• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
I don't think Marvel or the sponsor companies care about Batista being booed or not, it's the fact thereof that he's in WWE.

uh u missing point he not big drew in holywood like the rock is so it not a good business AT ALL!

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Emperor, what would you do for business, if your employee, got a main role in a movie?

Apparently, Gohan would bury him because Gohan doesn't realize that the publicity generated by Marvel's latest movie (which will no doubt produce decent box office returns....after all, it is a Marvel movie) will be great publicity for the company. And having Batista, one of the top stars of the movie, as a top guy in the company (he doesn't even have to be Champion, although that wouldn't hurt) will produce great numbers among casuals. Numbers = money.

I haven't defended Batista winning the Rumble, as I don't think it was the right decision. There are a lot of other ways to make him a big name in the company. But, Vince and Paul thought Batista would get a solid babyface pop reaction when he returned, especially with a feud right off the top against Alberto Del Rio. They were wrong. It happens. Some people think they're tone deaf to have made this mistake. I just figure that there were two variables they missed on: the fickleness of casuals when it comes to returning wrestlers and the uber-popularity of Bryan coupled with the fact that nearly everyone though Bryan should have at least been a part of the Rumble (the continuing storyline of the Authority screwing Bryan out of his opportunities to win the belt didn't hurt either). I'm also willing to bet that anyone who's booking for a living (rather than as an amateur like we're all doing) could have easily made the same mistake.

Yes, Gohan. We all heard five or six months ago that the plan was for CM Punk to win the Rumble (that rumor started back around Summerslam by the way). This would have meant him going on to main event Mania 30. However, it's worth noting that in his only interview on any of this since the Rumble, he mentioned that it should have been Daniel Bryan headlining Mania, not CM Punk. Because it's Daniel Bryan's year.

wk

GoldbergFan1

Jobber
Reaction score
Apparently, Gohan would bury him because Gohan doesn't realize that the publicity generated by Marvel's latest movie (which will no doubt produce decent box office returns....after all, it is a Marvel movie) will be great publicity for the company. And having Batista, one of the top stars of the movie, as a top guy in the company (he doesn't even have to be Champion, although that wouldn't hurt) will produce great numbers among casuals. Numbers = money.

I haven't defended Batista winning the Rumble, as I don't think it was the right decision. There are a lot of other ways to make him a big name in the company. But, Vince and Paul thought Batista would get a solid babyface pop reaction when he returned, especially with a feud right off the top against Alberto Del Rio. They were wrong. It happens. Some people think they're tone deaf to have made this mistake. I just figure that there were two variables they missed on: the fickleness of casuals when it comes to returning wrestlers and the uber-popularity of Bryan coupled with the fact that nearly everyone though Bryan should have at least been a part of the Rumble (the continuing storyline of the Authority screwing Bryan out of his opportunities to win the belt didn't hurt either). I'm also willing to bet that anyone who's booking for a living (rather than as an amateur like we're all doing) could have easily made the same mistake.

Yes, Gohan. We all heard five or six months ago that the plan was for CM Punk to win the Rumble (that rumor started back around Summerslam by the way). This would have meant him going on to main event Mania 30. However, it's worth noting that in his only interview on any of this since the Rumble, he mentioned that it should have been Daniel Bryan headlining Mania, not CM Punk. Because it's Daniel Bryan's year.

wk

Exactly. I hope this getting through to you Gohan which I'm sure it's just going over ahead again. But that's fine, right, aslong as you get to make a point that involves rumors from a couple weeks ago, right?

Reactions: Wacokid27

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
When looking at this scenario objectively, it seems the loser in this situation isn't simply Daniel Bryan as much as maybe the Royal Rumble match itself.
Injured/Returning stars devalues the win because it gives the impression a rusty cat can walk out of a gym and win a battle royal featuring all the top stars in the company... doing it once is cute but 4 times (HHH/Cena/Edge/Batista) is de-valuing your #2 PPV.
The Rumble winner should a)create a new star b) support your most over star or c) create the most intriguing angle you can possibly write for WrestleMania
MITB may serve to create a new star but when HHH/Edge/Batista all hot shotted the Rumble neither of them winning was truly magnified what winning that event means
Having Batista return the way Austin did in '00 as a lead in to the Rumble would have eased the blow...and turning Bryan into a complete afterthought makes HHH's booking acumen look rather asinine coming out of the gate

The Royal Rumble is a fantastic event which deserves booking worthy of the #2 event. As a lead in to Mania, WWE should know better after all these years to book a 3 month period properly considering this quarter brings in your highest revenue

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score

wk

U really think CM Punk would have given away a main event spot if he was going main event!? I DON'T THINK SO!

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Emperor, what would you do for business, if your employee, got a main role in a movie?

if I owner a wrestling business I would not sign I would work guy I have. I could back to have a spoeail match on the card but not the fuckin main event!

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Every time Emperor replies, I wanna do this:

NDEQDOQNFDQFDQNFDWQFDNWQPINMFDWQNMDPWKMDKMWKDWQODNQWFDNOEQNFEQNODPMDPWMdMKDMdsMDLKMSdmsDMSmdlkmlkmsDMSSmdlkmMKIMPMPMPOMPMPMPMPMPOMFEMPKMEWPFMPFEMFPMEFPMEFPMEFPEMPF

GoldbergFan1

Jobber
Reaction score
Jesus Christ of latter day saints. Emperor I think were all trying to be patience with you but seriously you don't get it. It's about the company gaining ratings a superstar like Dave in a box office hit, especially Marvel. This will grab more people that never watched wrestling and help the company make more money which in turn will help the WWE grow with it's fans. Knowing that Dave is in the movie Guardians of the Galaxy, hypes me up cuz I'm a fan of Marvel and WWE which only means I'm gonna wanna watch WWE and so are my friends and people who don't know WWE but where taken cuz they are fans of Dave's character in the movie. So I don't understand why you don't get this.

:notsure:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.