Kane Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deuce

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the Big Red return, hopefully he will still be in main event matches since that is where he belongs.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Regarding Kane's return, word is that he will be on the RAW brand as a heel when he returns. Kane is scheduled to return in time for the Royal Rumble.

On a related note, there's been a lot of speculation on whether or not Kane will be masked when he returns. Word is that that decision is still up in the air. Officials wanted to use the mask in the video so there would be no question that it was for Kane's return.
Not sure about returning as a heel as people will likely pop for his return and the possible return of the mask. Who's he gonna feud with aswell as Cena & Punk are both occupied.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Think he'd have to go with Mark Henry first just due to how he went out which would mean another run as World Champ because having his return hyped to lose his first feud would be a waste.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Cena vs Kane would be a decent feud... I'd like to see it.

Zen

Reaction score
I think for the most part the mask will be a prop -- it would be absolutely impossible to create magic the character had in the 90's. So I don't think the mask will fix the long term problems associated with the character. It wasn't as if the mask was all he had -- right after they took it off, he got a MONSTER push from 2003-2005. Kane isn't exactly the best worker ever, and he is really nearing the end of his career. I think if they do give him a final push, they will probably feed him to someone(Cena?Punk?Orton?Henry etc.) -- which is not a bad way to go out at all. Historically, you jobbed on your way out. I think he might get one more reign at most -- hopefully it will end better than the one last year which was absolutely ruined by that horrific feud with Edge. Really, though, all things considered, it is just too late for any sort of meaningful turn around for Kane.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I definitely see Kane feuding with Cena because who else does Cena have to feud with between now and WM28? There is no other heel on the RAW brand that fits the bill and so it is a good move to bring him back as a heel. Yes fans will pop for him early on but it should be pretty easy for them to get the fans to boo him.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think for the most part the mask will be a prop -- it would be absolutely impossible to create magic the character had in the 90's. So I don't think the mask will fix the long term problems associated with the character. It wasn't as if the mask was all he had -- right after they took it off, he got a MONSTER push from 2003-2005. Kane isn't exactly the best worker ever, and he is really nearing the end of his career. I think if they do give him a final push, they will probably feed him to someone(Cena?Punk?Orton?Henry etc.) -- which is not a bad way to go out at all. Historically, you jobbed on your way out. I think he might get one more reign at most -- hopefully it will end better than the one last year which was absolutely ruined by that horrific feud with Edge. Really, though, all things considered, it is just too late for any sort of meaningful turn around for Kane.

If Kane is about to go out the so is Henry, Kane is only 4 years older. The problem with his character started when Taker decided to do the American Badass thing. It made the whole character of Kane like wtf why isn't he a biker too(illgogical yes) Taker went back to Taker but never really did to much with Kane after that and WWE tried to do one thing for Kane without Taker unfortunately for all involved it was the Katie Vick thing.

Kane really needs a Kane storyline without Taker involved something just completely him but true to the character. They've told us about their childhood "the fire" what happened after that bring in something or someone else that Kane hooked up with after the fire thing that could "haunt" him.

I think Taker is truly going out soon and Kane is being setup to replace him as the top dog in the yard until he retires also.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I prefer Kane with the mask, I just couldn't take him serious when he didn't have the mask.

Should be interesting to see where this leads but in all honesty, it looks like Taker/Kane feud might happen again... Would rather Kane over Taker though...

Either way, I just hope things are different this time around.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Kane went over and destroyed Taker last time basically at every turn. I wouldn't be again them having a match at mania especially if and when both men decide to go out for good. I also wouldn't object to the BOD actually having a tag team match at Mania as a first time thing because it would give Kanensomething big to do and give Taker an easy out to almost guarantee another streak match

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
So will Kane have any involvement on TLC? Maybe a possible interruption during or after the Mark Henry/Big Show match? Maybe he has some sort of an involvement if Cena ends up wrestling or has a segment? Either way, I prefer Kane with the mask and this is going to keep me very interested, I hope he doesn't turn face anytime soon due to the whole mask thing WWE are doing at WM28 (see ref. at bottom of post). Also I didn't like it when he had no mask, he bored me.

WrestleZone said:
It's being reported that one of the reasons why Kane returned at Raw last night wearing a mask is because, as we have been reporting, WWE wants to set a new Guinness World Record for the most amount of costume masks worn at one time at an event.
WWE is looking to set the record at WrestleMania 28, and the current record was set in May of 2011 at an MLB game between The Los Angeles Angels and The Chicago White Sox.
The event saw 27,080 fans all wearing lucha libre masks for a ten minute period.

Jay

Reaction score
I am curious as how they are going to explain him needing or wanting the mask again. Thats my only problem.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So Kane vs Mysterio vs. Sin Cara vs. random dudes wearing masks. I don't see how they think just by having Kane back they'll achieve that record.

Zen

Reaction score
Well, apparently, it is a far bigger prop than I had initially anticipated, assuming the word on the street is correct, this is all to sell some merch/make some record.

If Kane is about to go out the so is Henry, Kane is only 4 years older.

Not really. Henry is at the absolute peak of his career, and has been generally been doing well for the last 3 years. He has been on fire this year. He completely reinvented himself, and has been giving the best matches of his career(he has been pretty good in the ring post-2007). I would argue that he was pretty much the super star of this year, even if only a few others noticed. There might be people who did certain things better, but as the overall package he was probably better than anyone else this year. He had the MOTY(with Danielson, IMO), had a lot of other great in ring stuff, completely shined on the mic(he usually does), and had a pretty interesting character. Furthermore, the WWE seems to be taking himself seriously, and he is in the middle of the biggest push of his life.

Compare that with Kane -- who has been a personal favourite of mine over the years -- but never a great in ring worker, has been stagnant and mistreated over the years, and generally doesn't seem to have much going for him. Sure, he got the mask back on, but that means very little. That won't rectify much and it is for some meaningless reason as it is. He is old, not exactly on a high note of his career, and basically spent. If anything, he will be leaving soon, and Henry will be sticking around for a few more years and leaving when he wants to(Henry might leave in 1-2 years or stick around). In just about every relevant factor, Henry is in a much much much better position than Kane. I like Kane, but this is merely the reality. Kane was one of those big guys who was deceptively athletic -- thus giving the illusion that he was great in the ring(since smarks really seem to fall in love with guys who move fast) but he never really panned out in the ring.

Comparing Kane and Henry at this point, really, isn't fair to either of them -- especially Kane. Henry is just in another league right now. Henry has ALL those factors going for him, AND, he has about 4 more years of youth, barring some health condition or some injury, Henry is in a much better position and point in his career than Kane is.

It made the whole character of Kane like wtf why isn't he a biker too(illgogical yes)

Not quite. Being a biker is a personal hobby, that one does out of one's own volition, it is not a genetic inclination for the most part. It wasn't as if Taker is Kane's brothers, and we find out he is a vampire -- and then we all go scratching our heads, thinking, "Shouldn't Kane be a Vampire too?". It is different. If you mean, the whole transition to being a human -- well Kane has always been portrayed to be more human than Taker -- and the age of kayfabe is over, no one actually thinks they are undead zombies anymore.

Taker went back to Taker but never really did to much with Kane after that and WWE tried to do one thing for Kane without Taker unfortunately for all involved it was the Katie Vick thing.

Kane really needs a Kane storyline without Taker involved something just completely him but true to the character. They've told us about their childhood "the fire" what happened after that bring in something or someone else that Kane hooked up with after the fire thing that could "haunt" him.

Well, Kane was never really meant to break out, for the most part he was another big monster that was created for Taker to feed off of. Kane became more over than was initially expected but the WWE never altered his role significantly. He was either always fed to Taker, or to someone else. Usually, the WWE takes him more seriously when they are trying to put him in a program with Taker. The last one was definitely booked well for Kane, until the program with Edge totally ran over the program. In any case though, Kane's problem isn't Taker at this point. Kane has never, despite the proclamations of his fans, been at the same level as Taker -- ever, save for possibly brief periods of time. So naturally he isn't as successful as Taker.

I think Taker is truly going out soon and Kane is being setup to replace him as the top dog in the yard until he retires also.

Well, firstly, Taker isn't the top dog in the yard anymore, he hasn't been for about 2-3 years realistically. As for Kane replacing him -- that is doubtful. Kane is only a few years younger, and can't ever hope to reach the pinnacle the Taker character did, and especially not at this point in his career. If anyone replaces Taker, it will be someone much younger -- not someone in the senescence of his career.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
20111212_raw_kane3_l.jpg

So what does everyone think of the new look?

I like that WWE have reinvented his look again. He had had the previous look for too long and it needed a change. Obviously I like that they have brough the mask back but I also like the glove being back as well as it adds to the mistique.

Who do you think he will feud with next?

I think that it has to be with Cena. He closed RAW by chokeslamming not Henry but John Cena in the middle of the ring. This has to lead into a feud between those two over the next couple of months.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
It's hard to tell what the mask looks like in the dark with red lighting but overall, I loved the return. His new look from what I seen, is pretty good. Plus the old music is great.