• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kennedy

MikeRaw

Two things to address here... Firstly, it was good to see Kennedy back. His promo was pretty good, and he added some starpower to Raw. I'm glad he's on sd, but it was good to see him on Raw...

Anyways, from the promo, two things popped into my mind.
-Firstly, the dude needs to freshen up a bit. I know some people want him to turn heel, but I don't think that's needed, but he does need to come up with some less generic lines. Do you guys want him to turn heel, or stay face?

-Secondly, the dude should actually stick around while injured, without wrestling, to gain some momentum. Like when Austin was injured, but stuck around and you sorta forgot he was even injured, because he was on tv every week. With Kennedy, he could nnot do house shows, and only have to work one day a week, which could be in a non wrestling role (doing promos, hinting at a feud with edge, maybe showin gup in random spots). What do ya think of that?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

The perfect example of someone sticking around while injured was Edge in late 2005. The guy gained a shitload of momentum while injured, because he's just so damn good on the mic. He could find heat every week. I don't think Kennedy can do the same thing though.

First off, Kennedy is face. I don't know what a face could do every week. Is he going to come out and suck the fans dicks every week? Is he going to start a war of words with a heel? If he was to do the latter, logic would say that the heel would take a cheapshot. That's not going to keep him on TV.

I know a lot of people want Kennedy to turn heel, but shit, he only just turned face. Turning him heel isn't going to do him any good. The way I see it, the guy is stale as shit either way. Kennedy is boring. He interested me when he first debuted, but since then, I couldn't give a flying fuck about the guy.

Anyway, he can't really stick around and be productive, and he sucks either way, to answer your questions.

Soulpower

I'm just wondering what in the hell was the point of that entire segment. It did nothing to make me excited about Kennedy coming back. Hell, it barely had anything to do with wrestling.

First off, Kennedy is face. I don't know what a face could do every week. Is he going to come out and suck the fans dicks every week? Is he going to start a war of words with a heel? If he was to do the latter, logic would say that the heel would take a cheapshot. That's not going to keep him on TV.

What, thats a bad idea? Have him stick around for two - three weeks, dis all the heels etc and build some momentum like that. Have a heel, any solid heel come out and massacre him, obviously keeping in mind his current injury or whatever, that way you've put some solid heat on a heel, and Kennedy will have some momentum from his previous weeks, plus the added 'return for revenge' shit they can play.

That would be much better than just keeping him off tele, and possibly playing a little promo video on the tron...

CT Styles

Kennedy is so overrated. His mic skills especially. Anyone can say their name over and over again. That doesn't take talent. He should just go to TNA. Maybe him as a tweener would freshen him up a little but he's worth nothing to me. Like BKB, at the beginning I was interested a little, now I just don't care.

What, thats a bad idea? Have him stick around for two - three weeks, dis all the heels etc and build some momentum like that. Have a heel, any solid heel come out and massacre him, obviously keeping in mind his current injury or whatever, that way you've put some solid heat on a heel, and Kennedy will have some momentum from his previous weeks, plus the added 'return for revenge' shit they can play.

That would be much better than just keeping him off tele, and possibly playing a little promo video on the tron...

Well, when the same thing has just happened to Evan Bourne, yeah, I'd consider it a pretty awful idea.

Adampro123

I'm just wondering what in the hell was the point of that entire segment. It did nothing to make me excited about Kennedy coming back. Hell, it barely had anything to do with wrestling.

Well thats just it. i don't think it was about kennedy coming back. it was more about promoting his movie. or rather reminding every of him and telling them about the movie so maybe they would go check it out.

JTG

I know Kennedy just turned face, but turning him heel would freshen him up a bit, and it fits his character. He still has a lot to offer to the business, and turning him heel again would prove that, which could make him one of the top guys on SmackDown…

But now he comes out to some gay music. Kennedy’s original theme was great. I TURN UP THE TROUBLE TILL IT GETS REAL LOUD, I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER THAT WAY. I’M GONNA MESS WITH YOUR MIND CAUSE I KNOW THAT I CAN.

London

yeah its true Kennedy needs to be heel and it is true Kennedy needs to be coming back out to his old theme song

How is Kennedy going heel going to freshen him up? He was fucking stale as shit when he was heel before, and people were complaining. Just face facts that he isn't what he's cracked up to be. Fickle smarks.

Airfixx

Kennedy's alright... Never bought into the idea that "he's as good as The Rock on the mic" and all that shit, but SD needs midcard faces right now so his return would be most welcome.

He'll have some decent TV matches with BK & Shelton and maybe if they are TRULY serious about getting Kozlov over they could put Kennedy in a long-term, ultimately losing fued against him.

CenaMark54

That segment was a complete waste of time. It might have been more embarrasing than Cena and his gang of 10 year old followers.