Kenny Omega's WWE Name

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Neilslam

Reaction score
hey all,

I've been watching New Japan on AXS and YouTube and I like Kenny Omega.
"The Cleaner" is quite a find and the WWE would LOVE him. so, in an interview,
he mentions that "I've always been Kenny Omega since I started wrestling. I
don't know if I can be anything else." i.e. if/when he does sign Vince and "Creative"
would probably say "We hate the name. This is what your name is." or "Good name,
but if/when you leave, we own it." so I have a few name ideas when/if the time
comes for "The Cleaner" decides to join:

Tyson Smith (boring)
Winnipeg/Manitoba Smith (Indiana Jones, anyone?)
Kenny Manitoba
Kenny Alpha
Sephiroth (in honor his finisher and FINAL FANTASY)

do we like? any other ideas?

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Nah I think he's a big enough of a deal to go to WWE without getting his name changed, if Adam Cole hasn't had his name changed then I don't think Kenny will.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Nah I think he's a big enough of a deal to go to WWE without getting his name changed, if Adam Cole hasn't had his name changed then I don't think Kenny will.
definitely agree. WWE's not that stingy on name changes anymore, and even if they'd change Kenny Omega's in ring name, I'd bet on it being a real small one, like for example, going from Kevin Steen to Kevin Owens. But all in all, at this point he's a bigger deal than most people WWE has hired, so I'd be surprised if they let people like AJ, Adam Cole or Bobby Roode keep their names but not Kenny

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
They could end up cutting it in half eventually renaming just "Kenny" or just "Omega". Kenny Omega has five syllables, a bit too many for their liking.

Daniel Bryan is the exception rather than the rule from what I've gathered.
I'm genuinely impressed they haven't shortened Akira Tozawa to Tozawa tbh

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Prince Devitt was changed to Finn Balor so there is that.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Prince Devitt was changed to Finn Balor so there is that.
He was signed around 2014 tho. Recently, they've had AJ Styles, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish, Nakamura, Karl Anderson, Hell even the entire Cruiserweight division came in and atleast most of them kept the names that they established themselves with. Plus if finn balor did have the name Prince Devitt in WWE. It would be less facepaint, more crowns and thrones.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
He was signed around 2014 tho. Recently, they've had AJ Styles, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish, Nakamura, Karl Anderson, Hell even the entire Cruiserweight division came in and atleast most of them kept the names that they established themselves with. Plus if finn balor did have the name Prince Devitt in WWE. It would be less facepaint, more crowns and thrones.

Ehh true I guess.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
....Kitty Omega :kitler:

ABORT MISSION!

200.gif

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Neilslam

Reaction score
I have one. in honor of his secondary finisher. Doctor Bomb. (wink)

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
As others, particularly Greenie, have mentioned, Kenny Omega would likely keep his name if he came to WWE. Of course, he would start out in NXT, which seems to be the thing lately. It seems ever since Samoa Joe showed up in NXT, WWE decided to let guys keep their names. Maybe if Kevin Owens had waited for a few months, he'd still be Kevin Steen (I actually like Owens better). Kenny was the "hot guy" earlier in the year that everyone was talking about going to WWE, so I am sure he'd stay Kenny Omega and honestly, would refer to himself as the Cleaner.

In regards to him going to WWE, my assumption is that it will eventually happen, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. With NJPW using them as the face of their North America expansion, I think he's pretty happy where he is. Much like myself, Kenny is a Japanophile (we're not weeaboo's because we don't pretend to be Japanese) and is likely content where he is. He has rejected WWE offers several times. However, I do think he will eventually go to WWE. He'll build his profile up even further and I am sure will be offered a good good deal.

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
As others, particularly Greenie, have mentioned, Kenny Omega would likely keep his name if he came to WWE. Of course, he would start out in NXT, which seems to be the thing lately. It seems ever since Samoa Joe showed up in NXT, WWE decided to let guys keep their names. Maybe if Kevin Owens had waited for a few months, he'd still be Kevin Steen (I actually like Owens better). Kenny was the "hot guy" earlier in the year that everyone was talking about going to WWE, so I am sure he'd stay Kenny Omega and honestly, would refer to himself as the Cleaner.

In regards to him going to WWE, my assumption is that it will eventually happen, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. With NJPW using them as the face of their North America expansion, I think he's pretty happy where he is. Much like myself, Kenny is a Japanophile (we're not weeaboo's because we don't pretend to be Japanese) and is likely content where he is. He has rejected WWE offers several times. However, I do think he will eventually go to WWE. He'll build his profile up even further and I am sure will be offered a good good deal.

Definitely think he will build his profile up further. He isn't going to come to WWE to go to NXT he's going to want to do what AJ did and go straight onto main roster and I agree with that. Technically you could argue he should go straight there anyway but right now he's better off in NJPW doing what he's doing until the time comes when he feels like its time to move on. I have no doubts he will be on WWE tv one day, the longer that is the bigger the star he will be when he does appear

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Definitely think he will build his profile up further. He isn't going to come to WWE to go to NXT he's going to want to do what AJ did and go straight onto main roster and I agree with that. Technically you could argue he should go straight there anyway but right now he's better off in NJPW doing what he's doing until the time comes when he feels like its time to move on. I have no doubts he will be on WWE tv one day, the longer that is the bigger the star he will be when he does appear

If Triple H is true to his word, no one will come into the WWE directly anymore. He said earlier this year that he felt it was a mistake to let AJ go right onto the roster. WWE uses NXT to imply that the WWE main roster is more difficult and competitive than any other promotion in the world. So Triple H said that other wrestlers need to learn and develop through NXT to prepare for the main roster. So he said that if someone has not been on the main roster before, they now have to go through NXT to get there.

Now, Kenny can tell them he will only sign if they put him on the main roster right away. But if Triple H is true to his word, Kenny would start in NXT. It is a shame of course because he is more than main roster capable. But that is the ego of WWE.

But I am just happy he remains where he is. :) Yeah, WWE will likely be in his future. But I think it is a while off. Hell, AJ didn't sign until he was 39.