Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
The Raw Preview.....

The first Raw after WrestleMania saw Shawn Michaels eliminate his partner John Cena in a Tag Team Battle Royal, The Hardys crowned new World Tag Team Champions and ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley continue his dominance against all who dare to face him in the ring.

Also last week, third-generation Superstar Randy Orton confronted Shawn Michaels backstage. Later in the night, it was announced that on the next Raw, Orton will face Michaels for a chance to compete for the WWE Championship. A match featuring The Legend Killer and The Showstopper in the same ring will no doubt be thrilling for WWE fans; who will prevail?

Fan favorite Mick Foley announced that on Raw next week, he will continue his charity work by making a special Make-A-Wish announcement. WWE Superstars pride themselves in reaching out to help their communities and inspire WWE fans with what they do in the ring, as well as what they do for their fellow man. What will the Hardcore Legend’s announcement reveal?

WWE.com has also learned that Edge will host a special edition of The Cutting Edge tonight on Raw. His guest will be none other than WWE Champion John Cena.

Find out this and more on Raw, Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network!
======================================
Shane McMahon Arrives Backstage At RAW

WWE sent out a message to subscribers of their text alert system this afternoon saying Shane McMahon has arrived "via limo for RAW" and is "promising reporters that he will make a major 'impact' on RAW".

the dark knight

not a bad raw to watch . hardy boyz made a good showing bringing some memories back . hbk officially dropped the DX thing ! fatal 4 way as i expected but that lil kid foley brought really pissed me off :mad: was it the last choice they had to let a young punk announce this shit :S ? and untill when are we going to see coachman get disrespected ? i dont mind the pushover thing but he has to get some dignity every now and then . as for the mcmahon thing , i liked the story from the beginning but after umaga showed up .... DAMN! are we going the get through this shit again? umaga vs lashley is silly and i find the match at backlash completely worthless . i'm not even looking forward to the results of match .

Starsky

Reaction score
Raw was pretty much a non-event for me this week.

The HBK-Orton match was damn good until the finish. For a person to be pinned, the opponent must have some part of their body over the other person. Not one part of Orton's body was applying any downward pressure on HBK whilst HBK's body was draped over Orton's for the 3 count. Regardless of the fact that Patton was badly out of position. HBK should be the winner. It was just an over-booked way of getting to the fatal-four way backlash match. Over-booking which backfired.

Nothing else of much note happened and another disappointing main-event.

Disappointing episode in my opinion.

the dark knight

oh yea and i 4got , orton tried hard to sell his knee but it was so damn obvious . and true , all the events was so good untill they ended . but wasnt that what happened at maina ? however last raw wasnt so bad . actually it was better than most of the previous ones .

Reaction score
Australia... and no, I do not ride around on a Kan
but that lil kid foley brought really pissed me off was it the last choice they had to let a young punk announce this shit :S

Dude, that kid has a life threating illness (cancer I heard) and the make a wish foundation and WWE gave him what his dream was, that is what the Make A Wish foundation does, gives kids who have life threating illnesses what they dreamed of doing...I think it is great what they did for the kid, don't be heartless...

Not a great Raw though IMO, the HBK Orton match was ok though...

cutting edge

Reaction score
The main event for Backlash looks pretty good although its obvious Cena will retain....again.

3lions

Reaction score
Raw was okay, but I was always waiting for the show to go into the next gear, but it never did. I really enjoyed the HBK/Orton match. Orton did a great job of selling the 'injury' and it was almost as if they purposely booked it that way, as a 'shot' at Cena ... The finish baffled me at first, but then it made sence. The decision was a no contest becuase, although HBK pinned Orton, HBK's shoulders were also down for the three count, meaning the decision was void. As for the little kid, I had no problem with his part in the show. It is good to see things like this happen, even if he can't deliver a promo like a pro.

I liked the #1 Contenders match for the Tag Titles. The finish really surprised me, especially after the promo Carlito cut before hand. But I guess this is just another chapter in the Carlito/Flair feud. The Hardyz also had a good showing in their match, although The WGTT got buried, again.

Good to see Mickie back in the title picture, although Candice has no place in a wrestling ring. Mickie/Melina/Victoria - three way. That's the route to go down.

I thought the ME was poorly booked, tbh and I have no interest in this 'feud.' Lashley is slowly growing on me, but I'm not interested in his feud with Vince/Shane/Umaga. I get that WWE are trying to make it seem everyone is against Lashley and it will be a great feit when he overcomes the odds, but I'm really not into it. A 4-way for the title? Pfft.

the dark knight

i 4got one more point . did anyone reallize that lawler is kissing ass now ? i loved the guy when he was a heel commentator now all he does is kiss ass :S and i cant belive that silly reasons like being in the hall of fame and not bein the "bad guy" can make sum1 look that stupid . i want the good old king back :( he was better than ross in my opinion .

-R3-

Reaction score
Cade and Murdoch vs. World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Cryme Tyme vs. MNM vs. Brian Kendrick and Paul London vs. Duece and Domino vs. Carlito and Ric Flair

Apart from the fact it would of been a complete clusterfuck, there are only 3 teams which are worthy of being included at WM those being; MNM, WGTT, and the spot monkeys that are Brian Kendrick and Paul London.

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
The Randy/HBK match was amazing. I didnt like the finish, but i liked when edge delivering the spear to Randy. The make a wish part where they got the little boy to announce the fatal 4 way was great.

Taker

Reaction score
I really like the main event from Raw the past week. I was shocked when i learned that HBK didn;t pin Orton and the match resulted in a no contest. I hope at Backlash HBK gets the gold when he faces Edge Orton & Cena in a Fatal 4 Way for the WWE Championship!

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Source: WWE.com

By order of Executive Assistant Jonathan Coachman, WWE Champion John Cena will face Rated-RKO in a Handicap Match on Raw.

Jonathan Coachman is a vindictive decision maker, as this is the same main event he had made for Backlash before being overruled by Honorary General Manager Michael Pena.

In addition, a Diva Fashion Show has been scheduled in the fashion capital of the world - Milan, Italy.

Soulpower

RAW last night was terrible... Period.

The opening segment went on way too long and it showed because the crowd didn't care for Vince's promo (they were chanting the bassline to Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes) the angle with Santino was good at first glance until you realize something... To the casual fan, some random guy won the IC title, because its just that easy. That pretty much flushes down what little credibility the title had down the toilet.

The Flair/Carltio vs WGTT was a decent tv match but the purpose was obviously to continue teasing Carlito's heel turn, maybe next week Carlito turns heel in London which is also the place where he first hooked up with Torrie and became a full-blown crappy face.

Nitro vs Eugene=Bathroom break.

Diva fashion show... Maria should have won, she clearly got the biggest pop.

Jeff Hardy vs Cade was another decent match except for one thing... No one buys Cade and/or Murdoch as credible challengers, why? Because for the last year they've been BURIED in order to further angles with the likes of DX or Cena and Michaels. Now we're supposed to buy them as credible challengers for the tag titles? NOT HAPPENING.

Masters vs Super Crazy... Crap match which was only interesting when Crazy was on offense, and when the crowd started with the dueling chants. Really.

Cena vs Rated RKO was the usual.. Cena gets his ass kicked, overcomes the odds and ultimately wins the match. And lol at HBK for selling the FU like a fish out of water.

Boring RAW and just what I didn't want to see.. Every episode of RAW en route to WM was good, all episodes since RAW have sucked. So once again we're going to be stuck with the same lame angles for the rest of the year. And even in Italy people can't stand Cena.. BUT HE SELLS MERCHANDISE! And that's all that really matters.

Defiant One

Reaction score
yeah i read the spoilers and from what i read i had an idea it would suck, but i watched it anyway and surprise surprise it still sucked

Starsky

Reaction score
Absolutely average at the very best.

There was flashes of okay and flashes of God awful with the rest of the show languishnig in the middle somewhere.

There was no need to have Morella be introduced as a fan! That is Blue. When Vince was calling for challengers from the back they could quite easily have him come out as the hometown guy etc. Now from the outside looking in (as soulpower said) it looks like anyone can win the IC belt. And also no one in the back wanted to go for IC belt?! That's ridiculous and craps all over that belt.

Other than that, there was literally nothing of much note to talk about. Generic WWE tag team build up with Jeff vs. Cade. GUARANTEE next week we'll see Matt vs. Murdoch. Unimaginative.

Very much a case of "we're overseas, the crowd will be hot regardless, we can phone this one in". Poor.