Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

This Raw was an improvement over last week IMO.
All the money segments went ALOT smoother.
There were more matches... Cena/Umaga was good, Hardy/Carlito was good, and HHH/Jericho was good... The others were decent filler matches.
The HHH/Cena was good as well, same can be said for Jericho.
And divas in bikinis=:)
raw gets a thumbs up this week :thumbsup:

The Rated R CMStar

Lance Cade attacks John Cena?

Seriously, is WWE running out of ways to hype HHH vs Cena. Last week, they hinted Jeff Hardy to enter the title match. Now, they insert Chris Jericho and Lance Cade to this thing.

MikeRaw

Lance Cade attacks John Cena?

Seriously, is WWE running out of ways to hype HHH vs Cena. Last week, they hinted Jeff Hardy to enter the title match. Now, they insert Chris Jericho and Lance Cade to this thing.

Or you know, they could be actually pushing a superstarO_O...
Honestly, I see people complaining in the SB too, but when someone has potential, you cant just have him do nothing, This is probably part of a push for Cade, and will get him in a feud with Jericho, or Cena or something, maybe just making his mark as a uppercard guy now. But he has potential, so we could let them try something before we jump down WWE's throat.
Oh and by the way, he attacked Triple H, which makes sense because HHH was sticking up for Michaels, and they can work something in with Cade being a Jericho supporter or something, idk?

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Lance Cade is seeing exactly what Jericho's telling the people. Michaels is a snake and a coward. Cade looked up to him, even went so far as to be trained by him and realizes what Michaels really is; hopefully they keep this story going and keep Jericho strong.

:y: for WWE on this one.

The Rated R CMStar

Oh know, I am all for Lance Cade getting pushed, believe that, what I am against is all this things going around the champion HHH and his feud. Last week, Hardy seemed almost a knock on being added to the title match, this week, no follow up.

Now, Chris Jericho and Lance Cade are somehow involved with HHH and Cena, and let's no mention the Ric Flair thing.

So, I enjoyed Raw and all this things, but I would have enjoyed more if they would focus directly on HHH vs Cena

MikeRaw

IMO, the Ric Flair thing was just a one off. Your looking at it (IMO) too much as if they are all tied in... Yes, this wek they all might have been tied in, but after this, they will all go back to seperate feuds...
Flair was there tonight only to set up HHH/Jerichos match.
He will leave now, and Jericho/HHH wont be a feud, but now, that match was used as a way to introduce Cade into the feud.
And now Cade and Jericho can go and feud with Michaels, while Cena and HHH continue to feud...
Thats my opinion though, sort of a guess, but thats what I see happening.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I thought it was way better then last week's crap-fest, but still there were problems..The BobCore-CAW/Cryme Tyme match, what the hell was the point to that? For real a 4 second match featuring your World Tag Champions? :smh Also I hated the waste of time that was the Bikini-Contest, what was entertaining about it? If I wanted to watch women dance around in bikinis, I have the internet for that (and more). If you're going to have women on the payroll of a professional wrestling promotion (and let's not forget that, first and foremost, that's precisely what the WWE is), YOU MIGHT WANT TO
HAVE THEM WRESTLE!

You know why people praise the Knockouts division? Because, unlike a good majority of the Divas, most of the Knockouts know how to perform in the ring, and can do it quite well. I'd rather watch Awesome Kong kill a bitch with the Implant Buster than watch Maria shake her ass in a bikini during a segment that will do absolutely nothing to develop any sort of angle or feud and will mean absolutely nothing in a week.

Soulpower

ROFL!! Osama is talking about how the Diva bikini contest did nothing to further angles. Of course, it didn't further an angle, it wasn't supposed to!

HOWEVER, the mixed tag-team match DID further the Kennedy-Burchill feud and it also gave Katie another win over Mickie. It seems to be apparent that WWE is building up Katie as the next challenger for Mickie's belt... But I guess you just missed that part of the show.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
ROFL!! Osama is talking about how the Diva bikini contest did nothing to further angles. Of course, it didn't further an angle, it wasn't supposed to!

Which makes it a waste of time, instead of putting that on, the time could have went to the tag team match..But no we get a 5 minute whore-fest and a 4 second tag match :smh

And don't you ever ROFL at me again!

Kaedon

Reaction score
RE Cryme Tyme/CAWdy Rhodes tag team match: I'm gonna pull out a Kevin Nash quote (about the FPOD) "people were pissed because it worked, and it worked because they got pissed. It's like 'fuck you got me'."

Reaction score
the entire mcmahon's millions segment is stupid to say the least. and flair returning this week was no shocker, why cant people just retire and retire without returning? it just makes them and the entire angle look silly,

MC Rae

Reaction score
There was a bit of an improvement in RAW this week, thank God. Million Dollar Mania went a bit smoother but it still doesn't stop my hate for the damn thing. It still takes up a big part of air time. We could have done without the bikini contest thing, just when you think WWE are going to take the Divas more seriously they do this... also the Rhodes & Holly/Cryme Tyme match made little sense, I though Dibiase Jr was actually going to do something when he came walking down the ramp, apprently not.

The Cena/HHH promo at the beginning was excellent, nice to see Flair, I suppose, and Jericho is kicking ass with his new full-blown heel persona. I was also suprised to see Lance Cade of all people running out to help Jericho in beating down HHH. Good to see WWE have recognised the potential in this guy. It'll be interesting to see how they develop him.

Overall an okay RAW but Million Dollar Mania can still burn in hell.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
and flair returning this week was no shocker

^ So you knew Ric Flair was going to be on RAW this week? :hmm:

The show was all about cementing Jericho's heel turn, the only thing that would have taken it to the next step was to bitchslap Flair. It started last week and came full circle last night.

!~JERICADE~! take over!

Also, Jericho has got to remember where the camera is. Pretty stupid to say "You're gonna take the mic from me, right?" to Flair when the camera is about 6 inches from his face.

Reaction score
RAW was good this week, not sure how I feel with Cade being added to the HBK/Y2J feud. I guess it is good as he is getting a well deserved push.