Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
What difference does a guys religion (or even lack off) have to do with how good a wrestler they are?

The only difference I see is that:

a) It was used to kinda inform the HBK/Vince fued.
b) He all but never does crotch chops when in DX-mode.

his life and mine have taken similar paths,and i relate to him more now knowing he went through a lot of shit i did.i guess it would be more in line of gaining respect for him than his religious beliefs.

Airfixx

his life and mine have taken similar paths,and i relate to him more now knowing he went through a lot of shit i did.i guess it would be more in line of gaining respect for him than his religious beliefs.

Oh please... Get over yourself... You've been a superstar who crumbled under the pressures and strains of being expected to all but single-handedly save a multimillion dollar business only to be put on the shelf by a career threatening injury when things finally started to look like they were taking a turn for the better?

Or do you just mean that you turned to the bible in the wake of a drug problem?

Anyway... About Raw...

Doubt I'll catch it this week... Anymore matches announced for No Mercy?

Kaedon

Reaction score
I dont usually intervene but lets nip this now, please try and keep it on Raw and not so and so's life story.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!! *riff*

Ballin

Reaction score
Oh please... Get over yourself... You've been a superstar who crumbled under the pressures and strains of being expected to all but single-handedly save a multimillion dollar business only to be put on the shelf by a career threatening injury when things finally started to look like they were taking a turn for the better?

Or do you just mean that you turned to the bible in the wake of a drug problem?

Anyway... About Raw...

Doubt I'll catch it this week... Anymore matches announced for No Mercy?

JBL vs Batista- Number One Contender

Airfixx

^^^^LOL 6/10... I'd have to hear the accent first.

Kane/Rey, Taker/Show & Hardy/Henry added now. Looking pretty stacked all of a sudden.

JTG

Reaction score
PWInsider.com said:
WWE.com has announced three matches for tonight's show:

- Shawn Michaels & a mystery partner vs. Chris Jericho & Lance Cade

- Beth Phoenix & Jillian vs. Candice Michelle & Kelly Kelly

-- Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio & CM Punk vs. Manu, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase & Kane

-- Triple H is backstage at tonight's Raw in Minneapolis, reports PWInsider.com. He hasn't been backstage at many Raw tapings since his move to SmackDown in June. No word yet if he's scheduled to appear on Raw tonight.

Although I wish Triple-H was appearing on RAW tonight to announce he's been traded to RAW for Chris Jericho, thus setting up Shawn Michaels vs. Triple-H for the WWE Championship and Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy for the World Heavyweight Championship in a Ladder Match at No Mercy, it's painfully obvious that they're reforming D-Generation X tonight for OMG...ONE NIGHT ONLY!

Soulpower

D-Generation X tonight for OMG...ONE NIGHT ONLY

Yup! Of course, last time they teamed up it was for ONE NIGHT ONLY!!! But we're not supposed to remember that >_>

JTG

Reaction score
What's the point of Santino Marella bringing the Honk-A-Meter up every week if he's never going to defend the Intercontinental title? Of course he's going to continue being champion if he never defends it. I wish the title would've been on the line tonight so Batista would be the new champion and put an end to this crap.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I thought that Raw was pretty good this week.
I love the 8 man Tag match that was awesome and some really good wrestling went on. I loved Santino going at it verbally with Batista LMAO Santino is just soooo funny. The main event was good even though i knew That it would be HHH, It was pretty cool to see DX again. I think it's great when they Pop up now and again. I don't want to see it every week but it is nice to see DX every now and again. YUP i enjoyed Raw this week.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score

Yup! Of course, last time they teamed up it was for ONE NIGHT ONLY!!! But we're not supposed to remember that >_>
Now now, Soulpower, it's important to recycle gimmicks! We must all do our part in the Future Friendly program. If we all do our part, we can build a greener tomorrow! :shifty:

Airfixx

What's the point of Santino Marella bringing the Honk-A-Meter up every week if he's never going to defend the Intercontinental title? Of course he's going to continue being champion if he never defends it. I wish the title would've been on the line tonight so Batista would be the new champion and put an end to this crap.

I think the IC (and US titles) should be used as TV titles - i.e. Defended EVERY week.

This would be beneficial for 3 reasons:

1. Brings a little prestige back to the damn things (seeing as they no longer seem to have room for them on PPV for the majority of the year).

2. The fans would love it - Why would you miss Raw or SD if you thought the title was likely to change hands any week?

3. It'd aid the development of the skills of those midcard title-holders whom appear to eventually ME-bound.

"Hell no" to the idea of Batista winning it tho'.... That won't help one bit.

@ The prevalent sneering, cynical attitude....

"SoulPower said:

In the wider world of entertainment "one night only" generally means along the lines of "not night after night" or "not week after week"... It refers to a lack of regularity..... NOT "the last night EVER"...

When (e.g.) Metallica concert promo says "one night only" it doesn't mean they're never playing another gig, nor does it it imply as much.

Now now, Soulpower, it's important to recycle gimmicks! We must all do our part in the Future Friendly program. If we all do our part, we can build a greener tomorrow! :shifty:

Oh please.... C'mon.... Agreed, it's hardly shocking that HBK's 'mystery partner' would be HHH, but how the hell is that recycling a gimmick.

If anything it's THE SAME gimmick... HHH & HBK are life-long firends that had a fued and have since been cool again for many years.

His long term friend comes out to help him when he needs a partner... Would you have clapped, cheered and praised WWEs creativity if they'd have just brough out some random midcard face instead? : pfffffffffffffffff : ....I doubt it!

JTG

Reaction score
I think the IC (and US titles) should be used as TV titles - i.e. Defended EVERY week.

This would be beneficial for 3 reasons:

1. Brings a little prestige back to the damn things (seeing as they no longer seem to have room for them on PPV for the majority of the year).

2. The fans would love it - Why would you miss Raw or SD if you thought the title was likely to change hands any week?

3. It'd aid the development of the skills of those midcard title-holders whom appear to eventually ME-bound.

"Hell no" to the idea of Batista winning it tho'.... That won't help one bit.

I agree that the Intercontinental title should be defended every week, but how would Batista winning it not help? If anything, it would make it look more credible.