Kurt Angle reveals when he plans to retire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah and wouldn't you say there are just as many people who don't want to see them wrestle and think they are destorying their lengancies? Don't forget a big reason WCW went tits up is because the old guys out stayed their welcomes in main events. And that was over ten years ago think about that?

No, I wouldn't say there are just as many people saying they shouldn't be wrestling. How big are the pops for an old name, nostalgia goes along way.

Legacies don't pay the bills, you can't eat on legacy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't say there are just as many people saying they shouldn't be wrestling. How big are the pops for an old name, nostalgia goes along way.

Legacies don't pay the bills, you can't eat on legacy.

Well isn't that their own fault for blowing their money, if Flair had been more smart he could have retired twenty years ago. Besides do you think TNA are paying Hogan peanuts for his on-air dutys? I doubt it.

Getting back to Angle the guy is already a icon and wrestling on into his 50s isn't going to make him anymore of one. Plus unlike Hogan/Flair has been smart with his money.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well isn't that their own fault for blowing their money, if Flair had been more smart he could have retired twenty years ago. Besides do you think TNA are paying Hogan peanuts for his on-air dutys? I doubt it.

Getting back to Angle the guy is already a icon and wrestling on into his 50s isn't going to make him anymore of one. Plus unlike Hogan/Flair has been smart with his money.

When some nobody from Idaho else loses their home it is a tragedy, but if it is a person who was an entertainer......fuck em, they should've know better?

Do you not realize that alimony is a bitch and bullshit system that holds women back. And states take taxes out of individual contactors who work different cities. Ask any professional athlete who went broke and they will say the same thing.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
When some nobody from Idaho else loses their home it is a tragedy, but if it is a person who was an entertainer......fuck em, they should've know better?

Do you not realize that alimony is a bitch and bullshit system that holds women back. And states take taxes out of individual contactors who work different cities. Ask any professional athlete who went broke and they will say the same thing.

Yes but if Flair wasn't neive enough to rush into marriege and spend silly amounts on excesses then it never would have happened.

Besides we are getting off track here, point is Angle has none of those problems which was part of my argument for him retiring sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

reeviint

I'm assuming that's what he means.I just wonder if they would take him back at that age and after being away and with TNA for so many years. And, if they did take him back would they allow the type of run I'm sure he would be expecting.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm guessing by "retirement year" he means a brief run in WWE culminating in a final match at Wrestlemania. There's seriously not a better way for Angle to go out and I'm sure WWE would jump all over the opportunity and pay him whatever he wants for it.

Ending you career in TNA... ehhhhhh. That isn't how you want to go out if you have options, let's just be serious about that. He hasn't faced Undertaker at Wrestlemania yet, so who knows? That might be in the cards for him. Or maybe a one-off dream match against Cena or someone else he hasn't wrestled yet. WWE can give him a much better send-off than any other promoter.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Angle would get Punk, in a loser must leave Twitter match at Mania.

Book it.

Book it.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

Book it.

Book it.

Good that clown needs to get off twitter anyway. Don't need to hear about Angle's crap anymore.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why would Angle job to Punk? If Angle was to shoot on Punk he would tie him up into so much knots Punk would have to wipe his boogers out of his ass. Let's face it, CM Punk isn't exactly the prototypical tough guy here, even with his pro-wrestling style. Not legit.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm guessing by "retirement year" he means a brief run in WWE culminating in a final match at Wrestlemania. There's seriously not a better way for Angle to go out and I'm sure WWE would jump all over the opportunity and pay him whatever he wants for it.

Ending you career in TNA... ehhhhhh. That isn't how you want to go out if you have options, let's just be serious about that. He hasn't faced Undertaker at Wrestlemania yet, so who knows? That might be in the cards for him. Or maybe a one-off dream match against Cena or someone else he hasn't wrestled yet. WWE can give him a much better send-off than any other promoter.

Cena and Angle already had a number of matches in WWE and I don't think a revisit of that would be that big a deal. At least a feud with Punk would be fresh and a dream match for many.

Franco

Reaction score
Kurt vs Daniel Bryan would be epic.
However I don't think Kurt will stick with this plan, and even if he does he will return to wrestling because he craves for attention and spotlight.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Why would Angle job to Punk? If Angle was to shoot on Punk he would tie him up into so much knots Punk would have to wipe his boogers out of his ass. Let's face it, CM Punk isn't exactly the prototypical tough guy here, even with his pro-wrestling style. Not legit.

I agree with you, it's just I lose a support for a guy who hates on the new big star. Angle taking shots at Punk for attention is lame. Older wrestlers should embrace new talent, not be bitter.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Angles problem with Punk still is about Punk taking a shot at him on Twitter, when Punk was still just doing commentary, long time before Punk did his temper tantrum on stage and got over.

Maybe CM Punk should've known better, and know that Angle is a strange cat, who holds grudges.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Angles problem with Punk still is about Punk taking a shot at him on Twitter, when Punk was still just doing commentary, long time before Punk did his temper tantrum on stage and got over.

Maybe CM Punk should've known better, and know that Angle is a strange cat, who holds grudges.

Yes but Angle is playing into Punk's hands, do you think Punk is bothered that he is being slated by him on Twitter? I don't.