Kelly Kelly Granted "Time Off" By WWE Officials, Belief She May Not Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Like I said, Kelly was going to get paid and what she wanted out the company. She is the diva, the most valuable commodity they have as a female, so they gave her somethings she wanted ....#BUSINESS

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Like I said, Kelly was going to get paid and what she wanted out the company. She is the diva, the most valuable commodity they have as a female, so they gave her somethings she wanted ....#BUSINESS
Defiant's post earlier in this thread is the perfect response to this and her value

I agree Kelly is one of the most "marketable" (though that probably isn't the best word) Divas, but I wouldn't attribute that to her progression or skill or anything. She's your typical blonde barbie girl, more obnoxiously so than any other blonde Diva, and that's all it really takes to get on all the magazine covers. This isn't usually a bad thing, but Kelly just never improved enough considering how long she's been around. She had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I remember the last promo she was in I think a couple of months ago when she backstage with Eve turning heel, and it looked like she was scared stiff or something. Will the women's division miss her? Doubtful. Having gotten about all we'd probably ever get out of Kelly and now on the way out, this opens the door for another Diva to step up and hopefully become the figurehead the division actually needs, especially with the Bellas gone too.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
And wwe reaching out to her and bringing her back despite her having outside business deals is a perfect retort ... Wwe showed how much they value her whereas they told Mickie, Maria, Maryse, and others kick rocks. Kelly is a commodity, young, pretty, and over despite what shortcomings she has in the ring and as an actress, which speaks to her simply having an IT that the other divas lack and wwe needs for marketing. Simple and plain

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
She doesn't have any "IT" the stuff you named is stuff they can go and find any pretty model to do which is how they found her in the first place. She isn't the only young and pretty model on the planet like you make her out to be. Maryse wasn't a case of they told her to go away she wanted to leave WWE a whole year before she did. Maria left cause WWE wanted a piece of her music career and same with Mickie mixed with other drama apparently. You're making Kelly out to be bigger than she really is when she is so easily replaceable.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
She doesn't have any "IT" the stuff you named is stuff they can go and find any pretty model to do which is how they found her in the first place. She isn't the only young and pretty model on the planet like you make her out to be. Maryse wasn't a case of they told her to go away she wanted to leave WWE a whole year before she did. Maria left cause WWE wanted a piece of her music career and same with Mickie mixed with other drama apparently. You're making Kelly out to be bigger than she really is when she is so easily replaceable.
Crazy ass Maryse complained about Vince not trying to keep her;,they didn't care. Maria wanted to do music and not give a cut and they showed her the door. Mickie they humbled for getting actually fat and sloppy, crazy too if u believe Kenny before letting her go.

The only thing that you have to go on is what they did for Kelly. Kelly took outside bookings with no punishment, Kelly got time off as she wanted it, and she got a new deal according to some reports. She is the cover girl regardless of if you think they could get ssomeone else or not they did what it took to say we value you, you are our face of the female brand, and you will be our face so in that regard yea she has IT, enough IT for wwe to bend and do some catering to her like they would a Mysterio as she is the only diva who sells. And yeah she has it because she can go in any city and be cheered no matter how bad she maybe at somethings the same way shit like Ryder and Santino are, without all the mindless youtube/twitter ass kissing and silly pandering/gags. She is also the only diva act outside Vickie with a consistent reaction for years

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
WWE may not want to let go of Kelly, but I choose to call bullshit on this because I don't see the value in her at all. She's easy on the eyes, and that is literally it. The point I want to get across is that Kelly's marketability in WWE's eyes just doesn't sit well with me because I firmly believe the company doesn't really know what its fans in 2012 want from the Divas division anymore. It starts to piss me off when I reflect on the multitude of other women on WWE's current roster and recent past who, with some commitment on WWE's part, have all the potential to become the real pioneer and/or figurehead the division deserves. The Trish Stratus or Lita today's division desperately needs.

Instead we have Kelly. I've explained earlier how little I see in her and why, but it mostly revolves around how little she has improved despite years of work and plenty of opportunities. Trish Stratus was another blonde bimbo to me in her first 1 or 2 years of her career despite her solid athletic conditioning. But after just a few years, as well as some commitment from WWE, Trish proved me totally wrong. To me, she's now the most improved wrestler I think I've ever witnessed and one of the greatest Divas of all time. She, as well as strong rivals and threats WWE also established around her, breathed life into the division.

We don't have that anymore. Kelly doesn't do that, I don't care about what kind of pop she gets. I'm sorry. but she has just never impressed me once in her career. I don't hate her, I think the problem is with WWE constantly propping her up as the face of the Divas division, oblivious to the ineffectual result.

She simply isn't capable for the role. But you know what else is missing from today's WWE that they used to have in the "Trish Stratus era"? A real willingness to commit to the improvement of the Divas division as a whole and a misunderstanding of what today's audience want in a Diva, or even a female wrestler.

THAT is a systemic problem within WWE, because I see nothing but talent and potential in pretty much every Diva on the roster. Even Kelly, just not to the extent of leading the division. If I come off as aggressive its not because I hate WWE, Kelly or the division. Its because I see a problem that NEEDS to be fixed if we're ever going to really start scratching the potential of these Divas. Eve and AJ have gotten more over recently than Kelly ever has thanks to a bit of long term booking.

The reason I disagree with you on this so vehemently, Saiyans, is because rather than expressing any real opinion or critique, you seem content to simply justify what WWE is doing. Its just an attitude I can't stand because it impedes any real progress or modifications being made.

Now then, lets continue to argue the marketability of a woman named KELLY FUCKING KELLY!

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I never said she was good. I never said she was a great wrestler or even passable actress. The point I'm making and made since day one that this came out was that WWE would miss her. The fact is I'm not her biggest fan, not a hater, just an observer. She will and would have been missed by wwe as she is the girl thy put in the cups, on the trucks that come to town, on the talk shows, and so on. They would miss her is what I said, they would miss her because she is a pillar and representation that they want, and they showed it.

Let me point out Orton as a comparison. He is a guy who the company pushed down our throat much like Kelly. He doesn't draw. He can't sell out arenas as seen in SD, he loses viewers whenever he has had the title in his career and isn't feuding with Cena, Dave or HHH. That is the truth behind the guy, good solid wrestler or not, they are just what makes him him once you go past the facade to the business side, that said they can't lose him either because he is young, has some thread on the tires, they have invested in him, and while the tv time they have given has never and will never payoff like it did with Cena, HHH, Edge, or Batista, much like Kelly will never payoff like Trish or Lita did, he is essential because the talent pool is shallow and they need him to be one of the blue brand pillars like Kelly has to be the pillar associated with the butterfly belt division.

I'm not saying the divas are used right, I'm not saying there are not divas who are better than her on the ring as Natalya and Tamina are, but you don't give them the same licensing basically because they are mannish looking and not over. There are girls who are better actresses but it doesn't matter if they can't get over like a AJ is now doing. She also doesn't fuck up plans as she knows how to use birth control, unlike Kong who they wasted so much time on, only to do nothing but bleed money to her for going on two years now without a payoff. Kelly is essential simply because of what the other girls are not and wwe had to show that they value her.

They showed that, she stayed on where others were told kick rocks and theres the damn door which is a double standard they only exercise for those they value as we all know, and at the end of the day all that matters in the grand scheme is that she is viewed as a commodity by the company and Vince. Like it or not once that happened and was solidified which it was now, she reached into a Mysterio, Orton, Punk, Bryan, and so on group as opposed to being just one of the crowd.

I feel the same way you do about Kelly when it pertains to Jericho, Orton, and even Punk/Bryan on most nights. They aren't good enough to be where they are on the card, with the machine behind them, and so on and the facts and figures shows they aren't. That said I get that wwe values them because while they will never be Taker, Cena, HHH, Batista, Edge, Mysterio, or HBK talent and commodities, they are still the best that they have now. The talent pool now is shallow so what should be a mid carder or upper mid card transition guy is now the guys in the world title scene and main eventing the b brand in Randy's case out of necessity. Just like how Kelly would have been so low on the totem pole in the glory days behind a Trish and Lita in the division or even a Stacy and Torrie on tv doesn't matter now because none of the other girls are good enough to get over on their ring, mic skills, or look along so she gets over values since she is already over, a looker, young, good with pr, and so on. It is more about attrition than anything else, but the fact is she is needed and valued by the brass and I can see why she would be and is just like I see why guys like Orton, Punk, Bruan, and Jericho are used in higher profiles now than they would have ever dreamed of

Last edited:

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
She'll have a career like Stacy Kiebler, eventually end up with a George Clooney to support them financially if things go wrong.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
She'll have a career like Stacy Kiebler, eventually end up with a George Clooney to support them financially if things go wrong.
Not hot enough to bag herself a Clooney, more like a Costanza.