Johnny Manziel

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JoshSmith

Reaction score
If you haven't heard of "Johnny Football" you have probably been living under a rock. Anyways, do you like the guy? Do you think his skills will translate to the NFL fine or will he be a bust?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I love the guy, but I do think he's a tad overrated. I'm optimistic that he'll do well in the NFL, but I don't have that high of expectations. As for his behavior, I think he's fine. The whole media circus around him was exaggerated a good bit because he was so popular and it got good ratings. He could be a problem, but I doubt he'll get out of hand and it's his skills that will be his downfall (if there is one), not his attitude.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think he has superstar franchise player written all over him. He just has that "it" factor about him and has a great skill set for a league that is transitioning more into a scrambling playmaking QB league now with the success of guys like Kap and Russell Wilson. I think he'll be one of the players teams regret passing on if Houston doesn't draft them which imo they really should. Just makes too much sense with them needing a QB and needing a star player let alone one who is Texas bred like he is.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Never heard of him. I did write a review for Draft Day though...

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He throws long balls, cocky and white....that league will now down to him as soon as Brady and Manning hang up their pads.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think it mostly who drafts him and if he can learn the system. He was a product of Texas A&M's passin' scheme so I could easily see him flailin' and floppin' in the NFL under a terrible coach.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
I love the guy, but I do think he's a tad overrated. I'm optimistic that he'll do well in the NFL, but I don't have that high of expectations. As for his behavior, I think he's fine. The whole media circus around him was exaggerated a good bit because he was so popular and it got good ratings. He could be a problem, but I doubt he'll get out of hand and it's his skills that will be his downfall (if there is one), not his attitude.
Going to have to agree with this entire post here. Although, I have high expectations for this guy. His only downfall will be durability, IMO. If he can continue to put on some lean muscle going into the pro's, he should be fine. His footwork in the pocket is outstanding but his pocket presence will vary with the defensive scheme because he will scramble. The only way I really see him failing is if he's not being able to run the offense under whatever head coach of the team he plays for. If that head coach tries to turn him into a "Pocket Passer", then we'll see JF's performance take a big hit. He can "make all the throws" when it comes down to it. He's going to be very good.

Last edited:

Hot Rod

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Not a fan, I think he'll be a bust.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I think it depends on the definition of what being a "success" will be for him. Cause he has the skills. He has the look. he has the "it" factor. He has all of that and can lead. He can fire up a team and make the throws. He has the smarts.

But will he have the O-line? Will he have a running game behind him? Will he have receivers to catch what he throws? And the main thing though is durability. He is kind of small and will be taking some huge hits. But I think he could be a potential success.

EDemp

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Even though he seemed very immature I think he is turning his character around.. I've seen some interviews and such and he seems to have gotten somewhat of a decent head on his shoulders.

That being said, I still think he needs to be in a good locker room with a head coach that isn't a pushover. I think the best fit in this draft would honestly be Houston

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Watching First Take and listening to Mel Kiper Jr... I really just think he has something against Johnny Football. Like really. It's like he just doesn't want to see him get drafted early.

You can have a really really good defense... but if you don't have a QB that can throw those TDs, if you don't have an offense that can march down the field... you can't win. I'd always rank a QB ahead of a DE.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler