• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kudos to The Miz

When The Miz first debuted in the WWE, all of us knew him as 'that reality show guy.' I remember rolling my eyes and thinking there was no way in hell that this guy would ever be able to go from being a reality show blueberry to a WWE superstar.

Yet, here we are, and he has evolved into the man that everyone loves to see. He went from 'hosting' Smackdown and the Diva Search, to being 'The Man' of Raw. He deserves tons of respect for really applying himself and overcoming all the odds to get beyond the point where most mid-carders are never able to climb past. Broken the WWE glass ceiling, if you will. I have seen several what should have been crappy segments saved just by Miz's personality. He has persevered through several angles that would have buried the momentum of lesser superstars, and came out on top. Just goes to show how far good in ring work, an entertaining gimmick, and great mic work will take you.

What are your thoughts on The Miz?

Do you think he is that rare diamond in the rough, or majorly over-rated?

Is he destined for Main Event greatness or doomed to being the most entertaining guy in the mid-card until his gimmick turns stale and he slowly fades away?

LKP

I got to admit over the last few weeks has has grown on me a lot. I like his strut, music and personality. I do think though he will be in the same category as mr perfect and Jake Roberts who were good but never became world champion bracket. I hope he proves me wrong but i cannot see him at the very top.

Mister J

I got to admit over the last few weeks has has grown on me a lot. I like his strut, music and personality. I do think though he will be in the same category as mr perfect and Jake Roberts who were good but never became world champion bracket. I hope he proves me wrong but i cannot see him at the very top.

Curt Hennig was a former AWA world champion. The Miz should never touch a world title. Sorry.

Great One

Miz is like the best thing on Raw and one of the top 5 best things in the WWE. He's purely awesome and is gonna no where but up, and get better and better. Show needs to fuck off though. Can't wait until Miz is champ and a Miz/Christian feud happens.

Great One

Why? He's stepped up, noticably. I mean, yeah the WWE is shitty. But you can't deny that he's stepped his game up overall. That backstage promo defining his early days and 'rookie years' getting picked on by JBL? Absolute gold. Even the shitty guest host segments with guys like Verne Troyer, he made good/watchable when you had no hope. And now, look at what he's doing for Danielson (whom you're probably a fan of) on NXT.

LKP

Curt henning never wont he big wwe title. I cannot see miz winning it, just one of those good wrestlers who didn't. But i hope he proves me wrong.

straight_edge76

Honestly, at first the Miz was just another face in the WWE to me, but as he was given more and more time on television he grew on me more and more. He went from being just a joke characters to being one of if not the most over heel in the WWE. His in ring ability has also drastically improved imo. The earliest recolection (sp?) I have of the Miz wrestling was during his feud with Balls Mahoney on ECW. AT that time I was ready to say he would be gone within the year. But as he stuck around and after his eventual pairing with Morrison he started growing on me, he is now one of my favorite things in the WWE.

Curt Hennig was a former AWA world champion. The Miz should never touch a world title. Sorry.

Who do you believe better suited to hold the US or IC title in the WWE right now? Do you think Drew McIntyre is a credible IC Champion?

Miz is like the best thing on Raw and one of the top 5 best things in the WWE. He's purely awesome and is gonna no where but up, and get better and better. Show needs to fuck off though. Can't wait until Miz is champ and a Miz/Christian feud happens.

I'm looking forward to the Miz/Christian feud as well. I think that Christian will more and likely be the one with the title when they finally feud though. They've pushed Christian into the ME picture already with having him hold the title in ECW while Miz had been regulated to strictly mid-card titles. A feud with Christian as the champ may be what brings Miz up into the Main Event picture when the time comes.

Why? He's stepped up, noticably. I mean, yeah the WWE is shitty. But you can't deny that he's stepped his game up overall. That backstage promo defining his early days and 'rookie years' getting picked on by JBL? Absolute gold. Even the shitty guest host segments with guys like Verne Troyer, he made good/watchable when you had no hope. And now, look at what he's doing for Danielson (whom you're probably a fan of) on NXT.

I give tons of credit to Miz just for the fact that he is able to command attention, step outside the box and get a reaction from the crowd. It's been a while since anyone has been able to accomplish that, and he has taken it to levels that nobody ever expected.

The Miz is a joke.

I think everybody felt that way when he got there. And yet he is hugely over with the crowd at this point and is carrying a lot of the weight on Raw as well as being one of the main focus points on NXT. That is a lot to unload on a guy that just a few years ago was a nobody.

Curt henning never wont he big wwe title. I cannot see miz winning it, just one of those good wrestlers who didn't. But i hope he proves me wrong.

At this point it seems hard to believe that there isn't anything Miz can't accomplish. They put a Main Event title on Sheamus, when he wasn't anywhere near the level as Miz is on.

JurassicBonez

I've been following The Miz since he was on The Real World. That was the 1st season I ever watched. But when he got into the E, he was annouying as hell. He had the "get the hell off my tv" heat that Vicki gets with me.

But he's grown ALOT. From being an annouying fuck to one of favorite wrestlers in what 3, 4 years, he's doing something right. He's one of the top guys who can work the mic in the heel, one of their best heels, and can go in the ring. There's big things in this guys future. He's in the top 3 of heatgetters they have. I look forward to see where he goes next.

P.S. GET BIGSHOW OFF HIS ASS!!

straight_edge76

Well that can go both ways with TNA. They had CM Punk BEFORE the WWE and look at where he is at now.

The same argument can be made with Christian. Goes nowhere in WWE, moves to TNA and becomes one of their man stars, then back to WWE where his future is still in the works.

Right person, right time, right place all plays a role in making a star.