TNA Kurt Angle Undergoes Another Knee Surgery

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So TNA wrote Kurt Angle out with another injury on this last IMPACT, and apparently it was legit as well.

Kurt Angle underwent ACL repair surgery this week. Angle posted the post-surgery photo below and noted that he would be back in "4 months and 29 days," which would be in early October. As noted earlier, Angle's contract with TNA expires a month earlier in September.
He wrote on Instagram:

"4 months and 29 days for My Return to the Ring! Training starts today! Stay tuned!! #MyComeback"

Source: wrestlinginc.com

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Would say that if he is going to make one more appearance in WWE than the time should be soon.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Kurt coming back to WWE would be cool, but don't really want him to go on a full schedule, TNA has rode him into the ground and the fact that he isn't in a wheelchair now is amazing.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign some like 2 month extension to put some guy over and permanently write himself off of TNA before heading to the WWE.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign some like 2 month extension to put some guy over and permanently write himself off of TNA before heading to the WWE.
Put someone over? You're talking about the same company that let Hogan walk out with the owner clutching his leg and crying he "quit".

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Put someone over? You're talking about the same company that let Hogan walk out with the owner clutching his leg and crying he "quit".
But Angle seems to have respect for TNA & Dixie so I don't think it's that far fetched an idea at all. Whether TNA themselves would actually do that is another thing.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Better off for TNA to just let him go with no fanfare, and focus more on the cheaper guys they have right now.

I still have no confidence in TNA management and think they might be dead if Spike doesn't pick them up again in the fall I believe, but I'm glad they FINALLY are using the model that has been proposed by Heyman and more importantly me in greater detail.

http://wrestlingsmarks.com/threads/tna-financial-problems.68557/page-2

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Nobody in TNA really but it'll obviously be EC3

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I don't wanna see Kurt in WWE and I don't even want him in TNA anymore, the guy is a shell of himself and it's embarrassing and hard for me to even watch him attempt to do anything. His mat work is slow and terrible to start, his punches look like shit. All his offense is at this point it Germans, Belly-to-belly, angle slams and the ankle lock. Don't even get me started on the pointless moonsaluts. He's lost all his comedy and charisma and just acts like a cyborg, it's time to hang up the boots and go home Kurt plz before you die.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't wanna see Kurt in WWE and I don't even want him in TNA anymore, the guy is a shell of himself and it's embarrassing and hard for me to even watch him attempt to do anything. His mat work is slow and terrible to start, his punches look like shit. All his offense is at this point it Germans, Belly-to-belly, angle slams and the ankle lock. Don't even get me started on the pointless moonsaluts. He's lost all his comedy and charisma and just acts like a cyborg, it's time to hang up the boots and go home Kurt plz before you die.

I will admit it has been awhile since I have watched TNA, but unless his ring work has suddenly taken a nose dive I have no idea where you are from. Given the amount of serious injuries the guy has had it is a miracle he has been so consistent in TNA. I think he should retire soon for his own health, but to say that he still doesn't have it is rubbish IMO.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I will admit it has been awhile since I have watched TNA, but unless his ring work has suddenly taken a nose dive I have no idea where you are from. Given the amount of serious injuries the guy has had it is a miracle he has been so consistent in TNA. I think he should retire soon for his own health, but to say that he still doesn't have it is rubbish IMO.
He's old he should live off that measly 100k a year he got from TNA. Because he's old and used up now, and we have no sympathy for them and the life they chose right Keith?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Trust me and this is no joke he's not even a D player at this point. I watch TNA every week , so i think i know what i;m talking about. Matter of fact go watch some Kurt matched from 2013 on-wards and then come talk to me.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
He's old he should live off that measly 100k a year he got from TNA. Because he's old and used up now, and we have no sympathy for them and the life they chose right Keith?

What point are you trying to make? Also it was CLB who was being negative about Angle not me.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What point are you trying to make? Also it was CLB who was being negative about Angle not me.
Because it goes against everything you've said about EVERY wrestler over the age of 40.

You made your blanket statements, now you have to lie in them.