TNA Kurt Angle Undergoes Another Knee Surgery

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Trust me and this is no joke he's not even a D player at this point. I watch TNA every week , so i think i know what i;m talking about. Matter of fact go watch some Kurt matched from 2013 on-wards and then come talk to me.

Well I was watching TNA last summer and I didn't see anything wrong with him at that point. Fair enough you've been watching him recently, but I just find it a bit far fetched that he has suddenly gone from one of the best all rounders in the US to crap.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Because it goes against everything you've said about EVERY wrestler over the age of 40.

You made your blanket statements, now you have to lie in them.

Never made any blanket statements, never said anything about wrestlers over 40 I was commenting on certain wrestlers like Flair, Hogan and Mysterio. And Flair and Hogan are in their early 60's. When they were in their 40s I never thought they should retire.

Also you are missing the point about what I am saying about Angle, I do think because of his injuries than sooner rather than later he should retire, but I am defending him as a worker, that is not the same as saying than I don't his is winding down or should wind down.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Simple search query gave me two pages, where it was not just Hogan, Flair, Foley Sting, Sabu, Rey, Taker, and everyone over 40 has no place near mainevent territory or just have to put over everyone. Because they are old, and don't deserve to make money anymore......we should just euthanize them all.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Simple search query gave me two pages, where it was not just Hogan, Flair, Foley Sting, Sabu, Rey, Taker, and everyone over 40 has no place near mainevent territory or just have to put over everyone. Because they are old, and don't deserve to make money anymore......we should just euthanize them all.

Sting is in his 50's and you don't rate the guy either and never have. Not a big fan of Sabu, that has nothing to do with age. Taker is related to injuries and the fact that he has nothing left to do in wrestling, Foley because of injuries or than he has nothing left to prove and realistically is past his best. Rey is the same reason as Kurt. NEXT!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Great logic "not a fan, should go away" because you speak for everyone.

None of us have any right to say when a guy should go, none of us know of their financial security, none of us are going to pay their bills. ZOMGZ They are in their 50s!!!! Yeah, and guess what? They don't get a pension genius, they NEED to collect as much as they can, most wrestlers start actually making real money around 35. To act like they don't want to keep filling their cup because the next guy thinks it's his turn is Blue. Fuck health, fuck legacy....if the money is there, they are going to take it. If people are still going to pay to see them, guess what? They are going to be there.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Sting is in his 50's and you don't rate the guy either and never have. Not a big fan of Sabu, that has nothing to do with age. Taker is related to injuries and the fact that he has nothing left to do in wrestling, Foley because of injuries or than he has nothing left to prove and realistically is past his best. Rey is the same reason as Kurt. NEXT!
You know, there is plenty of stuff for Taker to do. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. I'd personally like the idea of him having a son come in and Taker kind of train him in the Deadman ways. The kid wrestles obviously, Taker could be his manager. Just an idea.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
How do ya figure sports fan?

Because it worked so great for David Flair.

Famous fathers is the kiss of death for any would be wrestler, because their shadows are very deep and most fans will always make comparisons, even if they change their names.....Joe Hennig anyone?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
David Sammartino another example of that working terrible.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
You know, there is plenty of stuff for Taker to do. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. I'd personally like the idea of him having a son come in and Taker kind of train him in the Deadman ways. The kid wrestles obviously, Taker could be his manager. Just an idea.

I did mean as a wrestler. But do agree with CLB than it would be an odd fit him as a manager.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'd rather RRS elaborated on what he means by 'Training him in the Deadman ways' tbh.

Given him lessons on how to magically turn the lights back up from on the steel steps at ringside :mark:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'd mark if the kid asked to do lightning and 'Taker said he wasn't ready.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina

Well that escalated quickly lol