Keith Lee sucks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
What do you mean by well spoken and has mic skills?

Keith is a big guy who sounds like a poet with an awkward cadence. by what standard does this dude have mic skills??
Keith Lee when he talks on the mic, he sounds very interesting and the choice of words he uses. He sounds so passionate when he gets on the mic. When I listen to him, he sounds so convincing, not forced, sounds like a guy that is actually speaking from the heart in his way instead of sounding robotic like most of the people in the WWE.

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Keith Lee when he talks on the mic, he sounds very interesting and the choice of words he uses. He sounds so passionate when he gets on the mic. When I listen to him, he sounds so convincing, not forced, sounds like a guy that is actually speaking from the heart in his way instead of sounding robotic like most of the people in the WWE.

Ok, you’re not getting the questions.

Im talking about him being passionate or speaking from he heart, that’s irrelevant

How does he sound and talk entertaining? How is he entertaining on the mic? How is he an entertaining and compelling character?

Also he does sound robotic, talks in a very weird robotic cadence, with the accent of some early 1900’s poet, “greets and salutations” has no place in combat sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brad Boyd

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He captivates me with the soothing sound of his voice before moving onto his unique but eloquent cadence that keeps me hanging on every word. Pure entertainment and verbal charisma mate

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
does calling someone a Roody Poo Candy Ass for 5 years straight qualify as mic skills? Everyone has different tastes.

Did you just even suggest that Keith Lee is superior to Rock on the mic? Please don’t embarrass yourself like that.

Wrestling isn’t acedemic debates that happens in universities, they are trash talk entertainment that happens at a combat event.

Talking like a poet flies in an academic university where you’re not meant to entertain anyone , makes zero sense in entertainment unless you have a character that you’re trying to sell as boring and tart.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
Did you just even suggest that Keith Lee is superior to Rock on the mic? Please don’t embarrass yourself like that.

Wrestling isn’t acedemic debates that happens in universities, they are trash talk entertainment that happens at a combat event.

Talking like a poet flies in an academic university where you’re not meant to entertain anyone , makes zero sense in entertainment unless you have a character that you’re trying to sell as boring and tart.

I'd much rather watch someone recite a poem instead of listen to a Rock Promo. But yes, Keith Lee is great on the mic, he has passion for it. He doesn't rely on a Catchphrase to make it enjoyable. Don't even get me started on Ring Work

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I mean... some people find it entertaining though that’s what you don’t get. Obviously I wasn’t trying to say he was superior on the mic to the Rock. I was just saying that different people find different things entertaining. It’s just annoying that you think just because he talks eloquently that it’s not entertaining. I find it entertaining. I think it’s unique. Sorry. Entertaining doesn’t always have to be screaming at the top of your lungs and making weird facial expressions.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
He captivates me with the soothing sound of his voice before moving onto his unique but eloquent cadence that keeps me hanging on every word. Pure entertainment and verbal charisma mate

tenor.gif

The finest octaves and an academically eloquent cadence, where no Raving Rapscallion can dare challenge!!

So rich and smooth it puts me to a deep sleep better than a warm glass of milk... Bon Jovi!!!

Monopoly-Man.jpg

LastingVagueCardinal-max-1mb.gif

I'd much rather watch someone recite a poem instead of listen to a Rock Promo. But yes, Keith Lee is great on the mic, he has passion for it. He doesn't rely on a Catchphrase to make it enjoyable. Don't even get me started on Ring Work

Keith Lee better than Rock on the mic??

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I mean... some people find it entertaining though that’s what you don’t get. Obviously I wasn’t trying to say he was superior on the mic to the Rock. I was just saying that different people find different things entertaining. It’s just annoying that you think just because he talks eloquently that it’s not entertaining. I find it entertaining. I think it’s unique. Sorry. Entertaining doesn’t always have to be screaming at the top of your lungs and making weird facial expressions.

They don’t though, look everyone has different tastes, but they’re able to explain them, they can’t do it.

I’ve even heard reasons for why someone would think Chris Benoit was a good mic worker, despite being one of the worst in the business.

Keith Lee though? No explanation, I’m having people tell me that his voice soothes them or that he loves the business, but no explanation of how he entertains on the mic and in character.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
tenor.gif

The finest octaves and an academically eloquent cadence, where no Raving Rapscallion can dare challenge!!

So rich and smooth it puts me to a deep sleep better than a warm glass of milk... Bon Jovi!!!

Monopoly-Man.jpg

LastingVagueCardinal-max-1mb.gif

Keith Lee better than Rock on the mic??

giphy-downsized-large.gif

They don’t though, look everyone has different tastes, but they’re able to explain them, they can’t do it.

I’ve even heard reasons for why someone would think Chris Benoit was a good mic worker, despite being one of the worst in the business.

Keith Lee though? No explanation, I’m having people tell me that his voice soothes them or that he loves the business, but no explanation of how he entertains on the mic and in character.

Are you dense? That’s a serious question. How the fuck do you explain HOW someone is entertaining on the mic? It’s all a matter of opinion. If you say “his voice soothes me” then that’s an explanation. Like what the fuck :lmao

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Are you dense? That’s a serious question. How the fuck do you explain HOW someone is entertaining on the mic? It’s all a matter of opinion. If you say “his voice soothes me” then that’s an explanation.

His voice being soothing doesn’t mean he’s entertaining on the mic, I for example think his voice is soothing as it makes me go to sleep, in no way does he entertain me though, as he makes me sleep.

If this is the new style of promo:

Then wrestling is in bigger trouble than it already is.

I can explanation that Kurt Angle entertained me with his passive aggressive comments towards the audience, or his passive aggressive condescending jock tone, his characters obviousness to his hypocrisy or his ability to get serious and hook me with his believable realistic delivery, and that’s off the top of my head.

Yet when I ask how Keith Lee entertains, I get “his voice soothes me” and “LOL Rock fan!”

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
His voice being soothing doesn’t mean he’s entertaining on the mic, I for example think his voice is soothing as it makes me go to sleep, in no way does he entertain me though, as he makes me sleep.

If this is the new style of promo:

Then wrestling is in bigger trouble than it already is.

Ok so he doesn’t entertain YOU. He entertains ME and multiple others on this site.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
This guy is just not going to say agree to disagree. He is just going to continue. I am done with this.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Look I understand why you don’t think he’s entertaining. His style is not for everyone I guess. But A LOT of people like him and saying the future of wrestling is in trouble because of him is silly.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I can't even read what he has written - but I will say this to everyone else. It sounds like he is now telling people - that they need to actually substantiate and validate their own opinion. Everyone should swerve this online zealot - he is an extremist.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler