Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

i only watched raw till matt hardy's match came in then i slept :( i liked the 1st part when everybody BOOOOOOOed jose murinho + mentioning that a Liverpool fan has beaten up 6 chelski fans at a pub . << was enough to make raw good to me . so, can anyone tell me what happened with orton and edge? i read kaedon's thing but still didnt understand 'sup with orton/edge

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
The Randy Orton- Edge match didn't happen,and no one said anything about it

Soulpower

Good things about RAW... Murdoch attempting either a Yoshi Tonic (Sunset Flip Powerbomb) or a Canadian Destoyer (Flip Piledriver) obviously it didn't look all that good, but props to Trevor for even trying such a move.

The Main Event was awesome... For the most part. I didn't like how Cena (once again) just yelled and hit his "injured" arm and all of a sudden it got better... I should try that next time I get an injury. Other than that it was good work by both men considering that the match wasn't supposed to be that long (Thank you Orton).

And did anyone else notice during the ME that Jim Ross said on Sunday it will a Four-way, I repeat Four men in the ME.... Take for what its worth but it seemed like Ross was saying... Orton WILL be in the match.

Axis

Cena vs Michaels was incredible for a televised match. It was a bit slow in some parts, but I was very thankful for such a match on TV. One of Cena's best, in my opinion. I do think it was better than the WrestleMania match, but of course I enjoyed the WM match more because of the atmosphere.

The Anigma

Reaction score
I thought it was kind of funny when Cena was punching HBK on the table and the referee pulled him off and Cena started yelling, "He won't stay down!!!" idk I just found that funny lol the main event was the only good thing the rest of the show sucked...

marcello

Reaction score
yea the main event ruled. raw should always be like that and the main events should always be of that standard. i just hope cena loses the title at backlash and hbk wins it!! overall raw was ok but the main event changed raw and i would give it 8.5/10!

Montana

I thought that raw was very well done, all the way around. It started with a show stealing match in Orton vs Edge. I thought it would be a dq, but most everyone was right with edge winning. Two more solid matches in Nitro/Hardy and Umaga/RVD. Kennedy promo = good. Then it turned into the "who done it" storyline. I thought it was perfectly done. Almost so well they should have left us hanging for a week. The pick was the Great Khali, which sent most of us to sleep. All in All still a great show. Every show should try and live up to this show in terms of Action, Promos, and storylines. I give this show a 9.5/10 ...... .5 for the Great Khali and not being someone great like Brock, or HHH, or Mr T. I dont know, someone other than Khali. I was pretty sure on khali, but Mark Henry was a outside chance.

3lions

Reaction score
I agree, Raw was a very good show last night. I was really into the Edge/Orton match and it was good to see the crowd cheering for Orton. I was dissappointed in the end, when Edge got the win (which is strange, because I'm a big Edge fan ...). On a side note, is it just me, or has Orton lost lots of body mass recently?

I liked the Jeff/Nitro match. It was also a nice change to have Cade/Murdock have some air time. This helpd enhance their feud and makes me actually interested in the tag team. Shame to see Nitro become nothing more than a jobber ...

Umaga/RVD was a decent match. The finish was well done. Is good to see a creative finish for a change.

I loved Kennedy's tease for cashing in his MITB contract (as I did at Backlash). Obviously, this 'announcement' is a swerve for when he actually cashes in his shot. Nut good promo none the less. I liked his comment about it not being his who attacked the other guys. Kennedy on Raw = perfect.

I liked the 'whodunit' storyline. I expected Vince to come out and say that this was another sign of him being the 'King of Extreme' and that nobody can compare to him, etc ... but no, it was Khali. I'm not a fan of his, but I do buy him as a ME'er - even if the timing of this feud is random.

Soulpower

The only bad thing about RAW was Khali... For the second straight week the WWE decides to put on some good long wrestling matches and the wholw who done it storyline was perfectly done... Until Khali came out. After so much hype I was expecting something great and to see Khali come out just felt anticlimatic.

Still, if I had to rate the show I would give it an 8/10... And Orton has lost a lot of bodymass, he used to look fit, now he just looks skinny.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Raw was pretty good except for the ending of the "whodunit" angle with it being Khali. This was a prefect chance for a Cena heel turn imagine this.

Cena walks out and into the ring, the lights go off, come back on, cenas on the ground, Gets up and then tells everbody it was him who jumped all the superstars. That would have been gold.

mpaday

Reaction score
New Match announced for Raw on Thursday!! On WWE.com

This week, Raw will see the biggest star-studded 8-Man Tag Team Match in history. John Cena will join Undertaker, HBK and Batista to battle Edge, Randy Orton, MVP and Mr. Kennedy. Which Supersatr will survive? Continue...
This match is a star studded load of crap. The match will end with MVP getting the finishing moves from everybody with Cena ending it all off. Its the same old crap every single week. The usual curveball might be that the team mates start trying to kill each other, but it should all end when the good guys win.

mpaday

Reaction score
The only bad thing about RAW was Khali... For the second straight week the WWE decides to put on some good long wrestling matches and the wholw who done it storyline was perfectly done... Until Khali came out. After so much hype I was expecting something great and to see Khali come out just felt anticlimatic.

Still, if I had to rate the show I would give it an 8/10... And Orton has lost a lot of bodymass, he used to look fit, now he just looks skinny.
Why even get a guy like Khali if the industry is unable to utilise him in a useful way? I mean lets face it, the guy is massive and even Undertaker defeating him wasn't believable. Ofcourse even that pales in comparison to the time 619 beat Big Show.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
This match is a star studded load of crap. The match will end with MVP getting the finishing moves from everybody with Cena ending it all off. Its the same old crap every single week. The usual curveball might be that the team mates start trying to kill each other, but it should all end when the good guys win.

Umm that was posted ages ago.. Back when they had just worked out and announced that Taker and Shawn were to be Facing Batista and Cena At Wrestlemania (correct me if iam wrong) none the less it was posted ages ago, and is not the Main event for next weeks Raw.

Also theres no need to double post just use the Multi quote option the "quote+" button in the bottom right hand corner of a post next to the "quote" button.