Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
Did anyone see Stone Cold on "the Hour" last night, promoting his new movie?

He was lookin' good...talked a bit about his step-dad, being pile-drived on his head...how he seems to always have good luck and timing.

He also said that he knows he could come to RAW and be right on top again. He said that he could do two more years, if he wanted to, but he says that he liked living, and wanted to feel good while living - so, no more wrestling.

I can see what he was getting at - look and flair and angle - they live in constant pain.

His movie is called "The Condemned" and it is coming out on April 21, if I heard correctly.

At the end of the interview, there was a funny moment where Austin gets asked, "Hey, you used to be a ranch hand - will you break out into other roles, like a "Brokeback Mountain" role or something?"

That made Steve laugh. He shook the interviewer's hand and politely and graciously declined. :)

What I liked the most about Steve last night was how his humility shone through. I like that in a man, especially in a great entertainer like Stone Cold! (for the record, he said that he can't stand it when people get famous and then act all big and everything)

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
RAW last night was terrible... Period...

Boring RAW and just what I didn't want to see.. Every episode of RAW en route to WM was good, all episodes since RAW have sucked. So once again we're going to be stuck with the same lame angles for the rest of the year. And even in Italy people can't stand Cena.. BUT HE SELLS MERCHANDISE! And that's all that really matters.

How in the hell can Cena cell :rasta: merchandise if so many people hate him? Obviously, there are more people out there liking him than we think.

You know, Its probably like the sickening pop group of the 80's, New Kids on the Block?"

Why? Because they were so f*cking popular; yet so many people obviously hated them. So who was liking them so much that one year they were the top money makers on Forbes's 100 list? That's a big accomplishment.

The only people that were liking the New Kids were horny teen age girls and little kids.

Isn't that the demographic that is into Cena? These guys are buying all the merchandise, and so Vince thinks Cena should be number one, not realizing that Cena has little credibilty with mature fans who know what a real wrestler should be like!

And thats how it was with the New Kids. Mature music fans saw right through their crap and gave them the finger. Eventually, new kids got old for everyone - Cena will eventually get old, too.

the dark knight

still better than lots of other raw's this season . hbk sell for the FU made me ROBL . conclusions :
*cena broke my heart at his entrance as he held high the title and all he got was BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . deserved it though .
*lashley sucks
*super crazy must be fired b4 i get crazy on his mother's ass .

PieMan

Reaction score
Why Did WWE Make Cena Beat Edge And Orton?

I was watching raw today and i just dont get why the wwe made cena beat edge and orton the 2 top heels on the raw brand and pretty much squash shawn michaels in the process it would of made the match at backlash a lot more interesting if cena beat hes opponents in a handicap match seriously COME ON! as of late i really want to see a match between Cena and Lashley not because it would be a good quality wrestling match but mainly just to see who would win lol anyways ive goen off topic so anyways what are your opinions on the match

Judge Dredd

Reaction score
well mate, i just wanna see cena lose... cleanly too.

but here is your answer, wwe believes cena is their top guy (even though the fans are split) and add to the fact that he has a superman gimmick (invincible), you can bet that they will look after him very well (meaning his going to win matches more than lose, if that.

imported_Chase

Edge and Randy Orton to me are better talent than John Cena. Sure he is a great wrestler, but he never loses. I wish they would give Orton a push for the title or at least Edge. Cena better lose it at Backlash.

thatdamgood

Reaction score
It's simple WWE see Cena has there IT man at the moment we all no his not but he is selling arena's with the fan's either buying for him or buying to see him lose which is fine as long as come backlash HE LOSES we all no in our heart of heart's if he does it won't actually be him getting pinned but I JUST WANNA SEE A TITLE CHANGE HANDS

the dark knight

they r giving him some last wins so he can lose at backlash .

CenaMark54

I don't see the big deal with Cena beating both Orton and Edge. Its not like it was a clean win. JR played it up that Edge and Orton could have pinned Cena like 5 times but they wanted to injure him and really didnt care about the win. Its the classic "heel screwing himself booking". Edge and Orton dominated Cena the entire match and only lost because of cockiness and outside interference. It doesn't make either look weak in my opinion.

Cena will be dropping the belt to Orton soon so a win like this makes a victory over Cena seem that much more incredible and will help to put Orton over even more.

I was surprised to see Edge take the pin. Usually it has been Orton. The roles have reversed. Orton has picked up his game recently and it has not gone unnoticed by the WWE. Orton is the protected one now. Edge is further back on the depth chart at this point, but thats just my outlook on things.

Wrestling Station

^ Yeah it seems that Orton is getting the push, but not a fast one, just a gradual increase in the push starting from last episode of Raw.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah that match on Raw doesnt really make Orton and Edge look bad, cuz they couldve won, but chose injury over victory, it brings Cena down be it by a notch, and raises Orton mostly and Edge a little as well. The more I think of it Im starting to think Orton might win the belt at Backlash.

3lions

Reaction score
I am starting to get tired of saying this, but once again, I agree completely with CenaMark54. I won't repeat what he said, but will add that it also adds tension to the Edge/Orton storyline which has been going on recently. They 'settled their differences' earlier in the night, but Edge ended up spearing Orton and costing him/them the match, thus causing more tension and heat before Backlash.

3lions

Reaction score
I HATED nearly everything about Raw this week. Apart from the ME and the IC change (although I hated everything about that segment), Raw was a throw away episode. Nothing happened apart from the above exceptions.

Axis

If it had been Shawn Michaels vs Orton and Edge, with the same ending, nobody would be complaining. This isn't "John Cena booking". It's the simple WWE formulaic booking style that shows good overcoming evil.

Markz

Reaction score
As much as I hate it but WWE are trying him make off to be one of those people who can overcome the odd's no matter how high, I bet you Cena will win at Backlash and he will only lose the title unfairly.