main event, Steph comes out and accuses ORton of trying to kill the legend of vince. HHH alraedy mad at Orton goes to hit him with the sledgehammer, but Orton ducks and HHH hits cena. RKO on HHH, Orton rolls over to cena for the 123. Next PPV would be a triple Threat HHH vs Cena vs Orton. Orton retains. SummerSlam would be HHH vs Orton, where HHH wins the belt back. Cena would then fued with Snitksy in hte meantime, adn Lashley and King Booker would end their fued at Summer Slam.

3lions

Reaction score
Interesting idea, but it has several flaws:

- It would break kayfabe, is HHH is not involved with Stephanie in any way on TV and hates Vince anyway, so would have no reason to fight on his behalf

- HHH is nowhere near returning to the ring, and there is zero chance of him returning at/shortly after Vengence

Montana

Interesting idea, but it has several flaws:

- It would break kayfabe, is HHH is not involved with Stephanie in any way on TV and hates Vince anyway, so would have no reason to fight on his behalf

- HHH is nowhere near returning to the ring, and there is zero chance of him returning at/shortly after Vengence

They've said on TV that HHH and steph are married several times, especially during the DX vs Vince fued.

Your probably right, HHH may not be ready this soon. But he should be ready by Summer Slam. I just got the feeling Cena will get screwed over at Vengance.

the dark knight

for the draft show:
4.3/5

sorry no details im sleepy.

-----------------

for last night's,

Action: 3.5/5

great matches. i never thought i'd like lashley teaming up with cena but the match wasnt bad. and orton won :D

\__O___/

Promos 5/5

Storylines 4/5

Entertainment 4/5

nice!

Overall 4.25/5

not bad. i expected more though :(

looking forward to next week's 3 hour thing. not sure if im gonna continue writing reviews. i think monkey is enjoying writing them now lol

X-Pac

Reaction score
Raw last night was good, London and Kendrick vs. TWGTT was the best match off the night. I also like how they are building up the McMahon death and even bringing back Steph.

3lions

Reaction score
The comments that were made about HHH/Steph being married (and having a baby together) were aimed at the 'smart' fans, but nothing was actually said to confirm they are together. It was just something to showcase DX's 'attitude' and to show they are 'edgy' ... although they're not.

Truth

Reaction score
How bout when we always heard Stephany McMahon Helmsley. They were married on screen, everyone knows it, it wouldnt break kayfabe.

Great One

I've never heard them EVER intentionally (and directly) break kayfabe and say Triple H and Stephanie are married or it is their baby on TV (other than on WWE.com).

the dark knight

How bout when we always heard Stephany McMahon Helmsley. They were married on screen, everyone knows it, it wouldnt break kayfabe.

They said HHH is his son in law a few times too.

what about it when JR said "get up mark" to the undertaker after he returned to feud with kane? doesnt matter. small hints and tips for dumb viewers who dont know the real life of superstars.

i dont remember steph being called stephanie mcmahon helmsley after the on-screen divorce. AND, its supposed to be stephanie mcmahon levisque ( whatever his name is).

announcing that they're married on tv too seriously would break the kayfabe as 3lions mentioned.

Shunekas

Reaction score
what you think about cena like a champion, i think it last to long, im getting bored bwcause cena has always to win when he fought for ccmapmpion title :(

imported_Chase

what you think about cena like a champion, i think it last to long, im getting bored bwcause cena has always to win when he fought for ccmapmpion title :(
I think that it will be John Cena vs. Randy Orton @ SummerSlam for the title and Randy wins it.

3lions

Reaction score
Last night was one of the best Raw's in a long time ... then after I discovered the truth, it was the worst. Vince should take no blame for putting on the tribute show for Benoit (as he didn't know the details of his death yet), but I, for one, do not want a man like Benoit getting any sort of recognition.