• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kevin Nash ending Goldberg's streak

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
...get To another reply soon D'Z but I have to wonder, through the eyes of a modern fan... I saw some commentary on the Finger Poke of Doom (yet again) and wonder why it was such a bad thing... Probably more of an indictment on today's product but I can't see it and not think of tthr "anything can happen" atmosphere created in the glory days, partially because of "bad booking" and crash TV nonsense like this. Nash lays down for Hogan, Goldberg runs out like nah, I'm sick of this bullshit and tries to clean house IN HANDCUFFS, before Luger turns heel and...

It felt so Attitude Era to me. Yes, I know the excuses to why it was bad but those same excuses point to the current product as being good so stop.

Maybe you just had to be there. It's like how Vince Russo's last TNA run may be justifiable on paper but if you never watched the horror that was Lockdown 2014 live on WWEF.net..

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
...get To another reply soon D'Z but I have to wonder, through the eyes of a modern fan... I saw some commentary on the Finger Poke of Doom (yet again) and wonder why it was such a bad thing... Probably more of an indictment on today's product but I can't see it and not think of tthr "anything can happen" atmosphere created in the glory days, partially because of "bad booking" and crash TV nonsense like this. Nash lays down for Hogan, Goldberg runs out like nah, I'm sick of this bullshit and tries to clean house IN HANDCUFFS, before Luger turns heel and...

It felt so Attitude Era to me. Yes, I know the excuses to why it was bad but those same excuses point to the current product as being good so stop.

Maybe you just had to be there. It's like how Vince Russo's last TNA run may be justifiable on paper but if you never watched the horror that was Lockdown 2014 live on WWEF.net..

I was there at the time and I was watching WCW over WWF mainly because that is what was on free TV here. 1999 was also when I stopped watching wrestling until 2016 (here the network is $10, satellite TV is $100)

With what we know now WWF beat up WCW and stole there stuff. I started watching WCW Nitro which was the 1st wrestling TV shopws I watched since Superstars in the 1980's. In the 90's I was watching WWF events on VHS (big 4+ IN Your House basically). At the time I did not know about all the back stage stuff going on or the Monday Night Wars as I was cut off from the USA scene (limited access to internet as well only at friends house).

For a while there WCW was really good (for the time), 1997 was Sting vs NWO and the rise of Goldberg. Later on (late 1998 I suppose) there was a massive drop in quality and you had things like NWO red and white, and the constant NWO shenanigans got boring. At 1st it was cool to see Diesel, 123 Kid, and the 80's stars you liked (even heel Hogan worked). I stopped watching 1999 because it was going to the crap (that and "women"). I liked the baby faces like Sting, DDP, Goldberg and those stroylines. Hell I liked the cruiserweights as well (it was so new in 1997 for me). I remember Jericho, Benoit, Eddie from WCW not WWF.

Watching the AE now on the WWE network up to mid 2000 now. If I had seen this at the time I would have watched it over Nitro (97 maybe not).

Reactions: Snowman1