Kelly Kelly Granted "Time Off" By WWE Officials, Belief She May Not Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vita

Reaction score
A lot of hate for a girl who looked good, always tried her best and made significant improvements over the years to make herself better. She could have coasted on her looks. She didn't. Think about that with the mindless hate out there.

EDIT: While Layla may be a 'big injury' away form retirement, technical so could any diva. Women just aren't built the same way as men and when you're looking at young women who may want families one day and get a bad neck injury or something, you could easily see them changing there mind. I wouldn't say that the WWE has tons of divas ready to replace Kelly Kelly either. She was never going to be the divisions 'star' but she got a lot of mainstream attention which is great.

Frankly, with the way the division is now, the next breakout star is clearly AJ, because her character is interesting and she plays it pretty well. Outside that most divas (example: natalya) have been so watered down that nobody cared.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
She was probably the most well known/established name out of all the WWE divas but probably one of the worst, if not the worst with her in-ring ability. It is god awful and she can barely run the ropes properly. In my own opinion it's no big loss and now someone else can take her spot. One thing WWE will lack with her leaving though is promotional work as Kelly Kelly is quite good looking and she has a lot of fans especially with her becoming a name amongst Maxim and what not. And when a diva has a lot of experience with promotional work it helps when you are trying to promote things obviously. If she is gone, that opens a void in talent that needs to be filled. There is not many divas that can fill that hole.

That's IF she is leaving. Have a feeling she won't as it seems like she loves being in the WWE and all the opportunities she gets as a diva. If she does leave, I hope she poses nude.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
A lot of hate for a girl who looked good, always tried her best and made significant improvements over the years to make herself better. She could have coasted on her looks. She didn't. Think about that with the mindless hate out there.

EDIT: While Layla may be a 'big injury' away form retirement, technical so could any diva. Women just aren't built the same way as men and when you're looking at young women who may want families one day and get a bad neck injury or something, you could easily see them changing there mind. I wouldn't say that the WWE has tons of divas ready to replace Kelly Kelly either. She was never going to be the divisions 'star' but she got a lot of mainstream attention which is great.

Frankly, with the way the division is now, the next breakout star is clearly AJ, because her character is interesting and she plays it pretty well. Outside that most divas (example: natalya) have been so watered down that nobody cared.
It's not so much "hate'" people have for her, it's just that she offers next to nothing aside from her looks and has never been an even remotely good wrestler, even for a woman. Those types tend to get frowned upon, especially for fans who were spoiled by Trish, Lita, Molly, etc when the divas division was actually good. Regardless of what she offers WWE in terms of mainstream attention, that sort of thing is irrelevant to the actual fans of WWE as it should be. It doesn't make her matches any more bearable to sit through knowing her picture is on the side of a bus somewhere.
She was probably the most well known/established name out of all the WWE divas but probably one of the worst, if not the worst with her in-ring ability. It is god awful and she can barely run the ropes properly. In my own opinion it's no big loss and now someone else can take her spot. One thing WWE will lack with her leaving though is promotional work as Kelly Kelly is quite good looking and she has a lot of fans especially with her becoming a name amongst Maxim and what not. And when a diva has a lot of experience with promotional work it helps when you are trying to promote things obviously. If she is gone, that opens a void in talent that needs to be filled. There is not many divas that can fill that hole.

That's IF she is leaving. Have a feeling she won't as it seems like she loves being in the WWE and all the opportunities she gets as a diva. If she does leave, I hope she poses nude.
How the hell will WWE lack promotional work once she's gone? You don't think WWE could just as well put any other diva's face out there for the world to eye-molest? Show me where the ratings spikes are from people tuning into Raw or Smackdown just to see one of those bimbos. It's no wonder their segments are so short because hardly anyone cares about them.

On a side note, I seriously doubt her moderate ranking in Maxim earned her any fans. If anything, she provided wank material for the 17-year-olds who read that magazine.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
How the hell will WWE lack promotional work once she's gone? You don't think WWE could just as well put any other diva's face out there for the world to eye-molest? Show me where the ratings spikes are from people tuning into Raw or Smackdown just to see one of those bimbos. It's no wonder their segments are so short because hardly anyone cares about them.

On a side note, I seriously doubt her moderate ranking in Maxim earned her any fans. If anything, she provided wank material for the 17-year-olds who read that magazine.

She was still becoming sort of a name outside the WWE and actually getting on the Maxim cover. Not just being a moderate ranking. WWE were using her A LOT for promotional work.

Vita

Reaction score
for those saying kelly sucked in the ring, gail kim was awesome and what did the wwe do with her? it's not like she wasn't pretty too, but she wasn't a pretty blonde that didn't look plastic. Kelly is. thats all im arguing.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I mean yeah that's the case but really there is a lot of Kelly's of the world out there they could get at anytime which is why she is very easy to replace. Gotta remember she got signed while being a model with no wrestling experience so if they want another Kelly they could go get one really.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With Beth, Kharma, Layla, AJ and Eve (I'll go as far as Kaitlyn but I'm biased) on the roster among others, I don't get whats so valuable about Kelly. Even if her departure does leave a gap to fill, any of the aforementioned Divas could fill it.

Kelly could actually get a reaction from the crowd so she was more valuable that most other divas. Layla, Kharma and possibly AJ are the only others that really get any reaction from the crowd and so it is a loss even if she wasn't excellent in the ring. WWE will hope that one of the other up an comers can fill the gap and actually get the crowd to stick around during Divas matches rather than tuning out.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
An update:

PWInsider said:
Once WWE heard the stories making the rounds that she was looking for projects outside of the company during her time off, there was a push to get her to sign a new deal as soon as possible. She is still under a current deal but WWE feels she's the most marketable Diva currently on the roster and is willing to spend to lock her into a longer term deal.

What's interesting about the Kelly situation is that there's a feeling of burnout among much of the crew now that everyone is pretty much working every TV taping and with travel, losing 1-2 days they used to have to mentally and physically rest before going back on the road. There is a feeling among some that the Bellas, similar to Jeff Hardy years ago, might have started a trend with the women to get out and take breaks as opposed to continue on the grind. We'll see where Kelly ends up. She was not said to be happy with our report.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't see the harm in her booking some projects whilst in WWE since in the end it means more publicity for the company, as long as it doesn't impact her WWE schedule it shouldn't be an issue. What WWE should do is give her a few months off so that she can test the waters outside WWE and when nothing eventuates then bring her back in with a new deal.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Because WWE don't like people taking bookings that they don't get them or make money from.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But if she is referred to as a WWE Diva in the projects that she does outside of WWE, whilst under contract, it is a nice way to advertise the company. Yes they won't get a cut of the money from the deal, nor should they unless the themselves broker the deal, but it is some free advertising.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Although things can always change, WWE Diva Kelly Kelly, who has been absent from WWE as she was reportedly on leave, is advertised for next week's Raw show in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

As always with the description of events. "Card subject to change" so doesn't mean she will be back.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The only RAW Diva around at the moment is Beth Phoenix since Kharma, Kelly Kelly and Eve are all inactive right now. They have plenty of Smackdown divas and since they aren't even featured each week she doesn't really need to rush back. I do expect her back before SummerSlam.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Urgh, the division had a better ring to it without both her and Eve around but it seems they're both on the road to coming back :(